Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2021, 01:06 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I made a decision. Did what I didn’t want to do. Now I have to dust myself off and move on.

I’ve been moved at work, too, so tomorrow I get to go back to the building to where I swore I’d never go back. It looks like finding another job will be another priority, if I’m going to take care of me first.
Change can be hard! Wishing you the best in your next steps. You got this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 01:43 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I made a decision. Did what I didn’t want to do. Now I have to dust myself off and move on.

I’ve been moved at work, too, so tomorrow I get to go back to the building to where I swore I’d never go back. It looks like finding another job will be another priority, if I’m going to take care of me first.
I hope the job thing goes well. I work in the HVAC business and there a million different roles. When I was 48 I made a job change, still in the same industry but a different enough role. I think changing companies but doing the same function is a bit easier but even doing that can be stressful enough. Then you factor in the age thing like you mentioned and the stress levels can rise for sure.

Best of luck to you.

Old 10-03-2021, 02:20 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Thanks, all, for the well-wishes.

Old 10-03-2021, 06:47 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
I made the mistake of driving past Mile High Stadium right after the Broncos game today. Uffda. I should have run the gauntlet around the west side. Still made decent time.

Old 10-03-2021, 08:00 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,182,495 times
I’m just noticing this chat thread! I didn’t even know this was here.

Old 10-04-2021, 04:53 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,108,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_Guest View Post
I’m just noticing this chat thread! I didn’t even know this was here.
I can be gone for months at a time, but when I come back to this site, THIS is the thread to go to first.

Old 10-04-2021, 09:12 AM

I’m so glad fall is here. This is my favorite season. I’m going make some plans to visit the mountains soon. I’m trying to think of some activities to do while I’m there. I want to find a cabin with a fire pit, hot tub, wood-burning fireplace.

I’m ready for Thanksgiving.

Kind of random, but I’d like to visit a cigar bar. I’ve never smoked one, but I’d like to try.

Old 10-04-2021, 09:25 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
I’m so glad fall is here. This is my favorite season. I’m going make some plans to visit the mountains soon. I’m trying to think of some activities to do while I’m there. I want to find a cabin with a fire pit, hot tub, wood-burning fireplace.

Kind of random, but I’d like to visit a cigar bar. I’ve never smoked one, but I’d like to try.
Cohibas (Cuban, not Dominican) are the way to go - I had one at a private party many years ago. I've had a few different other cigars since then, but none compare. It's way different from a cigarette. It's so...flavorful?

I don't smoke anymore, though, it's been probably 15 years or so. I lost count.

Old 10-04-2021, 09:47 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Quote:

We got a "cabin" that was more of a luxury home with some rustic looking wood accents really, for our wedding, up in Idaho Springs. Did have a hot tub right by a cool fast flowing mountain creek (that they called a "river" but I think that's overstating the situation.)

There was an outdoor fire pit thing, but we couldn't use it because even though it rained the whole time, the area was under fire restrictions, which is so often the case in the Rocky Mountains that I just don't count on being able to have a fire anywhere. And it's like...eh...I love sitting around a fire with my loved ones, but ya know, those wildfires have been so brutal that I can't be too fussed about being told "no."

Anyways. VRBO is where we found our spot. Same property is on AirB&B, too.

I'm getting settled into my new home here in AZ. It's been a week since I made my final trip down from CO, and tomorrow it will have been a week since our stuff arrived, and I've already unpacked all of "my" boxes and I'm just figuring out where everything needs to go and hanging stuff on walls and such now.

Father in law gets to go home from the short term nursing facility on Wednesday. We're working at making plans on how that's all going to work, with my husband mostly over there taking care of him. We are thinking/hoping that it will be enough for him to be there most of every day and that his Dad can be left alone at night. He is able to get around with the use of a walker, and he's got a wheelchair, too. We'll see...

Old 10-04-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Cohibas (Cuban, not Dominican) are the way to go - I had one at a private party many years ago. I've had a few different other cigars since then, but none compare. It's way different from a cigarette. It's so...flavorful?

I don't smoke anymore, though, it's been probably 15 years or so. I lost count.
Yeah, I’ve never been a smoker. I just want to try a cigar bar. Seems fun and kind of sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
We got a "cabin" that was more of a luxury home with some rustic looking wood accents really, for our wedding, up in Idaho Springs. Did have a hot tub right by a cool fast flowing mountain creek (that they called a "river" but I think that's overstating the situation.)

There was an outdoor fire pit thing, but we couldn't use it because even though it rained the whole time, the area was under fire restrictions, which is so often the case in the Rocky Mountains that I just don't count on being able to have a fire anywhere. And it's like...eh...I love sitting around a fire with my loved ones, but ya know, those wildfires have been so brutal that I can't be too fussed about being told "no."

Anyways. VRBO is where we found our spot. Same property is on AirB&B, too.
Sounds absolutely lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Father in law gets to go home from the short term nursing facility on Wednesday. We're working at making plans on how that's all going to work, with my husband mostly over there taking care of him. We are thinking/hoping that it will be enough for him to be there most of every day and that his Dad can be left alone at night. He is able to get around with the use of a walker, and he's got a wheelchair, too. We'll see...
Wishing you all the best. Dealing with aging loved ones can be challenging. My folks have gotten up there in age, and I’ve been thinking about how things will work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships