Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2016, 10:02 AM

50 posts, read 55,088 times

Advertisements

I went on a first date with this very nice girl last last Monday (6/27) and had a fantastic time and a great conversation. Took her out to a very nice place to eat. We both had to work the next day so did not have time to do anything else, such as go to a movie. We kept in touch with each other and went on a second date yesterday (7/2) and I took her out to eat, then went bowling and afterwards went to eat ice cream. Second date was amazing! Had a fun time bowling and during bowling, we touched each other for a few seconds, like she would put her hands on my back after I did good, and I would do the same for her. After our date ended I asked her when she would be free and she said this coming Tuesday after work would be good. We hugged each other and kissed each other on the cheek, but not actually kissed.

I need ideas for a third date. Any suggestions?

So far I've noticed two things when we have gone out. When I'm eating, she looks at me at the way I eat and cut my food with the fork and knive. I have table excellent manners, so found that a bit odd. Also, we keep in touch with a dating app and not through text or phone call. Should I give her my phone number or wait? Afraid that the dating app could crash and she could not get a hold of me that way, and we would lose touch.

We are both in our early 30's and we seem to be having a great time so far. We both have great careers, great sense of humor, like the same things, so I have a great feeling. In the past I would worry too much about what a girl thought of me and I would try to rush things, so I am wanting to take it slow with this girl.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2016, 10:12 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangroush View Post
I went on a first date with this very nice girl last last Monday (6/27) and had a fantastic time and a great conversation. Took her out to a very nice place to eat. We both had to work the next day so did not have time to do anything else, such as go to a movie. We kept in touch with each other and went on a second date yesterday (7/2) and I took her out to eat, then went bowling and afterwards went to eat ice cream. Second date was amazing! Had a fun time bowling and during bowling, we touched each other for a few seconds, like she would put her hands on my back after I did good, and I would do the same for her. After our date ended I asked her when she would be free and she said this coming Tuesday after work would be good. We hugged each other and kissed each other on the cheek, but not actually kissed.

I need ideas for a third date. Any suggestions?

So far I've noticed two things when we have gone out. When I'm eating, she looks at me at the way I eat and cut my food with the fork and knive. I have table excellent manners, so found that a bit odd. Also, we keep in touch with a dating app and not through text or phone call. Should I give her my phone number or wait? Afraid that the dating app could crash and she could not get a hold of me that way, and we would lose touch.

We are both in our early 30's and we seem to be having a great time so far. We both have great careers, great sense of humor, like the same things, so I have a great feeling. In the past I would worry too much about what a girl thought of me and I would try to rush things, so I am wanting to take it slow with this girl.
Does she not drink? Perhaps a night out on the town.... Pub/bar then a meal etc basically make a night of it

Or has she mentioned she has any interests? If so I'd try and incorporate something that she likes doing into a date ..... If you know what I mean mate?

Can't believe you haven't got each other's numbers already?..... But either way things sound good so just carry on and I'm sure it will be fine...

Ps her watching you eat may be her being careful or having table etiquette and not judging yours .... So don't look into that too much OK

Old 07-03-2016, 10:13 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
I might suggest a place to eat (I know, redundant) then a walk in the park, holding hands, talking and knowing each other better. Let her do the majority of the talking, to get an idea of where it's all going.

From one fellow Roush fan to another! ;-)

Old 07-03-2016, 10:34 AM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
A museum date? Or art-gallery-hopping? It depends on your and her interests, and what your town has to offer. Either of those could be followed by a walk in the park, a good suggestion by Rick, above. Or after museum/gallery/whatever, a walk in the park with a game of Frisbee. Or bike-riding and a picnic.

OP, you sound like you've never dated, and have trouble coming up with ideas. What gives?

Old 07-03-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A museum date? Or art-gallery-hopping? It depends on your and her interests, and what your town has to offer. Either of those could be followed by a walk in the park, a good suggestion by Rick, above. Or after museum/gallery/whatever, a walk in the park with a game of Frisbee. Or bike-riding and a picnic.

OP, you sound like you've never dated, and have trouble coming up with ideas. What gives?
He's said he used to over worry about what women thought of him in the past Ruth..... So he seems to just want to continue in making a good impression

Old 07-03-2016, 10:47 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Congratulations on your two successful dates! Good start!
Now, you re in your 30's and you ask US what to do on third date? What about the following dates? Do you need a manual or guidance?
Just see what is available in your area, and don't forget to ask your lady what she would like to do. It's summer - do outdoor stuff like hiking, biking, swimming, boating... following by maybe BBQ at your place or park, etc.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:52 AM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
He's said he used to over worry about what women thought of him in the past Ruth..... So he seems to just want to continue in making a good impression
He needs to be himself. Trying hard to make a good impression wears out and it's tiring on the long run.
She needs to know him the way he is, not the way he pretends to appear.
As for rushing - OP needs to follow his gut feeling and cues from the girl. Never rush anything. Adjust his pace to her pace...and don't listen to his hormones..

Old 07-03-2016, 10:59 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Netflixing and chilling is always a good idea, whether its on the first or third date.

Old 07-03-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
He needs to be himself. Trying hard to make a good impression wears out and it's tiring on the long run.
Of course I agree el

I know if you keep trying to impress and put up a superficial front then it will wear off and he will be stuck, but in fairness he's not hired a luxury yacht or a helicopter.... Basically gone overboard and it's only because he's clearly not confident or sure of himself and he is just over worrying ( I know he says he " used to over worry " but this thread proves he still does ..... )

There's nothing wrong though with pushing the boat out for any lady especially when you first start dating my love as you know, but yes if he is indeed putting up a front and not acting normal then it won't end well

Old 07-03-2016, 04:00 PM

50 posts, read 55,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
As for rushing - OP needs to follow his gut feeling and cues from the girl. Never rush anything. Adjust his pace to her pace...and don't listen to his hormones..

Thank you for the advice, elnina.

As far as not listening to my hormones, don't worry. I'm a good guy and not after sex, even though she's super attractive. Wanting a relationship, love. Sorry if that makes me sound like unlike most guys. Haha. I've had sex without passion and it's the worst feeling ever. I want to love someone, so I want to take it slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships