Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 11:23 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole812 View Post
But my concern is more about should we have reached that point already? Is there something wrong with the fact that we have moved slow with our "official" title?
Because his roommate is fb official with his girl he's known for 2 weeks if even that, and if that's normal then does it mean there's something wrong? It was just weird knowing they're already official barely knowing each other and we aren't.
What, exactly, is an "official" relationship? What does it change? Why does it have to be announced on Facebook? Does your guy know that he is supposed to declare this official title?

Most importantly, what does YOUR Facebook say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 11:24 AM

29 posts, read 15,597 times
My Facebook doesn't show my relationship status.. I felt like he would bring it up eventually.
His shows and says single.
I know he's changed it before with an ex because I saw it from a couple years ago

Old 07-12-2016, 11:26 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
You are looking around at all kinds of things to get validation that he cares about you.

Does he even know that? Does he know this matters to you? Do his efforts and actions not mean enough?

Old 07-12-2016, 11:27 AM

In answer to your original question- It is not important at all.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:51 PM

I just feel so lucky to even have him in the first place and I don't want to lose him... Even on days when he's tired I worry about losing him and when he doesn't talk as much (which is rare) I worry that something has happened and he's leaving me when in reality I have no logical reason to think that... I just freak out at the slightest bit of change and I wish I knew how to be more secure in myself because it's not his fault I feel that way.... I know everyone has off days and I wish I didn't freak out at the slighest change in behavior...i know things happen and things can't be perfect 24/7. I don't know how to not worry.

Old 07-13-2016, 01:59 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole812 View Post

I worry ...

I worry ...

I just freak out at the slightest bit of change

I wish I knew how to be more secure in myself

I wish I didn't freak out at the slighest change in behavior

I don't know how to not worry.
Start with this:

Reflected Sense of Self Versus Solid Sense of Self | Lorna Hecht

You want to have a solid sense of self, NOT a reflected sense of self.

http://crucible4points.com/simplebra...ghtData/9.html

Old 07-25-2016, 05:03 PM

A little update for those still interested:

Everything has been absolutely wonderful. He took my to a barbecue this weekend with his friends, we went out on the river, went bowling, etc. That was just this weekend, we've been doing things like that all the time. He looks out for me, pays for everything when we go out, and we either hang out with his friends or mine. I'm starting to join their inner circle (his friends wives included) they all love me and I have become close to his friends as well. He's had his first official dinner with my parents, and I even have a key to his house now. It's the spare key but he wanted me to hold onto it.

I'm basically his girlfriend. I'm with him all the time, his friends know me, my friends know him...hes still in the process of meeting a lot of mine as they live far away and he is such a great sport about it. He takes an interest in them and they like him more than anybody I've ever been with. My best friend was dumbfounded about how well he knew me and could read me.
He does simple things to show me he cares.
He's never bought me roses, or gifts yet but he will do things he knows I'll appreciate.. Like pick up something I need from the store, cooks breakfast for me, this weekend he made me a drink to help me feel better before we went to the barbecue because I got sick in the night.

He's such a great person and I feel so lucky to have him around.

I know I've mentioned this before..but yesterday his best friend asked in front of all of us if we're dating yet and he said no...which has happened before but that was with the roommate... This was in front of everyone: his friends, their wives...the closest people to him.

In a couple weeks it will be 3 months that we have been "together" this way. I talked to one of his other best friends in private about this and he told me not to worry. He's said that he's never seen my guy bring around any girl besides me. He told me to relax and not worry, and he thinks the conversation/question is gonna come up in time, but not to rush it. He said he's only ever known my guy as single, he hasn't been with someone in a long time but he never knew him when he ever had a girlfriend, so it could be a number of reasons. That's just what the guy friend said.
His wife on the other hand said that personally she would be upset and have the conversation with him about defining what we are and knowing if I'm his girlfriend or not.

I think I believe his best guy friend. I can't imagine it not coming up soon but at the same time I wish I knew WHY it was taking so long, but I guess that's a question to ask when we have the conversation.

I know that he is a genuine person and that what we have is real, but I'm on both sides of how I feel. With every other boyfriend I've had (they were all horrible people) they snatched me up quick and it was official within the first month or so.
I keep thinking maybe it's a sign things will last once we are official, but I don't know what would change from what we are now, to what would be besides the title.
I wish he would ask, but should I just not worry and be patient?
A lot of people have labels quickly these days so that's probably why I feel the need to hurry.

He always says "we" in conversation with everyone we're around.. We do everything as a couple, there's no hiding anything, no other people we're seeing on the side, etc.

Could someone help me decode maybe what might be going on or why it would take 3 months to be his girlfriend? We're still in month 2 as of the next couple weeks.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:12 PM

If a guy answers "No" when asked if the two of you are dating, this is a big red flag that things are not going to last.

The other red flag is the fact that you cannot ask him the simple question of why he gave that answer when asked.

I doubt things are going to go very well in the future between the two of you.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:12 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
I didn't notice you mention anything about being physical/romantic with each other.
Are the two of you just acting like good friends?

Old 07-26-2016, 06:32 AM

No..... It's a romantic relationship
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships