Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 07:32 PM

52,338 posts, read 52,791,864 times

Advertisements

I've been buff, I've been fat and everything in between. From everything I've heard and seen online and in real life, most women just prefer a man who's fit, not necessarily yoked out. Mrs. Chow actually gets repulsed by guys that are super muscular, the bodybuilder types. Since I've been off work and been enjoy a little too much vino I've packed on too much weight, at this point I would like to just be at a decent weight for my height, I'd like to lift just enough to still look like a man, but not some gym rat. I think that guys that are really buff look sorta silly to me, especially those dudes that are 5'6" and wide as house from lifting too much, looks goofy as hell to me, but whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2016, 07:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,318,233 times
Is this one of those "I'm alpha and you're not" type of threads?

Old 06-18-2016, 09:09 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,208,438 times
Preach. Body building forums are filled with guys who look like the rock who masturbate every Saturday night

Old 06-18-2016, 10:02 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,040,593 times
My wife finds nerdy/dorky to be sexy. That does not conjure up images of chiseled guys... (although I am not out of shape either but am in no way someone who lives at the gym)

Old 06-18-2016, 10:07 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,916,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Preach. Body building forums are filled with guys who look like the rock who masturbate every Saturday night
Ahahahahahahahaha!

Old 06-18-2016, 10:34 PM

11,165 posts, read 7,988,370 times
I am not into muscles on muscles. I like toned fit men for the most part.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:35 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,605,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
My portfolio disagrees

Dude you live in Hawaii. You don't count. Vag just flies over there and just about falls out of the sky ready to be plucked.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,916,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Dude you live in Hawaii. You don't count. Vag just flies over there and just about falls out of the sky ready to be plucked.
Vag just falls on him? They must all be unstable or their equilibriam is off.....

Old 06-19-2016, 02:01 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,783,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
They get shipped to him in crates.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:07 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,058,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
I love going to the gym, and I also eat healthy. But I don't do this only because I want to look good (though I still enjoy looking good like everybody else, so of course I also care about that to a degree as well). But I can tell that lots of men go to the gym ONLY because they think it will get them laid.

But here's the thing these dudes don't seem to understand: Having a good body only matters if you ALSO have other traits as well that are also considered hot. The way I see it, there are basically 3 big things that matter most to women when it comes to men (not counting personality of course): Height, fitness level, and face. I am of the view that in order for a man to have a shot at being considered hot he needs to have AT LEAST 2 OF THOSE THINGS. So if you want to get buff in order to be hot to women you also need to either:

A) Be tall.
B) Have a pretty face.

If you don't have at least either A or B, being buff will make no difference. You still won't be considered hot.

Unless I am missing something here why would men waste their time at the gym to get buff if they aren't either tall or have pretty faces, unless they are merely doing it only for themselves (which is perfectly fine by the way, but probably not the reason most of them are there)?
Absolutely true, although it can be situational.

If you are in exceptionally good shape and use OLD, you can do much better. I have a friend that is short and not particularly good-looking, but he is in insanely good shape (does fitness competitions). He uses Tinder and only has pictures of his body. He has no written profile. He gets TONS of dates, more than anyone I've ever met.

But, when you're at that level and put the kind of work in that he does, it's really not worth it unless you really like working out. If you're just "in good shape", it won't help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships