Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 07:28 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Sometimes I wish this forum would just segregate itself:

Millennials over here, Gen-Xers and Boomers over there. Virgins over here, people with experience over there. Married and divorced people over here, people with no experience with marriage or divorce over there.

Of course, that negates the possibility of those who are inexperienced with dating, sex, marriage, or divorce asking for input from those with more experience, but it's not like they actually listen when people take the time to answer, anyway.
We should do what they did on the Seattle thread with the constant threads being started about how to prep for an interview at Amazon; create a megathread for the most frequently-raised topic. A megathread for "should women pay half?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 07:35 PM

52,375 posts, read 52,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Sometimes I wish this forum would just segregate itself:

Millennials over here, Gen-Xers and Boomers over there. Virgins over here, people with experience over there. Married and divorced people over here, people with no experience with marriage or divorce over there.

Of course, that negates the possibility of those who are inexperienced with dating, sex, marriage, or divorce asking for input from those with more experience, but it's not like they actually listen when people take the time to answer, anyway.
For me I used to get myself all frothy and aggravated with some of the guys here, but if you stand back and just accept that they are a product of changing times, then for me at least, it sorta takes away a bit of the aggravation factor.

People change, times are different, roles and dating probably is gonna change along with all of the other changes around us.

The problem is is when we aren't aware of that we tend to fight them too much. IDK... it's sad to me.. I think young women and men for that matter are devaluing themselves, there isn't a thrill anymore, the excitement of meeting new people, its seems like everything is turning into a heavily negotiated transaction, albeit on a subconscious level, but nonetheless a tit for tat sorta deal.

IDK... seems like just meeting someone organically and just having a good time without this what can I get from him/her mentality that seems to be what I'm seeing anymore.

I'm glad I'm not out there, if I were, I'd probably just stick to women my age and hope that they think along the lines that I do... if not, I guess a fleshlight and Netflix is my future.........

Old 04-10-2016, 07:40 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,258,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
IDK... seems like just meeting someone organically and just having a good time without this what can I get from him/her mentality that seems to be what I'm seeing anymore.
Without having to worry that your date will ask you, "What do you bring to the table". I first heard that on C-D. It's been an education, of sorts.

"Oh, there's a table? And I was supposed to bring something? Oops! Why didn't anyone tell me? Is it ok if I pass, this time? Is this a thing, nowadays?" <---- me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships