Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2016, 08:03 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I have never had a flu shot either. When I start feeling as though something is coming on (as far as a cold or flu), I take Emergen-C. The right stores stock several flavors. I mix raspberry in a Coke & like it. OTC cold meds tend to feel like battery acid in my stomach.
The flavors look pretty good, lol.

Do you ever get that zinc aftertaste with that? I take Cold-Eeze sometimes, and I hate that metallic-y taste that lasts for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I thought I had the flu, maybe it was hypothermia. Had to dig my car out of its igloo at work and forgot my hat. I quit shaking hours later finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I never get a flu shot, no matter how much pressure, and I don't remember the last time I got the flu.

I resort to drugs though: Bronkaid and Aftrin. Shoots me right out of bed.
Very tired and 'meh' lately, I'm considering trying them for recreational use.
...not really

Hope you feel better!
I'm going to look into that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 08:08 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Anyone want to buy a stadium?

BRAND NEW STADIUM FOR SALE!

I always said they built that stadium with the hopes of attracting a professional team.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:23 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Anyone want to buy a stadium?

BRAND NEW STADIUM FOR SALE!

I always said they built that stadium with the hopes of attracting a professional team.
Ya. That's why South Dakota can't have a professional team, Minnesota would want one then, too

I am at this very moment on the MN/WI border. Thinking of switching over to Packer-land...too bad about their politics though...

Old 12-18-2016, 08:33 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Thanks Sea! I hope to be better for Christmas! Plus I have a few things to do. Loading up on cold/flu medicine. Seems to help with Motrin/Tylenol.

I got a damn flu shot too.😔
The flu shot might be what made you sick. It's why I stopped getting flu shots over six years ago. (I too work at a school and they do not compel me to get one thankfully.)

I hadn't been sick for several years until late October and ended up getting whatever was going around, and then I was sick for almost a month. My next door neighbor gave me a remedy I hadn't ever tried and by week four I was like, wtf do I have to lose? I did it and was completely well the next morning.

If you're interested let me know. Nothing freaky, nothing illicit - just stuff you can find at any grocery store.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I hadn't been sick for several years until late October and ended up getting whatever was going around, and then I was sick for almost a month. My next door neighbor gave me a remedy I hadn't ever tried and by week four I was like, wtf do I have to lose? I did it and was completely well the next morning.

If you're interested let me know. Nothing freaky, nothing illicit - just stuff you can find at any grocery store.
lol When I was a kid, I got something that completely laid me out. My dad's relatives convinced my mom, who was desperate at that point, to put tomato slices on my feet and wrap them up with plastic wrap and then socks. The next morning, my fever had completely broken. Not sure if coincidence or not. People use potatoes the same way.

lol

Old 12-19-2016, 02:28 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
lol When I was a kid, I got something that completely laid me out. My dad's relatives convinced my mom, who was desperate at that point, to put tomato slices on my feet and wrap them up with plastic wrap and then socks. The next morning, my fever had completely broken. Not sure if coincidence or not. People use potatoes the same way.

lol
Just drink 3 potatoes= a bottle of vodka.....

Old 12-19-2016, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Just drink 3 potatoes= a bottle of vodka.....
Doin' it right now. The good carbs. lol

Old 12-19-2016, 02:45 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I've had a fever since Sat.morning.......it effen sucks..... plus side I'm not eating.....
Get well quickly, Rae...

I take 1000mg of vitamin C daily. I drink artesian spring water from here...

Old 12-19-2016, 03:10 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Gonna do up some mac and cheese. Haven't had it in a long long time. Found some super simple recipe, throw the **** in a dish and put in the oven.

About as easy as it gets, hopefully it tastes good.

Easy Mac And Cheese Recipe - Food.com

Last edited by Chowhound; 12-19-2016 at 04:01 PM..

Old 12-19-2016, 05:02 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
[quote=SeaOfGrass;46548982]The flavors look pretty good, lol.

Do you ever get that zinc aftertaste with that? I take Cold-Eeze sometimes, and I hate that metallic-y taste that lasts for a while.
[\QUOTE]

I have never noticed a zinc aftertaste. Yep, they have many flavors at the right stores (as I mentioned before), and there are two different sizes of boxes as well. If big boxes are available, I buy them.

Apparently, the quote button isn't working for my account. * sigh *
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships