Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2017, 11:44 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Tonight I am as I had to take the old man to hospital so as he's staying overnight I'm going to stay in with my mum so she's not alone on NYE. ( wouldn't leave her alone or would I be in the mood anyway regardless of the date )

It's only one year I've stayed in but naturally family comes first.

He will be fine and out tmrw hopefully but it does cap off a crap year all round and I've never looked forward to a new year like I am now
This is awful I wrote this on NYE on another thread..... I know I mentioned yesterday about our bond on this chat thread but this is scary it's all coming at the same time

Don'tH8me/RBCCL..... Im always with you my loves now more than ever

My dad is fine now though but was a scare to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 03:01 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I'm in a near-constant state of shallow breathing and tightness in my chest,

I feel like I'm subconsciously induced to hold my breath, and then when I feel like I'm going to pass out I remember to take deeper breaths.

Anyone have any tips to quell this, aside from drinking alcohol? I really want to rest and restore, quick, my next semester starts in about two weeks.

There are CDs for relaxation and deep breathing.

Bless you and your family in this difficult time.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:00 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So sorry for your loss, Chow. I am soothed by the thought that you and Sea have each other to lean on at this time of loss.
This has been a dreadful last week or so for me too, but my dad is still fighting, for which I'm grateful. He was taken to hospital, went in with an ambulance on NYE, had two procedures, started bleeding from his femoral artery afterwards, they also found a blood clot in his leg and sent him home late Tuesday night. Thursday night, called 911 and they took him in again. Like RbccL's dad, my dad has had a gajillion stents put in (okay, just 7 or so).
I'm in a near-constant state of shallow breathing and tightness in my chest, since my ex fil who was born in the same month and year as my dad just passed away last Friday. The thought of losing my dad now, when I'm in such a 'spread out' state, is just seeping into every moment I'm awake. I slept like four hours and went for a walk before dawn, tried to go back to sleep and my mom called with the news he was back in, and so back to the mental grind for me.

Praying that this year be better for everyone than last year, which I ushered in (2016) in another emergency room with my daughter, severely dehydrated with norovirus. What was the name of that movie - Waiting To Exhale? That's it - I feel like I'm subconsciously induced to hold my breath, and then when I feel like I'm going to pass out I remember to take deeper breaths.

Anyone have any tips to quell this, aside from drinking alcohol? I really want to rest and restore, quick, my next semester starts in about two weeks.
Sorry to hear this

As George suggested there are relaxation cds and apps that might help
Yoga is really good for breathing too.

Quote:
This is awful I wrote this on NYE on another thread..... I know I mentioned yesterday about our bond on this chat thread but this is scary it's all coming at the same time

and sorry to hear this! Glad he is okay now

I hope 2017 improves for everyone ...

Old 01-07-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Sorry to hear this

As George suggested there are relaxation cds and apps that might help
Yoga is really good for breathing too.

and sorry to hear this! Glad he is okay now

I hope 2017 improves for everyone ...
Cheers Hun ... Yeah couldn't agree more

Old 01-08-2017, 01:08 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:

That was sweet, thanks!
I visited with my dad today and invited my daughter. She gave him her number, I didn't know they sometimes text

Old 01-08-2017, 02:31 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That was sweet, thanks!
I visited with my dad today and invited my daughter. She gave him her number, I didn't know they sometimes text
Glad to hear you visited him. I still wake up every morning thinking I need to call the hospital to get the latest update about my dad......

Old 01-08-2017, 04:22 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,019 times
Quote:
Praying that this year be better for everyone than last year...
I too acquired the impression '16 was bad for a good number of people. I hope '17 will be better for all.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:30 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Glad to hear you visited him. I still wake up every morning thinking I need to call the hospital to get the latest update about my dad......
That feeling can take a while to "get over". My mom has been gone for three years, and while I don't feel the need to call the ALF, I still see or hear things that would make my mom chuckle, and my first thought is to call and tell her.

I hope you have good memories to carry with you.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That was sweet, thanks!
You're welcome

Awwww that's great you visited him and your daughter is in contact with him

George..... Amen to that mate!

Old 01-08-2017, 04:52 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
That feeling can take a while to "get over". My mom has been gone for three years, and while I don't feel the need to call the ALF, I still see or hear things that would make my mom chuckle, and my first thought is to call and tell her.

I hope you have good memories to carry with you.
Yeah, I still do that sometimes with my mom. I still think she's living in her little apartment across town and that I could just go visit.

IDK, like a lot of people have dealt with, I had a strained relationship with my dad at times. My mom is a whole other can of worms that I can probably dedicate a few pages to, but whatever, the past is the past at this point. My mom's been gone since 2006. My dad and I were just completely polar opposite in how we viewed the world and I probably wouldn't choose him as a friend, if that makes any sense. He, like all of us, have our faults, I just found his faults to be glaring and hard to overcome at times. Like I posted before, we've had a lot of deaths in our family the last few years, all around Christmas and new years. Mrs. Chow's dad passed couple of years ago, one of her brothers passed the year before, my stepmother, my dads wife passed a couple of years ago. My dad just now. IDK, I've been speaking at so many funerals lately I practically have a comedy routine from all the practice and material.

IDK, of all the deaths this one hit me the hardest. I think it was because to me it was totally out of the blue, I thought he was on the upswing and when I got the call I was just really taken back.

I guess that's how the proverbial cookie crumbles, IDK... it just seems surreal to me, but I suppose that's normal on some level. Who knows......

Last edited by Chowhound; 01-08-2017 at 05:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships