Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 01:06 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
IK am too. I thought OP was only married twice.

1st husband, dather of one child passed away.
2nd husband was other child's father, who was crazy as hell and didn't want to be married, and chucked his card at her to get her own wedding ring..

I thought it was married once. But the father of her kids are two different guys, neither of which she was married to. One of these fathers is dead.

But I swear this has changed so many times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 01:13 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I can only add that she finally got child support from one of them.

And wasn't once threatening to kill her recently?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-24-2016, 01:15 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I can only add that she finally got child support from one of them.

And wasn't once threatening to kill her recently?
Yeah. In her other thread that PSinger locked. I mentioned the welfare. She stated she is off welfare because she's finally get CS from her kid's father. And at some points, he's tried to kill her to avoid paying it.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:15 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
A friend of mine in a small town always says "you just have to wait for your turn".
Ain't that the truth.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:23 PM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Ding ding ding. We have a winner. This is why men and women have such a hard time getting in long-term relationships. You keep too many people in your orbit that "threaten" your relationship. If I'm seeing a woman and she notices that I'm going to have dinner or drinks with another woman or a couple of different women comment on my facebook, it's going to cause insecurities over time. It would likely do the same thing for me. I've known my share of women who have guy friends that they like to do things with and they find themselves always single hanging out with those guys, instead of being in a relationship with a guy they care about. Only way most people are comfortable with that scenario is if they're doing the same thing themselves.

I got the same thing from women when a couple of women caught wind that I had and was spending a little too much time with the opposite sex. They just opted to remove themselves from my life, because it would have been too much work to blend. I wasn't looking to get tied down at the time, so I was "happy" with the different women I was spending time with.
This sounds like my ex wife. Don't think she cheated (well who knows), but no boundaries. Constantly talking to guy friends and going to lunch. Who thinks that's OK when you are married.......

Old 02-24-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I thought it was married once. But the father of her kids are two different guys, neither of which she was married to. One of these fathers is dead.

But I swear this has changed so many times.
It is very much the same but you can't keep it straight.

A- Oldest child's father. Died before child was born. Been dead almost 13 years.
B- married while I was pregnant. Not the father. We remain in contact. He has truck and business. We were married about 18 months before splitting up. He is not interested in marriage or a family life. Even today 10 years later.
C- second child's father. Completely crazy. He has abused our child and tried killing me. We broke up 2 years ago.
D- dated friend I grew up with for 5 months Beginning of 2015. He was in recovery and recently out of prison. We are on ok terms. I answer his texts and calls but do not initiate. He is Peter Pan and still lives at home.
E- current boyfriend. Single dad with teens in his custody. Has his own small house he built probably 20 years ago on his families farm. His dad lives with him.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsteel View Post
This sounds like my ex wife. Don't think she cheated (well who knows), but no boundaries. Constantly talking to guy friends and going to lunch. Who thinks that's OK when you are married.......
Are you that insecure? My current boyfriend has lots of friends that are women. I have no concerns that he is cheating. Just as I gave guy friends and he knows that I am loyal as well. Him and I were tight while I was dating previous boyfriend, and I never crossed the line. Current boyfriend has had a crush on me for a really long time.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:25 AM

971 posts, read 689,366 times
I know that i am not always the smartest guy, but if the current bf has had a crush for years, why aren't you two shacked up and planning to marry? If it were me who waited for you for years i would be all over you. The once a week sleepover and doesn't even see you on valentines day stuff makes no sense. Actually, the whole thing makes no sense. I still say you are a "convienience" or fwb to him and that's it. Sad you are wasting more time with him when you should still be looking for the right guy.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
I know that i am not always the smartest guy, but if the current bf has had a crush for years, why aren't you two shacked up and planning to marry? If it were me who waited for you for years i would be all over you. The once a week sleepover and doesn't even see you on valentines day stuff makes no sense. Actually, the whole thing makes no sense. I still say you are a "convienience" or fwb to him and that's it. Sad you are wasting more time with him when you should still be looking for the right guy.
Well we have only been dating for a little over 6 months. He would like to see me more than once a week but he wants me to come to him more and not him always having to come to my house. But that is hard for me, because I have my kids 99% of the time. I always have at least one. I can't take my dog to his house, so on the rare night I have no kids and can sleep over, I have to pay a pet sitter to stay at my house. His house has no room for my kids to sleep over.

He won't ever move out of his house and his house does not have room for my kids/pets, so I am not sure how we would logistically fit at his house. We have not really talked about it yet. He makes little comments and sends funny pictures about marriage/wife but again have not talked about it. We have only been together as a couple since August.

I did see him for Valentines Day. He did surprise me and come over.

I honestly don't know how things could change so we do see each other more. it is hard when we already have established households, lots of kids and animals. I have sort of just gotten used to not seeing him much. While I would love to live with and be married to him, we are not there yet.

A friend that grew up with both of us, thinks I need to just go to his house more often so he can see for himself that his house does not work, but I think he is pretty set in his ways. He has never lived anywhere else.

Old 02-25-2016, 09:53 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
So if he built that house 20 years ago, where did he live before? On the same property but different house?

Is there any chance to build an addition to it?

Why would anybody build a house so small that there is no chance of having a family in it? Did you ever speak with him about it? Was he determined to stay single forever?

Is his dad of good health, do you think he will be there for much longer? Don't want to sound mean but if he is old ... you know ...

When he complains not to see you often enough, what do you say then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships