Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 06:14 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times

Advertisements

get ready I am coming to buy the bed with ya
Edit: Speaking my wise I can sleep anywhere. Depend on your queen.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:10 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,015,449 times
Is this really a relationship related question? Having decent furniture should not be about bringing women home. Yes, you do not want children's furniture if/when you do... but you should also be getting something for you, not to impress a woman.

Your an adult now. Go get an adult bed, or better yet, an adult bedroom set. I would not run out and invest thousands brand new as a single, but get on your local craigslist and find a set that is in very good shape for a reasonable price. Get a new mattress. Your local mattress store will help you chose the type and softness of the bed which is comfortable for you. Remember, your new bed will feel more firm than the one you test out, as it will be new and the floor model has had X number of folks "testing" it.

Old 05-13-2016, 07:13 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,115,763 times
I dated a guy who had a twin mattress on the floor in his living room. And he had a coffee table and a 13 inch flat screen TV with over air antenna. All of his other possessions including his plates and silverware and clothes and everything else were in those plastic tubs stacked up in the closet. He had no other furniture. I asked how long he'd lived there in that 1 bedroom apartment and he said over a year.

Draw your own conclusions my friends!

Anyway I digress OP. Just go to Mattress Firm since there is literally one on every corner and buy yourself a mattress/box spring and it comes with a free frame. But don't stick with the twin bed cause truly it's not a good look for a bachelor who wants to impress a lady.

Old 05-13-2016, 08:36 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I like small beds - you have to lay close to each other.

Old 05-13-2016, 10:32 AM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Temperpedic. I'm addicted. Good pillows, nice sheets and comforter. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-13-2016, 11:04 AM

1,830 posts, read 2,152,122 times
I use to only have a twin bed. It was great because I wanted my women to come over but I didn't want them feeling comfortable enough to stay the night. It worked great for a while but then one of women I was with complained and bought me a queen sized bed.

Now that was a revelation. This bed is amazing. I no longer have a problem with some of my women staying the night from time to time.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:19 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I like small beds - you have to lay close to each other.
We had a twin for a few years too....

Had to put it against the wall (I slept on the wall side) so that I wouldn't fall off.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:35 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
LOL look at the bright side. a twin bed is good for cuddling.
This. People had twin beds in college and afterwards, until they got good jobs and could buy a better bed. It didn't hinder anything. For a long time, I had a 3/4 bed, halfway between a twin and a double, and it was fine. It didn't take up as much space as a double, not to mention a queen-size. Since you asked, OP, fwiw I also prefer no box spring, just putting the mattress on slats.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:57 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
LOL, when I first started seeing the Mr. he had a twin bed. With Kermit the Frog sheets. And a pile of clean laundry in lieu of a blanket. I think I fibbed about having "lady troubles" or something just to get out of there, and immediately went out and bought him some proper bedding.

Old 05-13-2016, 02:23 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,406,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinFlavor View Post
Assuming that he doesnt live with his parents, but he is renting or living with a roommate, how would you feel? I'm currently in this situation. I just recently bought an apartment after living with parents for many years. I still have my twin bed lol and now I'm looking for decent a queen bed, but overwhelmed by the options

Dont know if I should go with the cheaper option with wood slates/steel frame and mattress, or get a frame, box spring and mattress.

If you guys have queen beds, what would you recommend, full box spring set or the ones with wood slates or steel frame where you dont need a box spring, you just put the matress on the frame
Cheap little bed today, big 401K tomorrow.

It's all about priorities.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships