Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 03:09 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,014,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
I call that fairly regular, and I really don't think it's unusual.
Your experience is different than mine then.

But it is interesting to see the "packed" trailheads around here. The biggest lots accommodate about 40 cars and most are a lot smaller. So, no, I don't think that most people in the Puget Sound area are going hiking, or otherwise "out and about" in the wilderness on anything close to a regular basis. But, you know, it's something that the "environmentalists" in Seattle love to say. They "love the outdoors" but most never leave the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 01:54 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 618719 View Post
It seems like everyone's favorite thing to do when writing an online dating profile is talk about how they love to travel and show pictures of it.... and it is a major easy topic of discussion on a first date.

So... here's my hangup with that. I've traveled. A lot... I do it for work. I've been to 5 continents, ~30 countries, and left the US well over 100 times. I've seen a lot of the world.

And, I'm sick of traveling. But it seems so taboo to say that. When someone asks me where my favorite place to go is, I want to blurt out "my couch."

I feel like I can't admit this though. Like I'd be instantly banished from the entire dating universe. Is this a huge no-no, a major turnoff, to say that I don't enjoy traveling? Of course, I'd like to just be my honest self, but I feel like I'd get stared at like I have 2 heads or something.
Mmmmmmm, sort of like me. As a military brat and ex Navy, I've been as far east as Tehran (when the Shah was in power), as far west as New Delhi, as far north as Paris (on land)/ London (in the air), and as far south as Mindanao. I have been in self imposed exile in Texas, however, for the past 15 years and as things go, Texas is a nice place to be in exile.

If someone were to ask me my favorite place to go, I would tell them some place in Texas.

So I say to you, tell them someplace that is "local" to you.

Finally, just a curious tidbit. Got a rare email back on Match today from someone who lives about an hour away, says they love to travel. What did they say?

That we live too far apart.

Go figure.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:04 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
Pretty sure she was referring to leisure travel, not business.
I'm pretty sure she was not referring to *leisure travel* since her statement was a direct reference to
international business travel but *once you get there*<----- her statement.
However, whatever you believe must be true....

Old 07-06-2016, 06:07 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Finally, just a curious tidbit. Got a rare email back on Match today from someone who lives about an hour away, says they love to travel. What did they say?

Go figure.
What is there to figure. It makes perfect sense.

Old 07-06-2016, 06:36 AM

733 posts, read 603,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Mmmmmmm, sort of like me. As a military brat and ex Navy, I've been as far east as Tehran (when the Shah was in power), as far west as New Delhi, as far north as Paris (on land)/ London (in the air), and as far south as Mindanao. I have been in self imposed exile in Texas, however, for the past 15 years and as things go, Texas is a nice place to be in exile.

If someone were to ask me my favorite place to go, I would tell them some place in Texas.

So I say to you, tell them someplace that is "local" to you.

Go figure.
My favorite place is College Station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships