Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2016, 09:50 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,205,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
In all serious though I think it comes down to 3 things

1.) Lack of trying. Some guys completely take themselves out of the game so to speak. I made a thread like 2 years ago and maybe 80 percent of the males haven't talked to or asked out a female in at least a year

So I guess I disagree with this, whether male or female. I think by just living a fun and interesting life, you are about a zillion percent more likely to meet other fun and interesting people, including members of the opposite sex. It is hard to get all down on yourself because of "rejection" when you just never hit it off with anyone at your weekly ultimate Frisbee game. I am not saying don't go on OLD and don't "date", just don't make it the end-all, be-all of existence.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:07 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,207,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
So I guess I disagree with this, whether male or female. I think by just living a fun and interesting life, you are about a zillion percent more likely to meet other fun and interesting people, including members of the opposite sex. It is hard to get all down on yourself because of "rejection" when you just never hit it off with anyone at your weekly ultimate Frisbee game. I am not saying don't go on OLD and don't "date", just don't make it the end-all, be-all of existence.
Fun and interesting is completely subjective, I know plenty of guys I personally consider "boring" who are in relationships. The one common denominator is that they all pursued their current wife or Gf.

I'm just saying for the most part men have to be aggressive when it comes to dating. You can't sit back and just wait for them to come unless you bring something amazing to the table. You have to make a move, I think a lot of guys would be surprised the amount of females liked them in HS/college they just never opened their mouths.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:14 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,205,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Fun and interesting is completely subjective,
No ****! That's the POINT. So are people. So is dating. So is attraction. So is compatibility. And THAT is what is missing when gusy waft I just want a girl. Said girl can sense that it ISN'T subjectively about THEM/

Quote:
I know plenty of guys I personally consider "boring" who are in relationships. The one common denominator is that they all pursued their current wife or Gf.
That is interesting. My experience is the opposite. None of the people I know pursued. They met organically in the wild.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,024,941 times
Quote:
That is interesting. My experience is the opposite. None of the people I know pursued. They met organically in the wild.
Most guys I know pursued. I especially had to pursue 10000% in my 20s. I had to make everything happen, if I didn't I would have been a 25 yo virgin. A little less in my 30s, but still the vast majority of the time. 40s? Much nicer, women are far more outgoing toward me, and with OLD most of the people I've gotten together with wrote me first. It's nice.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:18 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,786,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Because attraction isn't all about looks.
I'm not interested in any debate with you, so I'm going to make my point and make it one time. Attraction may not be all about looks but looks are what get you into the door at all to even gain a chance to build an attraction. Exactly why Tinder exists.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:19 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,914,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
The fact that a lot of unimpressive people manage to get in relationships doesn't change the fact that others struggle with dating for whatever reasons.
"For whatever reasons" usually has to to with them and their issues, men or women. If you think something is wrong with everyone else, it's actually not them, it's you.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Dating has gotten harder for sure so I can see why some men have gotten frustrated. Some literally stop trying because who wants to be rejected all the time? Dating is supposed to be fun but it's not.

Dating has gotten harder? How do you know that? Were you dating 10 or 15 years ago?

Old 05-11-2016, 10:22 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,024,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm not interested in any debate with you, so I'm going to make my point and make it one time. Attraction may not be all about looks but looks are what get you into the door at all to even gain a chance to build an attraction. Exactly why Tinder exists.
It may, or may not, get you in the door. It's never been to my benefit for me, and I certainly can't use them to my advantage. I would never have even clicked on the profile of the person I was dating a year or so ago based on her pics, so don't speak for me, or the people I meet.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:23 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,446,603 times
Quote:
No ****! That's the POINT. So are people. So is dating. So is attraction. So is compatibility. And THAT is what is missing when gusy waft I just want a girl. Said girl can sense that it ISN'T subjectively about THEM/

I've always been the one to pursue in every relationship I've been in, and that's been the case with most guys I know.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I was toddler at that time but I'm 26 now and yes I have struggled with dating and meeting women in my life. With all these connections out there dating and meeting women should be easy, but it hasn't been.
These are your own limitations. One glaring one is that you can't even be attracted to a women if she shows overt interest in you first.

You are your own worst enemy. It's not "dating" that is hard. It is you that is the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.