Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 06:12 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times

Advertisements

So, this past Tuesday, I met a girl at my school during one of a business group's stress relief event that I was invited to in a classroom, and we IMMEDIATELY hit it off.

Conversation flowed easily, lots of smiling, quite a few common interests, and she ALWAYS continued the conversation even during the quiet pause segments and her body language was facing towards me a little bit.

I even started moving my leg towards hers to touch it and she didn’t move nor seemed uncomfortable (didn't mean to do this, it almost just happened).

Honestly, the event flew by so quickly, and we probably could have talked all day if we wanted to.

We hugged (and not just a quick goodbye type hug) when we both had to go, and exchanged numbers.

We've been texting everyday since then except for Friday and Sunday. I've initiated all the times, btw.

Wanted to see if she wanted to hang out that same day by coming to a neighborhood bar with a couple of my friends, but said that she was already on her way home. She did offer an alternative time on Thursday for us to go, and made plans for lunch and a walk around the city.

She has replied quickly via text most of the time so far (and not hours or days later or even minutes rarely), and not just with one or two word answers.

Has also asked me questions a bit here and there. Uses a lot of emojis as well, and some slight flirting here and there.

However, she has cancelled our first date twice already. Once this past Thursday, and today:

For Thursday, she texted me in the morning saying she woke up feeling really sick and that her allergies started.

She'd try to make it to school, but that she'd have to cancel lunch. She did end up going to school for a project, but then went back home. We rescheduled for today (Monday), even with her having a midterm that day, but she said it's okay and that she could study a bit after we hanged out.

For today, she texted me last night saying that she really hates to do this, but that she has to cancel again.

Said she's overwhelmed with the two midterms this week and the work she has to make up for spring break, and one of her professors just assigned her class a 6 page paper to do over the break, which she has to finish by today. Said she's so so sorry and felt ****ty for having to cancel again but being sick and then just having errand after errand this past weekend (talked about it on Saturday, so it's true) has set her school work back a lot, and that she doesn't really have any time for anything these next 3 days and that she's really really sorry.

Even during her 2nd cancellation, we still had an awesome 2 hour text convo until we both had to go to sleep. Told her that I wish I could have seen her today, and she said the same about me, and that being an adult is so boring sometimes.

Now, even when she cancelled twice, she went into detail with a lot of crying and sad emojis, and apologized numerous times.

I do believe her, and I don't believe she's intentionally blowing me off. If she did, I'd assume she'd be vague and only respond with like a few words and hours/days later (if at that). From her grades and studies, and also trying to get into this business group, I'm definitely inclined to believe that she is busy.

She's leaving for Florida with her family this Thursday morning for spring break, so my plan is to reschedule for early May. If she cancels again, then I'll probably assume she isn't into me like that, or just way too busy to date/get into a relationship.

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 04-18-2016 at 06:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 06:18 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Perhaps you need to use the blog feature?

Old 04-18-2016, 06:19 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
She sounds like a potential flake, so you can stay in contact and see what happens, but just try not to get too excited about her.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Perhaps you need to use the blog feature?
Never used it before.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:21 PM

61,734 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
If she cancels again, then I'll probably assume she isn't into me like that, or just way too busy to date/get into a relationship.

^^^ This!! Sounds like a plan.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
She sounds like a potential flake, so you can stay in contact and see what happens, but just try not to get too excited about her.
Maybe, but I do think her reasons are legit. She mentioned having two midterms left for this week, having errands over the weekend, and going to Florida for like a week or so this Thursday. The school I go to also isn't an easy one at all. One of the top business schools in the country.

Old 04-18-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Maybe, but I do think her reasons are legit. She mentioned having two midterms left for this week, having errands over the weekend, and going to Florida for like a week or so this Thursday. The school I go to also isn't an easy one at all. One of the top business schools in the country.
I hope her reasons are legit. I am interested in a flaky person right now and he uses his career as an excuse which may be true, but I'm also not going to ignore the possibility that maybe he's just not that into me. Only time will tell.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I hope her reasons are legit. I am interested in a flaky person right now and he uses his career as an excuse which may be true, but I'm also not going to ignore the possibility that maybe he's just not that into me. Only time will tell.
How are you conversations (in person, text, calling)?

If the convos are already not good or lukewarm at best, then he may not be interested.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:49 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:

If the convos are already not good or lukewarm at best, then he may not be interested.
Doctor, Heal thyself first

Old 04-18-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:

We've been out twice and he invited me over to his house for sex *cough* I mean "dinner." Then, we were supposed to go out but he canceled and asked to reschedule due to "work."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships