Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2016, 03:51 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've taken a few tests online and they all sorta put me in the middle with a slight left lean but IDK.... I find myself tending to agree with more conservative values at times. IDK.. sort of a dichotomy in a way. Getting mixed messages and.

I like to say that I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I think that really spells it out in a lot of ways. Do what ya like in the bedroom but leave my wallet alone.
Socially liberal and fiscally conservative is how I would describe myself too. I'm not extremely fiscally conservative, but I am for the MOST Part. I would say I'm extremely socially liberal, aside from my stance on guns, which I guess is considered a social issue? I'm big into the second amendment, although I don't own any guns.

I took one of these tests recently and it said I agree with Trump more than any of the candidates.

That was even before the field cleared out to just Hillary and Trump, so I guess it wasn't that recent ago. It was back in May or so. I think Cruz and Rubio were still in it, as was Bernie for the Dems. My best friend took one at the same time and he got Cruz. My fiance took one and got Bernie Sanders. She threatened to make me sleep on the couch or shack up with my friend in the spare bedroom haha. I can't stand Trump and am still not sure how I got him after taking that test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 10:04 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
I started my classes this week. It's going to be a looooong semester.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:35 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post

Good luck. What are you studying?

It's going to be a beautiful day here in the mountains.

Had a great view from the patio last night….looked like a rolling fire coming in. The picture did not do it justice I think I need a better camera or I need to take lessons, lol.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
Good luck. What are you studying?

It's going to be a beautiful day here in the mountains.

Had a great view from the patio last night….looked like a rolling fire coming in. The picture did not do it justice I think I need a better camera or I need to take lessons, lol.
Beautiful! It reminds me a little of some of our views of the Black Hills.

I just started work on my masters in accounting. I'm part time, so it will take a few years. However, I can't quit my job since my company is paying for it.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:24 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Good luck, Beagle Lady!

My phone died a couple days ago. Well, it didn't die, it just stopped being able to make and receive calls and texts, which is kind of problematic. I was on one of those cheapo pay-as-you-go services, and customer service was responsive but not at all helpful (a lot of "did you trying turning it off and then back on?" Yes. Yes I did.) So now I went to a big carrier and have a new phone that costs more, but at least I can go harass someone if the thing goes haywire.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:50 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Beautiful! It reminds me a little of some of our views of the Black Hills.

I just started work on my masters in accounting. I'm part time, so it will take a few years. However, I can't quit my job since my company is paying for it.
One of my employers did a full tuition reimbursement but you had to get a certain GPA and also had to agree to stay with the company for X amount of years. Works out well for people. There might have been some tax issues such as you're taxable income shower a high rate. Can't remember all of the details.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:39 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Quote:
Good luck!

My final semester starts Monday.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:37 PM

Thanks! This is my first experience with online classes. I was nervous but so far it's working out well.

Chow, my employer has an annual limit for what they will reimburse. It works out to four classes a year for me, which is really all I can do anyway. I will have to check, but I believe it's only taxable after a certain amount. For undergrad classes, you have to get a C for full reimbursement (used to be an A), and for grad classes you have to get a B. You also have to work for the company for two years or pay it back. I've worked for a couple other companies in the past that offered reimbursement, but there was no way I would have committed myself to working for them.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Good luck!

My final semester starts Monday.
Good luck to you as well!

Old 08-26-2016, 09:15 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Nothing scrams Friday and day off like a good rain.

It looks like it has cleared off. Off to play mechanic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships