Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 02:55 PM

3 posts, read 2,297 times

Advertisements

I work hard all day only to come home to a house that looks like it's been hit by a bomb. My wife isn't working although she is looking for a job, but that doesn't take up that much of her time and she always has plenty of time to do what needs doing at home. I've told her over and over again to pull her socks up and do something, but she's just so lazy and always makes excuses. When I wake up each day, I have to make my own coffee because she doesn't feel any need to do any sort of gesture that tells me that she appreciates what I do. I feel like she's turned into a parasite. No, she has absolutely no psychological issues whatsoever, and no, she's not ill. She's just plain bone idle.

How on earth am I supposed to deal with this? I'm running out of ways to tell her the same thing over and over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 03:03 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
You accept her as she is or you move on.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:08 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Is she too busy watching Leave it to Beaver reruns?

Old 03-23-2016, 03:10 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times
Kick him to the curb!
You go girl!

Oh wait...wrong thread

Deal without OP your a man

Old 03-23-2016, 03:11 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Do you want us to talk to her for you?

Old 03-23-2016, 03:17 PM

237 posts, read 224,848 times
It looks like you married a "princess", and you are her humble servant whose duty in life is to put her on a pedestal and spoil her. A healthy relationship is based on mutual respect and trust. If you don't have that, you have nothing. Unless you want to be supporting her financially for the rest of your life, make sure that YOU use birth control. A pregnancy would be her golden ticket to stay at home indefinitely.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:23 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Kick him to the curb!
You go girl!

Oh wait...wrong thread

Deal without OP your a man

Old 03-23-2016, 03:25 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
The sex must be damn good, else you may be thinking of divorce. It will be worse when she's working, because then she'll have a reasonable excuse that she's tired. Your future looks dirty and disordered - but heck, the sex must be phenomenal!

Old 03-23-2016, 03:27 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrytheberry View Post
I work hard all day only to come home to a house that looks like it's been hit by a bomb. My wife isn't working although she is looking for a job, but that doesn't take up that much of her time and she always has plenty of time to do what needs doing at home. I've told her over and over again to pull her socks up and do something, but she's just so lazy and always makes excuses. When I wake up each day, I have to make my own coffee because she doesn't feel any need to do any sort of gesture that tells me that she appreciates what I do. I feel like she's turned into a parasite. No, she has absolutely no psychological issues whatsoever, and no, she's not ill. She's just plain bone idle.

How on earth am I supposed to deal with this? I'm running out of ways to tell her the same thing over and over.
Nothing else you can do.

Sorry, dude.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:28 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Was she always like this or is this something new?

If she was always lazy, then I hate to say it, but...there's probably no changing that. She was lazy before, she's lazy now, she'll be lazy tomorrow.

If she wasn't, then something else might be going on. She might be depressed. She might be inwardly angry at you for some reason and getting back at you. She might just be over doing the gross scutwork. I can tell you that even if housework is "all" one needs to do, it makes you feel like an underappreciated piece of garbage pretty darned quickly. It just does. The one who makes money has been "working hard all day" and gets to come home and you have to lift his skidmarked underwear with the tips of two fingers and transport it to the laundry and you have to get your face close to a toilet bowl and scrub out someone else's sh*t stains. Again. And again...It absolutely gets old and yes, you absolutely resent it, and perhaps go on silent strike at some point.

But with that said, I don't know the exact circumstances so hopefully you can answer these questions and we can help you try to figure things out from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships