Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 02:31 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,679,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Would you rather have a fit guy or an unfit guy? A guy shorter than you or taller than you? A guy with a full head of hair or balding?
Did ya not read what I stated??

Though I never dated heavy guys, it did not mean they had perfect bodies, maybe nice chests, arms - but not "built". They were also not tall, anywhere from 5' 6", to 6' 0". I recall a couple being maybe 5' 3" - (I am 5' 4") and didn't care - being attractive to me, nice lips, sweet, funny, warm.... that is MY criteria.

The last boyfriend of several years had no hair on top, but was a good-looking guy - and his voice... well see, that can be enticing to a woman.. he totally turned me on. OH, and he was not well-off, but intelligent.. we had mutual interests and he regularly made me laugh (like my dad would). It is about an energy that one exhibits and mutual compatibility..that is attraction.

(Regular men must be connecting with regular women, from the looks of things...but from reading these topics, you would wonder).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 03:06 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,679,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No, "the top 20% of men" were the topic of discussion for attraction.

I'm not sure who decided "the top 20%" was determined by the physical only, but that's (part of) why the argument was flawed...heck, damaged beyond all repair from the get-go.

Oh! I see. I mistook your NFL lineman comment. I thought you were saying that was an athletic body (and technically, it is...it's the body of an NFL lineman).

But anyway...so this is why your dating is extremely limited? Because women only look at the physical, ergo there are NO overweight or otherwise non physically perfect men out there who have SOs? Go walking down the street in any busy city and tell me that's true, then get back to us with your assertions about how your dating is limited because you don't have a V-shaped body, with the intimation, naturally, that women ONLY look at the physical.

ALL of this reasoning is flawed, LOL. From the "top 20%" assertion to the "if you don't have a V-shaped body plus four other markers, no woman will date you" ridiculousness. (I mean guys. Really??? LOOK. AROUND. YOU. Sweet cheeses!) Oh geez-whilikers. Just...flawed and so so wrong as far as practical, everyday real-life relationships are concerned.
Right..I have mentioned to look around in public... the market, the mall, restaurants, anywhere.. then tell us who you see. I have also said, I guess men wonder where all those young women in commercials and such are...just not out in public that day? Since I have been reading these threads, I will see regular couples on a show like HGTV's House Hunting shows and jokingly say "But wait.. she's not hot... oh, but he's not so hot, either"... or one or the other will be better looking.. then I will watch how they interact and see the dynamic between them. People are together for so many varied reasons, but it is amazing how much of a focus depicting otherwise, exists here.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:39 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,771,805 times
Anyone who doesn't think physical matters and everyone can attract someone, I've been on Tinder 4 months. Not ONE single like I've gotten, not ONE.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:00 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,007,908 times
Tinder is a hook up site, its all about looks and good photos, no shock there, its all about the shallow. Put up better photos.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:02 AM

26,701 posts, read 41,771,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Tinder is a hook up site, its all about looks and good photos, no shock there, its all about the shallow. Put up better photos.
The main photo I have there is me in my suit one the way to a job interview with my hair cut right and a smile (God I hate smiling). How can I put up a better photo than that?!

Old 07-13-2016, 08:05 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,539,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The main photo I have there is me in my suit one the way to a job interview with my hair cut right and a smile (God I hate smiling). How can I put up a better photo than that?!
Granted they don't know you from Adam, but a fake smile is obvious nevertheless mate

A more natural smile shines through and is much more apparent

Old 07-13-2016, 08:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,007,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Easily. That's the worst type of photo one could have for a place like Tinder which is all about being casual and fun. I might mix in a suit photo on a dating site to show I can dress up nicely, but never on tinder. Even then (for the dating site) I've been told it might not be a good idea and definitely don't have it as a main photo. It makes people look stuffy and serious, and the photos should be like "I'm a fun dude to hang with" even well into one's 40s or 50s. People want to have fun. That's doubly true for tinder.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:30 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,912,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Did ya not read what I stated??

Though I never dated heavy guys, it did not mean they had perfect bodies, maybe nice chests, arms - but not "built". They were also not tall, anywhere from 5' 6", to 6' 0". I recall a couple being maybe 5' 3" - (I am 5' 4") and didn't care - being attractive to me, nice lips, sweet, funny, warm.... that is MY criteria.

The last boyfriend of several years had no hair on top, but was a good-looking guy - and his voice... well see, that can be enticing to a woman.. he totally turned me on. OH, and he was not well-off, but intelligent.. we had mutual interests and he regularly made me laugh (like my dad would). It is about an energy that one exhibits and mutual compatibility..that is attraction.

(Regular men must be connecting with regular women, from the looks of things...but from reading these topics, you would wonder).
Apparently you did not read what I have been posting. Please go back and read what I have been writing about other attributes being important also.

MOST women will go for taller than them over shorter than them. MOST women will go for hair vs. bald. MOST women will go for lean over fat.

But thanks for the answer that you don't prefer a guy is taller than you vs a guy who is shorter than you by several inches, has hair vs balding, and is lean vs. fat.

You would be the exception though.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:32 AM

This thread is a perfect example of why guys should never take dating advice from women.

Old 07-13-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Well, I was always drawn to nice-looking, average height and build, dark-haired men -
Oh, you mean you DO have physical preferences- not shorter than you, not fat, and good looking facial features.

Hmm...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships