Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 10:26 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey River View Post
Groovy baby!!! ........... Forget the hairdryer erm sorry the Harley LOL where's the " SHAGuar "?????? 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
Attached Thumbnails
If a guy calls you "sexy"...?-image.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 10:28 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Here's the thing, neutrino- there's no official rule book for this "dating thing". What works for me might very well not work for you (or anyone else in the world, for that matter).

While I have no doubt that your way can and does work for some people, it is not "the way", or even, objectively speaking, a "better way".
Well, I agree.

But most of you guys who practice Backwards Dating are having problems like "I don't know if I have known him long enough to have sex". If that's the case, why are you dating him? You should still be platonic friends at that point.

So if you're on a DATE, that should mean you already know (1) I am sexually attracted and (2) I have some degree of romantic feelings and (3) I feel comfortable spending time with them (I am not threatened).

So if someone you're sexually attracted to says you are sexy, that should not make you feel threatened. If it would make you feel that way, it makes no sense to be on a date with them.

imho.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:38 AM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Again the main problem is that they went on a date with someone they did not already know. I just don't comprehend doing it that way. Not that my way has ever worked for me, but the thought of doing it the other way just makes me uncomfortable.

Anyway, people tell people they've never met "you're sexy" all the time. Like in bars and nightclubs, for example. At least this happened after a "date".
It's not a "problem" at all. They had coffee. Big whoop. I suspect it was a first meeting from OLD...don't remember if OP stated that but it sounds as if that was the case. People do this ALL the time....it's NORMAL. You might not be comfortable with it. But frankly, you're probably in the minority.

Obviously 2 people that have dated a few times, that sort of comment would be far more appropriate. THAT is the issue - making such a comment prematurely.

And yeah, guys in bars might say it....but those are the guys we roll our eyes at and walk away from.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:40 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Well see, if the original poster had waited until she was attracted to someone, then dated him, she wouldn't be all uncomfortable with him saying she's sexy, since she would think he is sexy as well. lol.

Not so well, lol. But the thought of doing it the other way just makes me feel uncomfortable. Meeting new people and forming friendships is hard for me (I'm shy), so trying to do it that way...it just couldn't work for me.

But yeah I think the OP's main problem is that she's doing this backwards dating thing. If she dated people she already knew, she would already know she had feelings for the guy and would not be offended by being called sexy.
In fairness whether it's a first date, banter, city data etc I always say sexy as a compliment and I'm sure the bloke in question is the same. I think the OP is a little too highly strung to be dating anyway if she's freaking out about that mate . If the bloke called her gorgeous or beautiful instead would she have started this thread?

I understand that when you're dating you should be comfortable with the other person obviously but sometimes it's better to step out of your comfort zone and go for it!. Especially if you've had sod all luck doing it a certain way.

This backwards dating won't work for all please understand that mate , however yes if the OP is a bit paranoid after been let down or used then it may well be her best option.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:41 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,067,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Obviously 2 people that have dated a few times, that sort of comment would be far more appropriate. THAT is the issue - making such a comment prematurely.
Wouldn't be premature if she got to know the guy as a friend first and then asked him out on a date once they knew each other.

Plus, again, if it is acceptable to say "hey, sexy" in a nightclub, to someone you've never met, it should be more acceptable, not less, to say it after an actual date.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:45 AM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Wouldn't be premature if she got to know the guy as a friend first and then asked him out on a date once they knew each other.

Plus, again, if it is acceptable to say "hey, sexy" in a nightclub, to someone you've never met, it should be more acceptable, not less, to say it after an actual date.
You are not grasping my point. And you are exhausting. I give up.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:06 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
If a guy calls me sexy, then he thinks I'm sexy.

Quit over thinking stuff. The only way you tell how what a person is like, is to spend time with them.

Honestly, I think ALL guys are after sex. It may not be the only thing, but it's definitely there. It's their hormones, and it's not going to change. There is nothing wrong with that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-25-2016, 11:09 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Quit over thinking stuff. The only way you tell how what a person is like, is to spend time with them.

Honestly, I think ALL guys are after sex. It may not be the only thing, but it's definitely there. It's their hormones, and it's not going to change. There is nothing wrong with that.
And that's what we love about them

Old 02-25-2016, 11:09 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Ugh. I do agree they are all after sex. I do have a problem with that, as for me personally, I want to only have sex once we are in a very, very committed relationship. And as someone else said, when you tell any guy that, 99% of them will jet.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:10 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I would not be "creeped out" to simply get complemented on my looks. But saying "you're sexy", after just meeting me for the first time? Definitely would make me a little leery.
This. Some women don't view it as a compliment on their looks. It comes across as more of a compliment on certain body parts. It's more like a drool rather than a compliment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships