Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 02:23 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,367,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Mate can you clarify please when you mentioned Netflix and chill was that sex or actually watching Netflix and chilling?
Well, it starts off as watching movies. The main objective is getting to know each other better, and I personally, don't know a better way to do so, but in the privacy of ones place - one on one. Of course, there's a lot of trust and openness involved, but I haven't had much of an issue with women not trusting me, vise versa.

Maybe, its because I'm old skewl and don't date online, but rather in real life; I believe there might be a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2016, 02:29 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,378,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Well, it starts off as watching movies. The main objective is getting to know each other better, and I personally, don't know a better way to do so, but in the privacy of ones place - one on one. Of course, there's a lot of trust and openness involved, but I haven't had much of an issue with women not trusting me, vise versa.

Maybe, its because I'm old skewl and don't date online, but rather in real life; I believe there might be a difference.
I've had these dates. I think these can be very fun, and a good way to get to know each other in a very casual and laid back way. It worked well with online dating, too.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:32 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,545,599 times
Quote:

Ahhhh I see

I knew it was about sex but I thought the Netflix part was a funny code for just " having it off " on the sofa

But a nice cuddle up and especially watching a horror gets the juices flowing

Old 07-04-2016, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I've had these dates. I think these can be very fun, and a good way to get to know each other in a very casual and laid back way. It worked well with online dating, too.
See this is refreshing both what you and HC said

It seems many people don't and won't trust a relative " stranger " into their home and go to theirs. Which I kind of get but the whole point of dating is getting to know one another and again like you both said what better way..... If you're comfortable with them then why not? .

But yeah I've obviously ended up back and someone's house after a date but I've very rarely actually had many arranged nights in " chilling " dates would you believe lol.

It's also ideal for all the tight sods that watch the pennies and bemoan/worry about " who's paying , will she pay half , will a walk in the park suffice "......

I mean how much would a bottle of wine, pizza and m&ms cost?!

( as he picks up the phone )

Can't rep you two again

Old 07-04-2016, 08:42 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,530,061 times
Quote:
And why not? Because it isn't a way to date? according to who? is there some standard operating procedure when it comes to dating?

Ive had women throughout my dating years 'insist' on staying in, making a meal and watching Netflix. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

It amazes me that people cant figure out what to do when it comes to dating. I mean, whats next.... coming on here to ask what to do on the fourth, fifth, 8th date? c'mon people, Lol.
Netflix & Chill - or what we Gen Xers used to say, "You want to come over and watch a movie?" - is not really a first date, though. If it is, that's a hookup or FWB. Otherwise, it's a 2nd or 3rd date plan.

Old 07-04-2016, 08:52 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,734,019 times
Quote:
And why not? Because it isn't a way to date? according to who? is there some standard operating procedure when it comes to dating?

Ive had women throughout my dating years 'insist' on staying in, making a meal and watching Netflix. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

It amazes me that people cant figure out what to do when it comes to dating. I mean, whats next.... coming on here to ask what to do on the fourth, fifth, 8th date? c'mon people, Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I'm with you on that. And the no sex on the first, second or third date? Bahahaha. And if there was honest to goodness chemistry, it started with a kiss, but that was after having built a rapport and developed a sense of the person.

My husband and I kissed at the beginning of our first date. Like when we hugged.

I agree with the both of you.

A lot of folks need to calm down when it comes to staying "home and chillin" type dates. If they don't want to do that, that's fine but no ONE person sets the standard for a "date." You date your way and they can date theirs.

Folks don't always have to spend money, go to a fancy shmancy restaurant, to a movie, etc. just to show a person how much they like them. I HATE that kind of mindset. People should do what makes them feel comfortable.

Sex isn't always the main objective when two people want to spend time together at home.

Geez. Some people need to lighten up.

Old 07-04-2016, 09:58 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,959,670 times
Do something in the city you've always wanted to do but haven't gotten around to doing it.

Everyone is too worried about getting laid and not worried enough about just enjoying time out with someone new.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:31 AM

50 posts, read 55,225 times
Update.

Our latest date (5th was last night) and went to eat and then movies. We had a wonderful time and during the movie we held each other and kissed. Sweet moment. Told her I've been wanting to kiss her since our second date and she smiled. Said she is feeling like she's getting to know me better. It felt amazing when we held each other, even though it was at the movie theater and not the most comfortable place.

Now I want to spend a bit more time with her and go out more. We are both busy with work, gym, other things but we need to find time to see each other!

Old 07-16-2016, 11:50 AM

29,528 posts, read 22,718,437 times
Good update.

Balance your outside life (work, gym, etc.) with seeing her.

Don't be too needy and keep it simple, no need to impress her anymore with fancy dinners and dates.

Old 07-16-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangroush View Post
Update.

Our latest date (5th was last night) and went to eat and then movies. We had a wonderful time and during the movie we held each other and kissed. Sweet moment. Told her I've been wanting to kiss her since our second date and she smiled. Said she is feeling like she's getting to know me better. It felt amazing when we held each other, even though it was at the movie theater and not the most comfortable place.

Now I want to spend a bit more time with her and go out more. We are both busy with work, gym, other things but we need to find time to see each other!
Great update

Quite surprised you said you wanted to kiss her from the second date and not from when you first met ( more romantic LOL ) but you got away with it so keep going
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships