Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 10:25 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen12 View Post
I don't act obsessive.

Maybe you all think I need counseling but there's a whole side to this you're not seeing. I tell you these things because I DON'T say it to anyone else, this is my only way to release my actual feelings and kind of get a grip on what to think. I don't go around freaking out all day and talking about how worried I am. I have a full time job, I work 40 hours a week I don't really have time to worry about it during the day.
This goes back to you being dishonest yet again. You do in fact get very obsessive. You in fact do *not* get a grip on what to think and feel. And you do in fact spent way too much time freaking out about what essentially are nonstarters. Your previous threads documents this very well.

Quote:
I hope everyone understands what I'm talking about. When the relationship shifts gears, it was once something and now it's another, whether it's good or bad is that always cause for concern? Cause like I said I haven't received the normal messages I'm used to from him for 2 days and that could mean things have changed but it might not necessarily be a bad thing?
I've never slept with a guy on the first date, this was our third.. And I didn't want him to see me as a hookup, it was just as much him as it was me and he wanted to talk about how I felt before anything ever happened. He respected me and asked if I wanted to wait so I didn't think it was a terrible decision
What do you think about the situation?
What relationship? You're not in a relationship with anybody. You're just getting started on getting to know someone. And you being YOU is what going to get this one done in before a real relationship forms.

You have way too many hangups that needs to be dealt with. GET THE THERAPY

Old 05-23-2016, 10:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
So if she would've had sex they would've just thought she was a "ho" all the way then?
If she hadn't played games, possibly, no, they would not have thought she was ho. If she hadn't flat out lied that she wasn't going to do it in some parody of retroactive virginity, then asked to do it, then demanded the pull-out because good gosh NO, she SURE wasn't going to do it, then finished them off, it absolutely would have come off as a different act, different motives, and instead would have included honesty, so yes, it likely (and she likely) would have come off very, very differently.

This is simple stuff, really.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:01 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:

Technically the guys who have been dbags that I've been stuck on were dbags from the beginning and I just chose to accept it. They were upfront, said they were looking for sex and I went with it because I had no other option.
No.

The last guy asked you to be his girlfriend, you said no and asked to be FBs.

Therapy. Therapy. Therapy. And please stop asking us "What do you guys think?" because we've already told you, many many times. Why do you keep asking the same question? The answer is going to be the same answer.

Old 05-24-2016, 09:49 AM

73 posts, read 51,081 times
Well I'm now freaking out because he hasn't texted texted me yet this morning and it's the longest he's done without talking to me when he wakes up.... He asked me 2 questions in a row last night before I'm assuming he went to bed which was around 8:30pm. It's almost 11am and I've heard nothing

Old 05-24-2016, 09:52 AM

953 posts, read 843,067 times
Quote:
Well I'm now freaking out because he hasn't texted texted me yet this morning and it's the longest he's done without talking to me when he wakes up.... He asked me 2 questions in a row last night before I'm assuming he went to bed which was around 8:30pm. It's almost 11am and I've heard nothing
Have mercy! Please give yourself (and C-D members) a rest before nervous exhaustion sets in.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:05 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
The answers have already been given.

Go back and read, and you will (hopefully) see why we are frustrated with your lack of self-awareness:

Did he end things or am I overreacting?

Beyond confused please help!

Text Anxiety

Tricky Situation, Need Help

Do you see ANY patterns and repeated behaviors?? Common themes?

Old 05-24-2016, 10:07 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
Quote:
Technically the guys who have been dbags that I've been stuck on were dbags from the beginning and I just chose to accept it. They were upfront, said they were looking for sex and I went with it because I had no other option.
There is always another option. For example, choosing not to tie your sense of self-worth to the temporary presence of some jerk in your life or your bed.

Last edited by CapsChick; 05-24-2016 at 11:01 AM..

Old 05-24-2016, 12:01 PM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,863 times
Quote:
May I ask how old are you?

You are overthinking it. How do you know he's not working? Maybe he left his phone at home. Maybe he was in a meeting. Where is the rule that says you have to speak to him every day? You're not in a relationship with him yet. You need to chill before you scare the guy away.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:29 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Imean eventually, they can't all be the same.
In your case, yes. This is because you are attracted to guys who don't treat you well.

Where is your dad?

Old 05-24-2016, 07:11 PM

73 posts, read 51,081 times
He texted me and apologized, work had been crazy. I was freaking out for nothing, which is something I tend to do.
Just wish I could freak out less and know when I actually have a reason to be worried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships