Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 10:51 PM

273 posts, read 209,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I know Tucson has hiking groups, so Phx must, too. Tucson hikers go up in the mountains outside of town. Here in Santa Fe, we have hiking trails around the edges of town where there are parks, Nature Conservancy land, the Audubon Center, and the national forest. Does Google not turn up the name of a hiking org in your area? Ah, here you go: the Trailblazers. Arizona Trailblazers Hiking Club

Summer isn't really conducive here in the SW, if you ask me--too hot. But late spring and fall are very nice for that. Where I live, people like to go up around the ski basin, the higher elevations, to see the fall foliage.
Yeah, I'll probably look into that in the fall (and winter here....since the weather is really nice).

Nothing like walking 10 miles in 120 degree weather! Am I right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 02:17 AM

4 posts, read 2,544 times
Thanks alot for your replys :O

Old 07-11-2016, 03:13 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dired1994 View Post
Gday,I am just writing this post, due to the fact I've been experiencing struggles for a while to get to know women, I can't say for sure whether or not it has something to do with myself, or maybe it's only just bad luck.

I am going out somewhere around two to three times weekly, most likely to night clubs and bars, This has been really hard for me, simply because I'm not the kind of fella that's famous for how sociable or outgoing he could be. I felt sort of awkward and stressed, in fact it is highly hard for me (a great deal more) to chat in those kinds of enviroment with all the girls, even thought, I had undertaken it, I never had a large amount of succes, do you folks give me some hints and tips?
alright, the first thing to do is learn to relax around people, women especially. after all they are human just like yourself, and they put their pants on one leg at a time just like you do.

second learn to develop a sense of humor, especially one that is a bit self deprecating. if you can laugh at yourself, at th same time others are laughing at you, you are well on your way.

third, learn to ask off the wall yet harmless, questions of the girls you talk to. for instance, when i picked my last girlfriend up at the airport, it was very late at night, and i found out that she hadnt eaten for several hours, so i took her to mcdonalds(only place open at that time of the morning in that area), and while we were waiting for our food i asked her how she was enjoying our first date. and yes it got a laugh from her.

i have asked other women, in a playful manner, to run away with me. if they ask where we would go, i would say we can run off to vegas on friday, get married, honeymoon all day saturday, then get divorced on sunday, and be home on monday so that if she has a boyfriend she can go back to him.

i have also asked women if they want to run away with me, or do they still hate me.

comedy can be very attractive to women, done right.

one more thing though, you need to have confidence in yourself. an it doesnt have to be confidence with women, it can be anything. lets say you are the best at your job in your company, you need to convey that confidence to the rest of your life, and confidence is very sexy.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:21 PM

4 posts, read 2,544 times
hey guys thank u for all your help. I do agree and disagree with you, I mean, yeah it'll be easier on some other enviroments, but at the same time, thats just like saying its easier to be a bricklayer than an engineer

Old 07-11-2016, 02:52 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
hey guys thank u for all your help. I do agree and disagree with you, I mean, yeah it'll be easier on some other enviroments, but at the same time, thats just like saying its easier to be a bricklayer than an engineer
You may have to push yourself out of your comfort zone. Personal growth and reaching one's goals can be like that. But the end result, once you bite the bullet and do what has to be done, can be very rewarding.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:57 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
A bricklayer is not going to get much out of an engineering conference. You are not going to get much out of the club scene.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:10 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
Don't waste time and money in bars and clubs. I never had any success meeting anyone there. I've had more luck with clerks in a store. Try OLD, or networking and getting others to help you find someone. Even church or a civic organization might be better. Ever try MEETUP?

Old 07-11-2016, 07:25 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
because no one else said it and i wanted to plug it somewhere... download pokemon go and hang out in the womens section and ask if they got a pikachu or is it only magikarps?

Old 07-11-2016, 09:04 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,904 times
Another thing: Don't call/text a woman so frequently after a date. I don't care if it's the first, second, third, or even hundredth date! Let her initiate conversation; when she does, you just ask her "When are you free (to go out)?"7 If she hesitates, says "I don't know..." "I'm kinda busy..." gives you bull**** wishy-washy excuses, you just say, "Figure out your schedule and let me know." and don't contact her again. If she's interested, she'll contact you; in the meantime, you continue dating other women. Many women will flake - you just gotta walk, and not look back!

Old 07-11-2016, 10:38 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Another thing: Don't call/text a woman so frequently after a date. I don't care if it's the first, second, third, or even hundredth date! Let her initiate conversation; when she does, you just ask her "When are you free (to go out)?"7 If she hesitates, says "I don't know..." "I'm kinda busy..." gives you bull**** wishy-washy excuses, you just say, "Figure out your schedule and let me know." and don't contact her again. If she's interested, she'll contact you; in the meantime, you continue dating other women. Many women will flake - you just gotta walk, and not look back!
How's that working out for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships