Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 12:15 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
When you're a smaller and healthier you tend to lead with that confidence. When you're out of shape you mentally are down on yourself and you feel less valuable. Once you lose weight and start noticing that people are checking you out more, it's going to increase your confidence. You automatically have something more to offer, which is your ability to look good, even if everything else remained the same from when you were heavier.
I would agree with this. I still don't have men checking me out, but I am definitely much happier and feel more confident at my current weight than I did a year and 30 lbs ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Not to be whiny about it but I feel a little sorry for the people being tricked by phony profiles, even if it is in the name of research. I mean OLD is hard enough for some people. Throw in outright lying and trickery on top of fudging of stats and high school yearbook photos and seriously...I'd probably just get a cat.
At the urging of a friend, I briefly tried an experiment where I changed my age from 41 to 38 but it didn't make a difference. I felt guilty about it and changed it back after a couple of days.

I've also considered changing my location to see if I'd have better luck somewhere else. It's a heckuva lot cheaper than moving! I don't currently have any active profiles though. I deleted them in January at the urging of the same friend who hated seeing how demoralizing it was for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships