Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 09:24 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times

Advertisements

I guess it depends on locale but in my area Craigslist personals can be dangerous. I don't really see anything serious relationship wise being advertised there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 09:32 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
I read the Craigslist ads when I am bored. They are downright hilarious.

Lots of men with crazy requests...

Years ago I created a fake profile on plenty of fish, so I could see when my ex was on the prowl for a new victim. I posted everything to make myself seem that I was the worst catch ever, like gold digger, unemployed, no education, fat, living in my parents basement. I even wrote that I was looking to be supported for the rest of my life. It shocked me how many guys would send me messages. I always wanted to ask them what was wrong with them...

Old 02-17-2016, 10:31 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Too many scammers, spammers and creepy people! I'd stay away.
Well, that pretty describes OLD sites in general, at least in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I read the Craigslist ads when I am bored. They are downright hilarious.
I read them when I want to feel better about being alone. Usually does the trick. "I may be alone but at least I'm not married to some prick openly looking to cheat on his wife." - a lot of the ads I read are from men who are either looking to cheat or who are outright only looking for a hookup.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Well, that pretty describes OLD sites in general, at least in my experience.

I read them when I want to feel better about being alone. Usually does the trick. "I may be alone but at least I'm not married to some prick openly looking to cheat on his wife." - a lot of the ads I read are from men who are either looking to cheat or who are outright only looking for a hookup.
That is true also.

This one had me in stitches last night. lol I was trying to figure out which city data poster wrote it...

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read my ad. As you can see from the title of my ad, I am seeking a long-term relationship with a woman in the hopes that it will eventually lead to marriage.

One of my life-goals is to remarry and have a family. Among those goals are to be married to my soulmate, to have children with her and to lead a life of happiness and contentment.

As for me, I am a 43-year-old white male, I am tall, good-looking, I am in the best physical shape of my life, and I am looking forward to moving on in this next chapter of my life.

I am in an excellent position to achieve all the goals I have laid out for myself. I own my own business, financially, I am very stable with a bright future. I have high ethical and moral standards, I do not drink or smoke l, I am in superb health both physically and mentally. I possess a high intellect and a great sense of humor.

I have excellent leadership skills and have excelled at every endeavor placed in front of me. I like making my partner feel safe and loved.

I'm looking for the right woman to be my friend, companion, and confidant. I am looking for the right woman to become my wife and partner for the rest of my life.

She should be attractive, in a girl next-door sort of way. I am not seeking perfection or a size 2 trophy wife. She should be intelligent, funny and have similar ethical and moral standards as I do; she should also want to start a family.

In a perfect world she would be between 25-38 years old. She should be an optimist and one who loves people.

If any of what I have said resonates with you, I would like to know more about you. Please write the word "soulmate" in the subject line to weed out spam.

I am very real and so is this ad. Please respond with a picture and I will send one also. I hope to hear from you.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:40 PM

Omg today's ads are even worse. And I only read the first 10 titles.

-48 year old man looking for a young busty girl.
-31 year old man down on his luck wanting a sugar mama
-34 year old is not looking for marriage but wants someone to have his baby
- guy looking for a dwarf only

People want to push gun control? No, we need mental health control...

Old 02-17-2016, 03:48 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Seriously Craigslist is on the bottom of the bottom of options for online dating which even any dating site is on the bottom.

I recommend discarding the entire idea of online dating altogether and just get involved in different activities women go to to meet them in person.

OLD is a frustrating experience overall and I'm not even sure Craigslist truly even classifies as a valid dating site anymore. Just a bunch of weirdos and scammers going on there.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:54 PM

645 posts, read 835,652 times
Backpage is where the fun is. CL is mostly spam.

Old 02-17-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Seriously Craigslist is on the bottom of the bottom of options for online dating which even any dating site is on the bottom.

I recommend discarding the entire idea of online dating altogether and just get involved in different activities women go to to meet them in person.

OLD is a frustrating experience overall and I'm not even sure Craigslist truly even classifies as a valid dating site anymore. Just a bunch of weirdos and scammers going on there.
I agree with you. Online seems to be a large crowd of dysfunction. Not saying that there are not some good people, I just didn't find those. The ones that reached out to me were fresh out of prison, druggies, emotionally damaged, unemployed, illegal immigrants and a whole slew of crazy.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:03 PM

49 posts, read 39,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Good or bad idea?
Why don't you get out of the house and join a singles group instead? Online dating is for losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships