Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 02:28 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesagon View Post
Thanks everyone I talked to her about it but she says she still wants it but has been too tired to play or care for it with her job. I told her I was tired of becoming solely responsible for it and considered finding it a new home and she got real mad saying I was being selfish for wanting to.
Please help her find a new home for the poor dog.

And then kick her to the curb right after. She sounds like a waste of time for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 03:47 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone I talked to her about it but she says she still wants it but has been too tired to play or care for it with her job. I told her I was tired of becoming solely responsible for it and considered finding it a new home and she got real mad saying I was being selfish for wanting to.
I'm getting real mad at your girlfriend for being such an irresponsible pet owner. Seriously, I would like to slap her. Please tell her I said so.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:32 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
Keep the dog. Get rid of the girlfriend.
As harsh as it sounds, I agree with this. She sounds like a real winner.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:01 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
A few things:

First, the OP has not stated that he would want the dog on his own, saying he hasn't liked having to be responsible for it, so those of you suggesting to just "keep it on his own"... does not seem to be the case.

Secondly, those stating that the girlfriend should "just wake up and face responsibiltiy" doesn't mean she is going to begin doing so. People are either inclined to make pets a priority or they are not. That's it. (Perish the thought that she would become pregnant and others would be demanding her to "just be responsible and become a mother").

Thirdly, the poor dog (who is likely sensing the lack of stability), will hopefully be given to or wanted by someone who can actually handle this responsibility. The sooner the better in making the transference, since he is young and can begin adapting to a new and better environment.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:02 AM

169 posts, read 111,418 times
I would kick her out and keep the dog. As a dude who doesn't care for dogs I'm saying this. lol

Old 05-11-2016, 04:04 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times
Keep the dog break up with your girl friend. If I were you I will choose the dog. If you think from dog's paws for you also the same she will do someday. So choose the dog.

Edit: I agree with all who say keep the dog

Old 05-11-2016, 06:44 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
Keep the dog. Get rid of the girlfriend.

Great post. Beat me to it. That dog will love you every day you get home. Dump the GF.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:15 AM

888 posts, read 555,767 times
I am actually in shock she has the nerve to call you selfish, because you said something. She wanted the dog, not you, you indicated you aren't even really a dog person. Yet now there is this expectation you do all the work, because she is " tired" Please give me a break. We are all tired, deal with it or don't get a dog in the first place. And please do not have kids with this person. Please contact the breeder about returning the dog, or contact a dog rescue. Please do not just dump the dog at the shelter, especially if it's a high kill shelter, and do not post it free on craigslist either.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:00 AM

807 posts, read 1,353,981 times
Wow man, how can you be attracted to this girl after this? There is absolutely no excuse not to take care of that dog. She's tired when she gets home from work? Who the hell isn't? You still have responsibilities to take care after your job.

God forbid she has children. They would end up starving because she was just too tired when she got home.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:27 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,935,956 times
Quote:
Hi, new poster with an issue. Four months ago my girlfriend got a new puppy (Dachshund) and took care of it and played with it for awhile but has now neglected it and I am the only one taking care of it.

When she initially talked about getting a puppy I did say I'd she wants that is fine and I don't mind helping but as I am not that big a fan of dogs it would be primarily her responsibility. She said no problem and got one but after just a month she stopped taking it out or playing with it. She now just asks me to.

So now we have a puppy she won't play with and won't take care of what should I do?

Yeah.... caving in to a girlfriend's whims on something like a puppy is definitely an amateur's mistake.

This woman is clearly a pathetic person. However, the only thing dumber than staying together with someone who clearly has many other flaws, is actually getting an animal with a GIRLFRIEND.

Too many guys with no balls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships