Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 07:58 PM

3 posts, read 1,555 times

Advertisements

I have this friend who I've known for roughly 2 years. When I first met her, I thought she might be dating material. I asked her out but she said she didn't have time for a relationship and wanted to remain friends. We did.

Fast forward two years. Roughly ten people have told me in the last two months that this girl likes me. When we are both at the same events, she has a tendency to follow me around. She has hours and hours worth of work to do one night, but she still came out and saw me for a while when I invited her (and others) out. A mutual female friend of ours noticed she plays with her hair when around me (apparently that means something). She does go out of her way to see me and texts me where I am every so often.

The question is, is this just someone who is a friend or does she now like me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 08:02 PM

61,740 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Geeeez... how childish! Just ask her out!

Old 06-15-2016, 08:29 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,803,986 times
Why not just ask her if she likes you for more than friends?

Old 06-15-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Geeeez... how childish! Just ask her out!
And why be like that? These things are not always that obvious and I'm 57 and still wonder about the same things sometimes.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:07 PM

3 posts, read 1,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Why not just ask her if she likes you for more than friends?
I'm leaning in that direction.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:12 PM

Not obvious? They are talking, texting, and are friends. So why not ask out to lunch or cup of coffee, and go from there? How difficult is that?

Old 06-15-2016, 09:33 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,420,416 times
She is ready to date you...ask her out for drinks...not dinner.

Old 06-16-2016, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Not obvious? They are talking, texting, and are friends. So why not ask out to lunch or cup of coffee, and go from there? How difficult is that?
Ok, here's why. I'm in a situation where I have a male friend and I find him very attractive but for one thing: he keeps talking about his ex so I don't really think he's over it. We talk, text, and we're friends but if he asked me out right now it could get awkward really quick, esp since I just started dating someone else. If he were to approach me and tell me he likes me and ask how I feel about dating, I'd have an opportunity to tell him what my concerns are about him and of course I'd need to tell him I just started dating someone, a thing I keep not mentioning to him for some reason and probably because I think he's attracted to me too--not 100% positive though! I'd rather have the conversation than have to stumble over why we can't go on a date right now.

Old 06-16-2016, 07:20 AM

29,521 posts, read 22,668,047 times
This sure sounds awfully familiar.

Why do people continue to ask this question when the resolution is so simple.

What's so hard about asking a girl directly or asking her out on a serious date.

Continuing to guess and ask strangers on a forum does nothing.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This sure sounds awfully familiar.

Why do people continue to ask this question when the resolution is so simple.

What's so hard about asking a girl directly or asking her out on a serious date.

Continuing to guess and ask strangers on a forum does nothing.
Nowadays people seem to have more social anxieties, and self esteem problems.
I think media has a big part in that. Suddenly people feel not adequate anymore, rely on texting, over-analyze every movement, every word, look for red flags, constantly try to compare themselves with others, are insecure, are unable to make simple decisions, and forgot how to communicate. Add to that lack of common sense and you have disaster in dating...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships