Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2016, 06:27 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,024,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You didn't answer my question directly.

That is your prerogative of you giving people chances you weren't initially physically attracted to. My question is why do you and others need to scream at me because I don't do like you do?
Only if you whine about not being able to meet anyone. Don't go all "woe is me and my dating life stinks" if you keep trying the same thing and it doesn't work time and time again. If you do, yes, prepared to be "screamed" at... which is just more hyperbole on your part.

Oh, and I never said anything about "giving people chances", that is YOUR mindset and again a symptom on the problem.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:50 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,644,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadmike View Post
They are called True Forced Loneliness. The thing is usually these young men become successful later on in life. When they are usually around 30 years old to -35 years old they are successful. The reason for this is that these guy are usually well educated or have a good pay job. The women who rejected them all of a sudden want to date them because they want to get married. These women was having sex with the bad boys. After about a decade now they want a nice guy. But these nice guys don't want women anymore. They learned not to have a woman in their lives so they get used to it.

I know one guy although he did date other women. When he was young these women never wanted to give him any chance. In fact these women treated him poorly. But it's funny how that he's older and making good money these women contact him trying to date him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra0KtoYxmqI
The guy in the video posted goes on and on about how True Forced Loneliness is real and how because he's not attractive to women, not that he's not successful/has confidence, he should give up on dating.

I guess the 'forced' in TFL means his loneliness is forced upon him to be single? Well he's the one that stated there's no point of even dating since he knows the outcome won't be successful. So he's taking himself out of the game. I don't care for the phrase of it all. I don't think it makes any sense.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:55 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,644,294 times
I find it interesting how I do know of a number of single, athletic decent looking guys in this area. The attractive women that are single are generally in their college years, in their late 20s/30s putting their career above all else, or fall in the 'undesirable' category (overweight, children to divorced dad, etc)

Wherever I go it seems there is a whole lot of competition for a couple eligible attractive women seeking a relationship. So now I'm going to the gym where I can witness this again today lol

Old 05-12-2016, 07:22 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,208,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Only if you whine about not being able to meet anyone. Don't go all "woe is me and my dating life stinks" if you keep trying the same thing and it doesn't work time and time again. If you do, yes, prepared to be "screamed" at... which is just more hyperbole on your part.

Oh, and I never said anything about "giving people chances", that is YOUR mindset and again a symptom on the problem.
Well, not really singling out anyone, but I think a common thread among a lot of guys (And women) on this thread is a bad attitude and a continuing belief that they're being victimized or that the deck is stacked against them. You hear that in the "I'm not good looking enough" or some other ten yards of baloney. The other half of the equation is that many have a list of requirements as long as their arms yet, if they took an objective look at themselves, they don't live up to those standards themselves.

It's really easy if one is willing to summon the mental energy to look at oneself and change one's behaviors and attitudes to the entire enterprise. Just being reasonably positive to the world and the people around you is a huge first step. Nobody, and I mean nobody, likes being around a person who has a me vs. the world attitude. People like that don't realize what complete energy sucks they are.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:39 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,914,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes, indeed.

Look around you. See all the very, very average men walking hand-in-hand with women. Look within your own family. Note all the very average guys who are married. And there you go.
Yeah, but according to several of the posters who complain about their lack of dating prowess, these guys are with "rejects" so it doesn't count.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
And even if you do all that, that's still no guarantee of anything. I think that was the point he was trying to make, but I could be wrong.

There's definitely a lot of luck involved to get mutual attraction/interest, at least in my opinion and experience.
How many women do you have as strictly platonic friends that you value?

Old 05-12-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Or the only women who want us are women no one wants.
How many platonic women friends do you have that are good people?

Old 05-12-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Well if they aren't attracted to them you can't crucify them for that. Men I work with have said they would rather be alone if they couldn't be with a woman they were attractive to and now a few are old and alone. Being unlucky in dating doesn't mean a man should just be with a woman just to be with her. It's not fair to her and it will only make the man even more miserable.
How about you? How many women friends do you have that you can talk to and hang out with on a non-romantic level?

Old 05-12-2016, 07:51 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,786,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
How many platonic women friends do you have that are good people?
A lot. I may not date you but if you are a good person otherwise, I have no issue being just friends.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I was gonna ignore this thread but I truly believe Diss is a good guy just frustrated with dating and is stuck in a rut. I wanted to at least try to encourage him instead of putting him down like others are doing. I just wish people who had it easy with dating could be more sympathetic to people who don't share the same luck. Build them up you could change their life for the best with good words.
You assume all of us have always had it easy with dating. That's not necessarily true. Many of us have gone through struggles. The difference we had a relatively positive outlook, didn't blame women, and eventually figured things out to make it somewhat easier.

That still doesn't mean that most guys have the kinds of women they desire just falling into their laps, because they don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships