Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2017, 04:45 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
OMG I show up late today and it's troll city.

I'm pretty sure it was one person, though. One really pitiful person.
I thought that was the purpose of having to have a certain number of posts, or being a member for a particular amount of time, before we could start a thread ...so as to discourage the trolls?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 05:16 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
There you go making sense.

Two auto parts stores later and I still don't have everything I need to fix my pickup. Now I'll need to wait until Monday. How annoying.

Old 07-29-2017, 07:20 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Let's make up our own terms s then, I'm cat-herder looking for a Robert, but burning thru the Jason's to find one.
I'll be Sushi-Lady looking for a great Peter, but burning through the wee Willy's to find one.

Hope Raena joins the group, there is strength in numbers and all. We want to help her find who she's seeking so she stops tossing her pearls before the bozos.

It worked for Sweden and Rance! Meeting true love on CD forums, I mean.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:03 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,870,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I'll be Sushi-Lady looking for a great Peter, but burning through the wee Willy's to find one.

Hope Raena joins the group, there is strength in numbers and all. We want to help her find who she's seeking so she stops tossing her pearls before the bozos.

It worked for Sweden and Rance! Meeting true love on CD forums, I mean.
Tossing her pearls before the bozos is fine, after we get her a rickshaw pulling pancake lion. Toss, toss- Wink, wink.

No more sea monkeys.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:11 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,326,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I am absolutely meant to be single. All I attract are jerks.

So tired of this shyt.
No, you were meant to be taken and happy. Avoid the jerks and you'll feel less tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I'm almost 40 and still can't recognize the right one.

My picker is so broken .

Thanks for the kind words though.

Take a break for now, rest, then regroup. Also, think broadly. Be both receptive and critical to ideas.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:25 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
There you go making sense.

Two auto parts stores later and I still don't have everything I need to fix my pickup. Now I'll need to wait until Monday. How annoying.
What do you got wrong with it?

405k on my 7.3 now! Just changed the oil and rotated the tires last week. Fuel filters in 5k more miles for my next oil change! Just took it 114 miles today.

Sadly, the clock is ticking on the bed. The 25 year old stahl body (bed is from a 92 and the truck is a 97) is continuing it's progression towards rotting out. I'd be surprised if it has more than 3 years left. I said 5 years to go and it's been 2 years now, so I'm still pretty confident it's only got 3 more years left. It might not be completely rotten in 3 years, but it will be ridiculous looking to drive around with it like that. So I'll have to think about a bed replacement for it or a new truck by then. I'm hoping to keep around $10k in cash hidden away for a new (used) 7.3 or 6.0 if I can get a good deal, just in case.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
What do you got wrong with it?

405k on my 7.3 now! Just changed the oil and rotated the tires last week. Fuel filters in 5k more miles for my next oil change! Just took it 114 miles today.

Sadly, the clock is ticking on the bed. The 25 year old stahl body (bed is from a 92 and the truck is a 97) is continuing it's progression towards rotting out. I'd be surprised if it has more than 3 years left. I said 5 years to go and it's been 2 years now, so I'm still pretty confident it's only got 3 more years left. It might not be completely rotten in 3 years, but it will be ridiculous looking to drive around with it like that. So I'll have to think about a bed replacement for it or a new truck by then. I'm hoping to keep around $10k in cash hidden away for a new (used) 7.3 or 6.0 if I can get a good deal, just in case.
Sounds like carrier bearing on the drive shaft. So, while it's off the pickup, I'll replace the u joints. Sounds be good for another 200,000 miles.

I would build a good flatbed. But I have two welders and a saw. 400 on your 97! Wow! That is awesome. Keep thinking about selling my car for something fun. I've been missing my old lincoln lately.

Old 07-29-2017, 08:44 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Sounds like carrier bearing on the drive shaft. So, while it's off the pickup, I'll replace the u joints. Sounds be good for another 200,000 miles.

I would build a good flatbed. But I have two welders and a saw. 400 on your 97! Wow! That is awesome. Keep thinking about selling my car for something fun. I've been missing my old lincoln lately.
Mine isn't a daily driver, so 405K is fine with me! My cousin is the original owner and I'm the second. I think it had 296K when I bought it from him in July of 2008. I've already driven it from Jersey to California and California back out to Florida when I moved around a few years back.

The carrier bearing has been replaced on this before, not too long before he sold it to me. I've already replaced the U joints on here as well, which were the second. When my cousin had it, the driveshaft fell off while he was driving it, when the U joints went the first time.:eek Think it was close to home and he was able to get it to his driveway.

What kind of car you got that you're looking to sell?

Old 07-29-2017, 09:01 PM

Toyota solara. It was my commuter car, but now I have a company truck.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
No, you were meant to be taken and happy. Avoid the jerks and you'll feel less tired.

Take a break for now, rest, then regroup. Also, think broadly. Be both receptive and critical to ideas.
Yeah I'll try.....
Think broadly?
Receptive and critical to ideas? Ideas to what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships