Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 09:30 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,529,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allhopelost View Post
I dont care whether or not she is a virgin. Love and sex are two different concepts. You can love someone without having sex. You can have a "first love" without ever having sex with them.

It is about the exchanging of emotions and life experiences that makes me resent dating a woman with a past
No sex?..... How about a girls crush on a teacher or a boy band member....... Would you hold that against them as well mate?

Sounds a bit silly doesn't it?

Old 07-07-2016, 09:30 AM

31 posts, read 17,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
How many names/posts are your going to create on the same topic? The responses won't change.

This is just one: http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-fact-she.html

I think there was another, but I'm not willing to search it out.

Find a girl that has never dated or been in any other relationship. Perhaps one that is thinking about a convent.
Imagine tho I seek a girl who has never had her first love. Then she finds out that if she had been in love before, I wouldnt of given her a chance. How would that make her feel?

Loving a girl based on her never having a first love and holding criteria against her is not right either. I wouldnt be loving her for HER.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:31 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:

It is about the exchanging of emotions and life experiences that makes me resent dating a woman with a past
Are you just jealous of a woman's romantic past, or would you be jealous that she, say, went to Paris without you, has a lifelong best friend that isn't you, etc.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:31 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,594 times
Quote:
I dont care whether or not she is a virgin. Love and sex are two different concepts. You can love someone without having sex. You can have a "first love" without ever having sex with them.

Life experiences???

You are ONLY 22! If you think you've had life experiences now, just wait a couple of years. I'm of the firm belief that you change more from the age of 21-30 than at any other time in your life.

You haven't even begun the journey. Get out of here and go start finding new experiences instead of lamenting the ones you think you have missed (you really haven't, btw).

Old 07-07-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
No sex?..... How about a girls crush on a teacher or a boy band member....... Would you hold that against them as well mate?

Sounds a bit silly doesn't it?
I am talking about a girl who has been emotionally involved with a boy when she was younger. To where they were boyfriend/girlfriend and exchanging intense puppy love. To where they were close emotionally.

That is what I am taking about

Old 07-07-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I am talking about a girl who has been emotionally involved with a boy when she was younger. To where they were boyfriend/girlfriend and exchanging intense puppy love. To where they were close emotionally.

That is what I am taking about
Same thing in effect as its a very silly thing to get worked up about.

Think of it this way do you know anyone else man or woman that would worry about what you're worring about?

Old 07-07-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
Life experiences???

You are ONLY 22! If you think you've had life experiences now, just wait a couple of years. I'm of the firm belief that you change more from the age of 21-30 than at any other time in your life.

You haven't even begun the journey. Get out of here and go start finding new experiences instead of lamenting the ones you think you have missed (you really haven't, btw).

But there is something about young, teen love that you cannot replicate into adulthood. It is innocent, carefree, and spontaneous. It occurred during a time when both were just "kids" and they were naive. It is sweet in itself.

A common theme in movies is reuniting with an old flame from childhood. And it fills the heart with joy.

I saw the movie "Norbit" yestarday, and that was the plot.

You see movies like the Notebook too where two young lovers meet and they grow old together.

It is the most desirable outcome.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:37 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:

You see movies like the Notebook too where two young lovers meet and they grow old together.
You're basing your knowledge of young love not only on movies, but on movies like Norbit? Good lord. Movies aren't real. Young love isn't necessarily pure and wonderful, it's just as likely to be awkward and immature.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:38 AM

376 posts, read 489,424 times
Don't get too hung up on this, or it will take on a momentum of its own. It is not unreasonable to want to be exclusively central to your girlfriend or wife, of course. But its something that is impossible to quantify, and you are left trying to prove a negative. Just ease up on it, and take those women that you do meet as individuals, and then you can decide on a case by case basis if that woman has too much emotional baggage for you. Certainly be selective, but don't let 'perfect' be the enemy of 'good'.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
But there is something about young, teen love that you cannot replicate into adulthood. It is innocent, carefree, and spontaneous. It occurred during a time when both were just "kids" and they were naive. It is sweet in itself.

A common theme in movies is reuniting with an old flame from childhood. And it fills the heart with joy.

It is the most desirable outcome.
That's in films!

And if you find your first love and it doesn't work out what's going to happen then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships