Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 11:09 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Based upon all you've posted you are not exactly the poster child for wise decisions.
You can think what you want because your opinion really does not matter in the slightest. But in real life, I am quite amazing, an excellent parent, and good with money. I did not acquire what I have from making bad decisions. It is quite the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 11:12 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I have two young kids and have plenty of time to date. I do not gonto school. I work a very early shift and leave work at work. Some days I work 5 hours, some 12. Most days I am home by 3pm. But when I leave, I don't give work another thought until I have to show up again. I work for a paycheck, so I can afford to enjoy my life and have fun.

I prioritize my kids and relationships over, school, money and climbing the ladder.
I already know your situation. When I was just working, I had time to date too. The op is going to grad school, works, and has 4 kids-so yes its going to be very very difficult to manage a relationship.

As for your last sentence, its obvious that you value that--to each their own. The op will have to also figure out her priorities as well-she has jobs, kids, school in the fall, and she wants to date. She will struggle to do them all she's going to have to adjust what she chooses to focus on.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:14 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
You and believe007 have very different social circles (and other factors). lol I'm not at all surprised by the difference based on what I know of you and what you share.

The single/divorced parents in my circle are not at all like what believe007 expresses, based on his/her limited experience and small sample.
Interesting that you think you know me.
You don't, thank God.
I am an introvert that raised my kids my way.
When I enrolled them in the public
schools was when other moms
would talk to me, while at school
functions or as they invited my kids over.
I actually pulled my kids out &
homescooled them.....
And extraordinarily successfully I must say

So just to clarify-

You're wrong....
That's not my social circle.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:15 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
You can think what you want because your opinion really does not matter in the slightest. But in real life, I am quite amazing, an excellent parent, and good with money. I did not acquire what I have from making bad decisions. It is quite the opposite.
You may want to go back and read your own threads. You may have multiple personalities.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-22-2016, 11:16 AM

66 posts, read 60,238 times
I've two boys and out of relationship almost a year. I keep getting asked out, but frankly I'm not in any rush to start dating. I'm enjoying being single and the way I look at is that if the right guy comes along, fine, I'll date him and see where it takes me, but I'm under no pressure. I'm 31, I'm not having anymore kids, all I'd be looking in a man is companionship, but i'm not actively looking for a man, I'm happy enough as I am.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:24 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You may want to go back and read your own threads. You may have multiple personalities.
I have mentioned many times that I am good with money, make great financial decisions, attractive, nice and pretty spectacular. Just because you have never met me, does not mean that it is not true. And just because posters that have never met me, choose to form their own opinions of me, does not mean they are correct and I am not a great person.

I choose to value my own opinion first, secondly my kids, and thirdly my true friends that know me in real life. No where do I care one iota, what some online fake name, on a forum thinks about me.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:27 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
I choose to value my own opinion first, secondly my kids, and thirdly my true friends that know me in real life. No where do I care one iota, what some online fake name, on a forum thinks about me.
If you don't care about anyone else's opinion, why are you asking for them on here day in and day out?

Hmmmmn.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:28 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
My son was 5 when I split with his dad. I really had no desire, or time, to date. I concentrated on raising my kid and having fun with him. They grow up too damn fast and frankly I had no desire to be out playing the dating game when I could be enjoying time with my son. We travelled, we did several great vacations and had a ball. I didn't even give men a second thought until my boy was 12. He's in college now, and I don't regret a single mnute that I spent with him.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:30 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
Quote:
I have mentioned many times that I am good with money, make great financial decisions, attractive, nice and pretty spectacular. Just because you have never met me, does not mean that it is not true. And just because posters that have never met me, choose to form their own opinions of me, does not mean they are correct and I am not a great person.

Honestly the last line in your rant, lol, is how it should be. Like drake said, "know yourself". You shouldn't care what any of us think about you. But if that is the case, i would stop making threads asking for advice from "us" since you don't care for our thoughts and opinions.

Also this thread is about a woman that is not in your situation-she has two additional kids, wants more, has two jobs, and is going to grad school soon. She is not like you in the fact that though she may want to make dating a big priority, she will not necessarily have the same time and flexibility that you have.

im glad that your new relationship is working out, btw.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:56 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie71275 View Post
I'm curious for those single parents who have children, how did you rejoin the dating pool? I'm 32 with 4 kids, and that's ALOT of kids to ask someone to take on. My husband and I are currently separated, but I will be filing for divorce asap. I'm not looking to meet anyone at the moment, so just mainly curious. He is living in another state now, and has already met someone else to date. Is it just easier for men to restart?

For now, my friends and I are planning a couple girls nights out(we area all single now) and thinking to plan a few of those for somewhere single men friendly, lol...not that I know where to begin on that one really.

Just curious!

Katie
4 kids? That's gonna be a lot for a single man willing to take on. However, my mother had me and my sisters when she was a teen and managed remarry and had another kid with my stepdad. Some man will date you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships