Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 02:35 PM

625 posts, read 952,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Is this the same woman who didn't want you to see her for two weeks following dental surgery?

This is the same woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,881 posts, read 1,483,683 times
All I know is that when I feel compelled to declare I'm going off the grid, it's because I'm feeling hounded and/or suffocated. Step back and look at how things have been lately.

Are you texting her 5 times a day?

Are you calling her multiple times a day?

Are you one of those guys who, if a woman doesn't respond to one mode of communication will then follow up with another? An ex drove me up an unholy wall with that--if I didn't pick up the phone, he'd call the cell. If I didn't pick up the cell, he'd text. If I didn't text, he'd email. It was like he wasn't going to stop trying until I dropped what I was doing to pay attention to him--and invariably the conversation would start with me asking him what was so important that he couldn't wait an hour for me to get back to him and him saying, "nothing, just wanted to say hi."

If you want a compromise, just ask her to give you a shout when she gets home at night, so you know she's safe and to say goodnight. But don't feel like you should have the right to be in contact all weekend while she's out and about. Give her some space.

4,385 posts, read 4,391,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Is this the same woman who didn't want you to see her for two weeks following dental surgery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
She has another man on the side lol. A bit weird that she suggests no communication until Monday.
maybe her oral surgeon

Old 04-28-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
All I know is that when I feel compelled to declare I'm going off the grid, it's because I'm feeling hounded and/or suffocated. Step back and look at how things have been lately.

Are you texting her 5 times a day?

Are you calling her multiple times a day?

Are you one of those guys who, if a woman doesn't respond to one mode of communication will then follow up with another? An ex drove me up an unholy wall with that--if I didn't pick up the phone, he'd call the cell. If I didn't pick up the cell, he'd text. If I didn't text, he'd email. It was like he wasn't going to stop trying until I dropped what I was doing to pay attention to him--and invariably the conversation would start with me asking him what was so important that he couldn't wait an hour for me to get back to him and him saying, "nothing, just wanted to say hi."

If you want a compromise, just ask her to give you a shout when she gets home at night, so you know she's safe and to say goodnight. But don't feel like you should have the right to be in contact all weekend while she's out and about. Give her some space.

I am not overbearing toward her at all. I don't even text her that often compared to most people. I rarely call her on the phone. There was even a time when I texted her good morning but I forgot to text her in the afternoon. She actually texted me in the evening complaining that I hadn't texted her all day, and she asked if I was ok.

Usually, I will text her good morning and tell her to have a good day. I will also text her later in the afternoon to ask how her day went, and I would text her in the evening to tell her that I am going to the gym and ask her how work went. There were times when we would text each other in conversation, but really it isn't that many texts in a day.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:47 PM

531 posts, read 384,620 times
Personal experience has shown me, when a significant other doesn't want to be bothered by you, there is usually another man she is spending time with. Hanging with friends or girls night out is the standard cover story, because you don't want to be controlling and not let her spend time with her friends do you? Yeah don't fall for that. Ignore her for a week as well, see how she likes it.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:49 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
I am not overbearing toward her at all. I don't even text her that often compared to most people. I rarely call her on the phone. There was even a time when I texted her good morning but I forgot to text her in the afternoon. She actually texted me in the evening complaining that I hadn't texted her all day, and she asked if I was ok.

Usually, I will text her good morning and tell her to have a good day. I will also text her later in the afternoon to ask how her day went, and I would text her in the evening to tell her that I am going to the gym and ask her how work went. There were times when we would text each other in conversation, but really it isn't that many texts in a day.

Maybe you need to stop texting and actually have a talk. OMG, in real time!

Old 04-28-2016, 02:55 PM

888 posts, read 555,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Personal experience has shown me, when a significant other doesn't want to be bothered by you, there is usually another man she is spending time with. Hanging with friends or girls night out is the standard cover story, because you don't want to be controlling and not let her spend time with her friends do you? Yeah don't fall for that. Ignore her for a week as well, see how she likes it.
This is so not true. Women can't just want to hang out with friends alone? Give me a break. Not everything is all about a cover story to meet another man. I wouldn't tell my husband not to txt me for a weekend if I was away with friends, but he probably wouldn't text me much. We have no need to be in constant contact. Do you have this same view of men, that is a guy wanted a guys night or a guys weekend, it must be a cover story for another woman? I bet no. And if that is the case, you don't have much faith in people. Sure people cheat, I have been cheated on before in the past, but I choose to trust someone and have faith until they give me a reason not to. A girls weekend is hardly a reason to be suspicious. It sounds like this girl likes some space...if you aren't into space in a relationship, she may not be for you.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:55 PM

3,166 posts, read 3,360,802 times
Make a surprise visit with flowers in your hand & find out for yourself....I agree with Rise of virtue's comments.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:59 PM

531 posts, read 384,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
This is so not true. Women can't just want to hang out with friends alone? Give me a break. Not everything is all about a cover story to meet another man. I wouldn't tell my husband not to txt me for a weekend if I was away with friends, but he probably wouldn't text me much. We have no need to be in constant contact. Do you have this same view of men, that is a guy wanted a guys night or a guys weekend, it must be a cover story for another woman? I bet no. And if that is the case, you don't have much faith in people. Sure people cheat, I have been cheated on before in the past, but I choose to trust someone and have faith until they give me a reason not to. A girls weekend is hardly a reason to be suspicious. It sounds like this girl likes some space...if you aren't into space in a relationship, she may not be for you.
Like I said, I was speaking from personal experience. Calm your emotions

Old 04-28-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Make a surprise visit with flowers in your hand & find out for yourself....I agree with Rise of virtue's comments.

I actually brought her flowers last week, and I got her a gift card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships