Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2019, 07:21 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times

Advertisements

Just got back from the first first date I’ve enjoyed in a while. The woman is very attractive and I didn’t do too bad as far as being nervous. Crossing my fingers for a second date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 08:14 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,869,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Just got back from the first first date I’ve enjoyed in a while. The woman is very attractive and I didn’t do too bad as far as being nervous. Crossing my fingers for a second date.
Aw! That’s great to read. 😉 Don’t just cross your fingers though, ask her if she has plans this weekend?

Old 04-24-2019, 08:23 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,564,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Aw! That’s great to read. 😉 Don’t just cross your fingers though, ask her if she has plans this weekend?
Great idea! (And wishing you much luck, Diss!)

Old 04-25-2019, 02:04 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited to graduate.....I smile and say yes. But honestly, not really. Mainly because jobs are such a pain in the ass to find....I don't think I made the best choice with my degree, and I would've been better off going for something I really loved. I feel like I'm going to end up in the same position I was in before I started school but with a crap ton of debt......

Sigh....this is so depressing.

Old 04-25-2019, 03:41 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited to graduate.....I smile and say yes. But honestly, not really. Mainly because jobs are such a pain in the ass to find....I don't think I made the best choice with my degree, and I would've been better off going for something I really loved. I feel like I'm going to end up in the same position I was in before I started school but with a crap ton of debt......

Sigh....this is so depressing.
Yeah, tough spot to be in.

You'd be surprised how many people end up working in fields that aren't totally related to their degrees. I would just work to get a job in or as near to your degree as you can and get a few years experience. That is the key for young people, just trying to get some time in and that starts to add to your resume.

I'm working in a field that is not what I went to school for. Things can come up and opportunities can appear and you can get something related to or at least you can see a logical connection to your degree. Sometimes you can end up in something where there is no way you could draw a direct line to what you went to school for.

It happens all the time.

Old 04-25-2019, 05:56 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Aw! That’s great to read. �� Don’t just cross your fingers though, ask her if she has plans this weekend?
Did just that, but a second date isn’t happening. But with my employment situation not weighing me down any longer, my confidence is back, so I am gonna keep pounding and get back into DC’s dating pool.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:23 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,349,706 times
Quote:
Did just that, but a second date isn’t happening. But with my employment situation not weighing me down any longer, my confidence is back, so I am gonna keep pounding and get back into DC’s dating pool.
That's tough news, but a good response on your part. Hang in.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Sorry. But good for you! If you didn’t ask, you’d never know. So having a better attitude adds to resilience, too. Maybe you’ll start having fun in the experiences

Old 04-26-2019, 08:42 PM

I found a friend on bumble! This is the best invention ever! And we tried the New Mexican place across the street, and I’ve never laughed so hard in a long time. I feel like this is the best time in my life, I think we have to go through years (decades?) of crap to appreciate the little things. 🌻

Old 04-26-2019, 10:06 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,438,836 times
Quote:
I found a friend on bumble! This is the best invention ever! And we tried the New Mexican place across the street, and I’ve never laughed so hard in a long time. I feel like this is the best time in my life, I think we have to go through years (decades?) of crap to appreciate the little things. 🌻
Aw, I'm so glad to read this! Encouraging even. Hope things take of with your new friend. They will be lucky to have you for a friend too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships