Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2021, 10:59 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We told Mrs. Chow's mom to never buy anything or give out her credit card to someone on the phone and to second guess anyone from a company she doesn't recognize and to call us right away.

Too many old people get scammed.

There's a handful of things that just grind my gears. While it's not rape or murder, people scamming old folks and scam artist in general really gets my ire up. Again, I know in grand scheme it's low level crimes, but it enrages me disproportionally all the same.
I know, me too.

I think that a huge part of my anger is that in order to succeed, they target those most vulnerable. The elderly. College students who are just learning how to get by in the world. Poor, desperate, and disabled. They get lonely people on dating sites. They just look for any area where someone might be soft and go for blood. It's evil, and heartless.

They are truly among the worst in society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2021, 06:33 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
I would suggest people spay or neuter their Jeeps. Lest they multiply. There are now two Grand Cherokees in my driveway. My new work car showed up. At the rate I put miles on it, I will have it until I retire.

Hopefully that will change soon and I will start logging more miles.

Old 10-19-2021, 10:15 AM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
We don’t have many full size SUV’s here. Perhaps you could send one of yours over to mate with our Tundra?

Old 10-19-2021, 10:21 AM

4,088 posts, read 2,565,786 times
If you're looking to re-home any Jeep offspring to a place where it would be loved, washed, and waxed on the reg, let me know! (Just kidding, of course, but the idea of cars multiplying like feral cats, single socks, or wire hangers is a rather appealing one.)

Old 10-19-2021, 11:03 AM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I would suggest people spay or neuter their Jeeps. Lest they multiply. There are now two Grand Cherokees in my driveway. My new work car showed up. At the rate I put miles on it, I will have it until I retire.

I've had the Challenger since mid June and I think I've only put on about 1k on is so far. I've been working from home so much the last few months and haven't had a chance to go on any real road trips yet. We're going to an out of town wedding this coming Friday. Sort of a mini road trip I guess.

Old 10-20-2021, 12:37 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
We don’t have many full size SUV’s here. Perhaps you could send one of yours over to mate with our Tundra?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
If you're looking to re-home any Jeep offspring to a place where it would be loved, washed, and waxed on the reg, let me know! (Just kidding, of course, but the idea of cars multiplying like feral cats, single socks, or wire hangers is a rather appealing one.)
Quote:
I've had the Challenger since mid June and I think I've only put on about 1k on is so far. I've been working from home so much the last few months and haven't had a chance to go on any real road trips yet. We're going to an out of town wedding this coming Friday. Sort of a mini road trip I guess.
My Jeeps have given birth to these little babies...

https://www.google.com/search?q=imag...client=gws-wiz

Old 10-20-2021, 01:16 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
My Jeeps have given birth to these little babies...

https://www.google.com/search?q=imag...client=gws-wiz
I owned one of these when I lived abroad. The suspension was wild - you could sit in the car and make it lean side to side as you moved your body.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citroën_2CV

Old 10-20-2021, 04:01 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I owned one of these when I lived abroad. The suspension was wild - you could sit in the car and make it lean side to side as you moved your body.

I think i saw a few of those Citroen when we lived in & traveled around Europe. There were many small, narrow streets, so a small car was ideal.
For three years we lived in Ben Franklin Village, by Mannheim, Germany. It was between Frankfurt & Heidelberg. We had much fun over there.

The Eibsee Hotel area is very beautiful. One of our favorite areas to visit.
https://www.google.com/search?q=eibs...client=gws-wiz

Old 10-20-2021, 01:44 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

Odd little car. I notice that some Europeans in some ways really don't seem to have the same views on cars as we do here in America, large generalization but some merit I think.

We seem to be more about big and status than some of them, Germans excluded, obviously, some of the best built and impressive cars on the planet come from those people.

Old 10-20-2021, 03:54 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Odd little car. I notice that some Europeans in some ways really don't seem to have the same views on cars as we do here in America, large generalization but some merit I think.

We seem to be more about big and status than some of them, Germans excluded, obviously, some of the best built and impressive cars on the planet come from those people.
The thing to keep in mind is the scope of nation-building. Most of the infrastructure we have for automobile transportation here in the US has been designed and built after the advent of the automobile.

Throughout Europe, many major cities, especially the downtown areas, were established even thousands of years ago. I laugh when an American says they want to rent a Hummer or a Chevy Suburban for when they travel in Europe. Those cars can't fit on some of the narrower streets, and good luck finding somewhere to park your tank.

If you've ever watched the 80s flick "Oxford Blues" with Rob Lowe, a very distinctive scene comes to mind where he is driving his American sports car that he had shipped over there - ouch (it gets wedged in between two walls).

That whole "when in Rome" saying applies here. Everything in Europe is scaled smaller than for the US - apartments, appliances, meal portions, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships