Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 07:55 AM

783 posts, read 2,588,230 times

Advertisements

There is some relationship between this 2 threads First Date in 30 years.

I just started speaking to this girl who is 4 states away from me. We text but speak to each other daily.
  1. On day 2, she starts asking me about my past relationship-how many past girlfriends I have had and I was honest.[ Was it wrong for me to be honest?]
  2. On day 3, she starts taking about sex. I'm open minded but I told her this was going really fast. May be for me and not her. Who know may be she is just interested in sex or just wants to have sex with a virgin

Am I wrong to state
  • This relationship is on the super highway?
  • We may end up been friends/ lovers but not spouses?

From my perspective, she is funny, a little lazy base on our conversation, I make her laugh most often and she calls me a funny guy. I stand to be corrected, she is a little bit on the low self-esteem edge.

What can I say...what an experience!
What's your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 08:04 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Do you like talking to her? Do you look forward to it? Does talking to her make you want to meet her?

If so, keep on talking until you are comfortable enough to see her. Try not to think too much about where it's going, but just enjoy it, if it's enjoyable to you. If the opposite is true, politely tell her so and move on.

Keep being honest with her--you can't go wrong there.

You're coming to the game a little bit late, but this is what dating is like--meeting people, some who you like and some you want to run away from.

If it turns out she's just interested in sex, or intrigued by having sex with a virgin, and you're not morally opposed to that, enjoy that too! Sex is a good thing when you're mature and ready for it.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:05 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Okay. Here's my take on this.

Forget what you read about storybook romances beginning on the internet. A person on the internet can tell you anything they want about themselves. Essentially you're talking to the woman's altar ego, not the real person.

Not having internet conversations with anybody, I'm not sure what the rules are, but I'm pretty convinced that they should be the same as any other relationship. You first talk about the simple stuff to see if your values line up and if there's chemistry between the two of you. Over time, you talk about the heavy-duty stuff. Reading about the course of your conversations, I can tell you that this is classic modus operandi for a an abusive personality: A rush to be on intimate terms and a hasty bid to establish a relationship.

So, yeah, I'd at least say slow down. And if she really pushes things, bail on her quickly.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Do you like talking to her? Do you look forward to it? Does talking to her make you want to meet her?

If so, keep on talking until you are comfortable enough to see her. Try not to think too much about where it's going, but just enjoy it, if it's enjoyable to you. If the opposite is true, politely tell her so and move on.

Keep being honest with her--you can't go wrong there.

You're coming to the game a little bit late, but this is what dating is like--meeting people, some who you like and some you want to run away from.
Yes, I look forward to her text and calls but honestly I think is dry-just my opinion. There is alot of silence in our 1 to 4 hours conversations. I know am of the quiet type but I try to make her talk; ask questions and am beginning to feel how would life be if by any coincidence this relationship goes any where. The shocker to me is I talk to her like I talk to any boy or girl ie boy stuff and girl stuff. I think I am loving this- not a date girl of course We talk about food, marriage, school, work, our health,goals,our childhood,life,what we look for in a potential mate and stuff like that.

Quote:
If it turns out she's just interested in sex, or intrigued by having sex with a virgin, and you're not morally opposed to that, enjoy that too! Sex is a good thing when you're mature and ready for it.
Just loving it...lol.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:44 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,301,541 times
Remember that on the internet there is no harm in being 100% honest (And all I mean is that face to face there can be an embarrassment factor. Not saying to be dishonest there okay?? )

Old 02-15-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Okay. Here's my take on this. You first talk about the simple stuff to see if your values line up and if there's chemistry between the two of you. Over time, you talk about the heavy-duty stuff. Reading about the course of your conversations, I can tell you that this is classic modus operandi for a an abusive personality: A rush to be on intimate terms and a hasty bid to establish a relationship.

So, yeah, I'd at least say slow down. And if she really pushes things, bail on her quickly.
As of this point our values are parallel. What is the heavy stuff?; I like been prepared.

Classic modus operandi [just learnt a new word], She isn't rushing things unless she is pretentious. May be she is pretending who knows
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
A person on the internet can tell you anything they want about themselves. Essentially you're talking to the woman's altar ego, not the real person.
She is cool about meeting me later but I have been advice to see her quickly before the distance relationship fades. Is this possible?. When I mentioned the fact that I informed my siblings about her, she was worried that.."What happens if this doesn't work?, what happens if when she meets me and she doesn't like me? what would I then say and other stuff like this is my first experience - she has had 5+ previous experiences. [that's what she claims]

By slowing down you mean?

Last edited by npumcrisz; 02-15-2008 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 02-15-2008, 08:58 AM

The shocker to me is I talk to her like I talk to any boy or girl ie boy stuff and girl stuff. I think I am loving this- not a date girl of course We talk about food, marriage, school, work, our health,goals,our childhood,life,what we look for in a potential mate and stuff like that.

Why does this make her not a "date girl?" She sounds exactly like a date girl to me. What do you envision talking about with your idea of a date girl?

Old 02-15-2008, 09:02 AM

443 posts, read 1,793,780 times
Day 3 - Talking about sex. She sounds like she has a lot of "experience" if you ask me.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
The shocker to me is I talk to her like I talk to any boy or girl ie boy stuff and girl stuff. I think I am loving this- not a date girl of course We talk about food, marriage, school, work, our health,goals,our childhood,life,what we look for in a potential mate and stuff like that.

Why does this make her not a "date girl?" She sounds exactly like a date girl to me. What do you envision talking about with your idea of a date girl?
I think this may be my problem. I envision dating is a dull rigid activity but I guess I have to change my perception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post
Day 3 - Talking about sex. She sounds like she has a lot of "experience" if you ask me.
That she does....
I tell her I am the didactic chemistry teacher and she is the lab instructor.. hope you get the joke because she did and cracked up.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:36 AM

I think this may be my problem. I envision dating is a dull rigid activity but I guess I have to change my perception.

Yeah. Dating is supposed to be fun. Ideally you'll have more fun with your girlfriend than you do with anyone else. Even if this girl doesn't turn out to be "the one" for you, from what you're saying it sounds like you're on you're way to a decent dating experience or maybe at least some fun times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships