Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 09:29 PM

820 posts, read 972,689 times

Advertisements

A very close friend of mine and I both really liked each other (although I wasn't sure if she liked me), and I finally got up the courage to ask her out. And she said yes. We are going to keep our relationship a secret from our mutual friends until we become comfortable enough to tell them. We talked a lot more after she said yes to going out with me, going back to our normal conversation (nice weather today, etc.). The conversation ended a little while later. She was at a holiday party tonight and texted me asking how miniature golfing was (we go mini golfing with 3 mutual friends every Friday night, but she wasn't there tonight) and said that she just texted me because she wanted to talk to me. We are going to plan our date tomorrow since she is at that party tonight. So, knowing that she really likes me, does anyone have answers to these following questions:
-Should we go out during the day or at night?
-What should we do for our first date? We both love hiking. Should we do that or go out for dinner instead or for coffee?
-What should I wear on the date? (I know it depends on the occasion, but let's just say for dinner because I obviously know I'd wear hiking clothes to hike.)
-I am free tomorrow night and so is she, but will I seem disinterested if I arrange the date for next week instead so that I have more time to prepare?
Those are all my questions. And please nobody say don't do this because I know we like each other, and we discussed it openly and honestly. I did not ask her out until I was absolutely sure that she liked me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2016, 09:33 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Why do you need to prepare? You need to just go on the date, not overthink, and you really should be able to figure out all the answers to these questions yourself.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:35 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Don't overthink it. Ask her what she would like to do, then dress appropriately for the occasion. Set up the date asap otherwise you'll be a nervous wreck by next week. Good luck!

Old 05-27-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Why do you need to prepare? You need to just go on the date, not overthink, and you really should be able to figure out all the answers to these questions yourself.
It's not that I can't figure them out myself, but what's wrong with wanting a little help from you guys? It is a pretty big thing.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnetman View Post
It's not that I can't figure them out myself, but what's wrong with wanting a little help from you guys? It is a pretty big thing.
You don't need help with this. Give yourself more credit. You should know what day of the week, time of day, attire and activity to do without having to ask for feedback from strangers.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You don't need help with this. Give yourself more credit. You should know what day of the week, time of day, attire and activity to do without having to ask for feedback from strangers.
I understand. I recognize the name, and you have been very helpful. But since this is a friend I'm taking out who really likes me, I just want to make everything perfect. But that is a compliment anyway.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnetman View Post
I understand. I recognize the name, and you have been very helpful. But since this is a friend I'm taking out who really likes me, I just want to make everything perfect. But that is a compliment anyway.
Don't aim for perfect. Aim for having a good time and getting to know each other better.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:55 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Is this your first date ever, OP?

Old 05-27-2016, 10:08 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Go to dinner and movie (new X men movie)

Wear casual clothes, jeans with nice collared shirt.

Make sure you shave and have nice haircut (no monkey neck). Deodorant is a must, but NO cologne.

Do NOT fiddle around with your smart phone during the date. If you can't pay attention to someone during a date without engrossing yourself in a phone, something's wrong. Put that ish away.

Keep the conversations light hearted and humorous. Last thing you want is to get all heavy and lovey dovey right off the bat. Don't continually express your love to her, in fact don't even mention it. Don't talk about your emotional baggages, your faults, etc. Girls don't want to hear that 'woe is me' nonsense, despite some guys thinking that such 'brutal honesty' makes girls fall in love with you (it doesn't). Keep the focus on HER during discussions.

Don't be overeager in fawning over her or making too many plans for future dates.

End the date with a kiss on the LIPS.

Old 05-27-2016, 10:19 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Go to dinner and movie (new X men movie)

Wear casual clothes, jeans with nice collared shirt.

Make sure you shave and have nice haircut (no monkey neck). Deodorant is a must, but NO cologne.

Do NOT fiddle around with your smart phone during the date. If you can't pay attention to someone during a date without engrossing yourself in a phone, something's wrong. Put that ish away.

Keep the conversations light hearted and humorous. Last thing you want is to get all heavy and lovey dovey right off the bat. Don't continually express your love to her, in fact don't even mention it. Don't talk about your emotional baggages, your faults, etc. Girls don't want to hear that 'woe is me' nonsense, despite some guys thinking that such 'brutal honesty' makes girls fall in love with you (it doesn't). Keep the focus on HER during discussions.

Don't be overeager in fawning over her or making too many plans for future dates.

End the date with a kiss on the LIPS.
The background music that played in my head as I read this post...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4TYv2PhG89A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships