Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 11:41 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,201 times

Advertisements

So, I kept looking for this question to pop-up, but it never did, so I'll ask it now.

Where did the ex-boyfriend sleep while he was there for 5 days? You indicated she lives in a duplex, so it probably isn't especially large, probably no more than a couple of bedrooms.

My take is, you are her "bridge". She's in between people she wants to date and you are able to satisfy enough of her itch until she can find her next real boyfriend. Maybe boyfriend is too strong. Target may be more appropriate.

She's not considering you for the job because she spends too much time trying to keep you at arm's length. At some point, I'm counting on her upping her game a little bit and asking you to babysit for her while she goes out with her "girlfriends". She'll probably start letting you know how bad her finances are and drop a few hints about having you help out a little.

I feel for you, dude, I really do. But you haven't demonstrated even a basic understanding of love coming from her. Other than sex, what has she done for YOU lately?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 10:00 AM

625 posts, read 952,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
So, I kept looking for this question to pop-up, but it never did, so I'll ask it now.

Where did the ex-boyfriend sleep while he was there for 5 days? You indicated she lives in a duplex, so it probably isn't especially large, probably no more than a couple of bedrooms.

My take is, you are her "bridge". She's in between people she wants to date and you are able to satisfy enough of her itch until she can find her next real boyfriend. Maybe boyfriend is too strong. Target may be more appropriate.

She's not considering you for the job because she spends too much time trying to keep you at arm's length. At some point, I'm counting on her upping her game a little bit and asking you to babysit for her while she goes out with her "girlfriends". She'll probably start letting you know how bad her finances are and drop a few hints about having you help out a little.

I feel for you, dude, I really do. But you haven't demonstrated even a basic understanding of love coming from her. Other than sex, what has she done for YOU lately?

Actually, I think she told me that the guy slept in the kids' room in one of the kids' beds, and one of her sons slept in her bed with her.

She was recently involved in a car accident when her car died and hit a parked car which then hit a garage. I drove her to places where she works at on Friday night and some nights earlier this week. Lately, she would take one of her sons with her to help her at her cleaning job, and she would leave the other child at home. But instead of leaving one kid at home, why not just take both of them with her and while she is cleaning, they can just play games on the tablet at her job or help her clean the place where she works at? She rented a car for a few days. and she is currently looking for a new car.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:59 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
Actually, I think she told me that the guy slept in the kids' room in one of the kids' beds, and one of her sons slept in her bed with her.

She was recently involved in a car accident when her car died and hit a parked car which then hit a garage. I drove her to places where she works at on Friday night and some nights earlier this week. Lately, she would take one of her sons with her to help her at her cleaning job, and she would leave the other child at home. But instead of leaving one kid at home, why not just take both of them with her and while she is cleaning, they can just play games on the tablet at her job or help her clean the place where she works at? She rented a car for a few days. and she is currently looking for a new car.
Well that's a bit dodgy mate..... The first paragraph of course

Old 05-31-2016, 05:43 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
I'm glad you don't believe her, because no one is that gullible!

Old 06-02-2016, 04:44 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
All I know is that when I feel compelled to declare I'm going off the grid, it's because I'm feeling hounded and/or suffocated. Step back and look at how things have been lately.

Are you texting her 5 times a day?

Are you calling her multiple times a day?

Are you one of those guys who, if a woman doesn't respond to one mode of communication will then follow up with another? An ex drove me up an unholy wall with that--if I didn't pick up the phone, he'd call the cell. If I didn't pick up the cell, he'd text. If I didn't text, he'd email. It was like he wasn't going to stop trying until I dropped what I was doing to pay attention to him--and invariably the conversation would start with me asking him what was so important that he couldn't wait an hour for me to get back to him and him saying, "nothing, just wanted to say hi."

If you want a compromise, just ask her to give you a shout when she gets home at night, so you know she's safe and to say goodnight. But don't feel like you should have the right to be in contact all weekend while she's out and about. Give her some space.
I'd be the same.

However, based on previous posts...something IS odd here. Either he is way too clingy, or she's "just not that into him" - or both.

Plus, when it comes to frequency of communication, it's a compatibility issue. Some people want constant contact, others are happy with going weeks without talking. If you're not both on the same page, it won't work.

Old 06-02-2016, 04:49 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I smell BS
From my (female) view:

If you're in the early stages of the relationship, and only having sex once a week, WOW.

Five years from now, if you're together, you'll be lucky to have sex three times a year.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:36 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
Quote:
She was recently involved in a car accident when her car died and hit a parked car which then hit a garage.
I still don't understand how in this scenario the damage was to the rear end of her car.

Quote:
Lately, she would take one of her sons with her to help her at her cleaning job, and she would leave the other child at home. But instead of leaving one kid at home, why not just take both of them with her and while she is cleaning, they can just play games on the tablet at her job or help her clean the place where she works at? .
Because she works nights and they should be at home sleeping so they aren't dead tired and can focus in class the next morning. She starts taking them out all night to work, their teachers start to realize something is up, eventually child services gets called and she loses them too.

Which might not be a bad thing since she apparently regrets having them in the first place.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:58 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,734 times
lol, this is so sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships