Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these scenarios do you think is more of a hurdle?
20 year age gap (35 yr old guy and 55 yr old woman) but 15 minutes apart 12 36.36%
Guy and girl both in mid 30's, but live 1000 miles apart? 21 63.64%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 11:42 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,358,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Trigger warning; feminist has been triggered. Everyone retreat to your safe spaces.

I'm sure I'll be suspended, again, for my opinions. But **** it, I'm pretty much done with this board anyway...
What does fem....nevermind.

Older men don't get treated all that well around here. In the term "creepy old guy" sometimes the creepy part seems to be redundant based on the frequency of the word pairing. Then older women like to point out how men don't age well and how men don't age well and how men don't, wait, what?

But seriously, the references to 14 year old children being prime boner targets and the various Eliot Roger minus the murdering part "gentlemen" dissecting the eff-ability of women of various ages is pretty gross. The board would probably be better off if actual effective action was taken against that BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 11:47 AM

733 posts, read 604,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post

Older men don't get treated all that well around here. In the term "creepy old guy" sometimes the creepy part seems to be redundant based on the frequency of the word pairing. Then older women like to point out how men don't age well and how men don't age well and how men don't, wait, what?

But seriously, the references to 14 year old children being prime boner targets and the various Eliot Roger minus the murdering part "gentlemen" dissecting the eff-ability of women of various ages is pretty gross. The board would probably be better off if actual effective action was taken against that BS.
Let me put it this way: Do you want a 2012 Honda 1000 miles away, or a local 1984 Mercedes?
Both men and women lose value over time, just like cars and trucks.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:50 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,069,204 times
Quote:

I'm trying to imagine what on earth would happen if the 40-something women around here started expounding on the value and prime sexual viability of middle-school or high school freshman boys, how biology says and shows, by the looks of their bodies, that they're actually ready and it's only ridiculous anti-woman society that forces us NOT to indulge in those natural urges and so on.

Some of the dudes around here seem to feel the board is "slanted against males" but perhaps the males it's "slanted against" are being SERIOUS BONERS.

Just a possibility.

Not that women can't be total boners too but come on now. The complaints I so frequently hear about how "feminist" and "anti-male" this board is very, very often come from the "women are a number value, here's how to trick women into bed because that's what biology wants, I wish it were the 50s again so women would have to marry the loser dudes and couldn't divorce them, I'm not worried about being 45 - I can still pull the barely-legals who haven't deteriorated in market value from having been driven off the lot too long ago but the other way around is just GROSS, EEEEEEEEW" crowd and I think we all know it.

ETA: See post #42 above that pretty much fell into my hands (unfortunately) as a prime example...I mean we didn't even have to wait for one. Although this time, this particular poster, who plans in advance to "pull" women half his age in 10 more years, targets only "fertile" women under a specific age number and literally has said in this very thread that it's "impossible" that a young man could want an older woman, interjected "both men and women." Nice try, hon.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:55 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,058,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayesian View Post
Let me put it this way: Do you want a 2012 Honda 1000 miles away, or a local 1984 Mercedes?
People aren't machines, or disposable goods. Generally people become wiser, more experienced, and more interesting with age I've found. They have more experiences to draw from and more stories to tell.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:10 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,358,758 times
Quote:

Both men and women typically grow less attractive as they age. This isn't news though, and we seldom have threads announcing that water is wet. And being thought less attractive can be considered limited only to that single aspect of a man or woman's life, and not something that diminishes his or her "value". That's the point.

I'm almost 59 and I'm experiencing first hand gratuitous comments regarding age and value and I think women sometimes really believe that older men get a total pass on this stuff, which is far from the truth. The frequency and harshness of the attacks on women is far greater than those on men, though, here and in general. I hate when this crap is directed at men, so I can only imagine what women deal with.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
People aren't machines, or disposable goods. Generally people become wiser, more experienced, and more interesting with age I've found. They have more experiences to draw from and more stories to tell.
We are even worse than machines. How hard is it to replace the engine? Actually it's not hard, just kind of costly.

But, how hard is it to replace a heart? or a brain? It's harder than rocket science!

Old 07-14-2016, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Both men and women typically grow less attractive as they age. This isn't news though, and we seldom have threads announcing that water is wet. And being thought less attractive can be considered limited only to that single aspect of a man or woman's life, and not something that diminishes his or her "value". That's the point.

I'm almost 59 and I'm experiencing first hand gratuitous comments regarding age and value and I think women sometimes really believe that older men get a total pass on this stuff, which is far from the truth. The frequency and harshness of the attacks on women is far greater than those on men, though, here and in general. I hate when this crap is directed at men, so I can only imagine what women deal with.
Exactly.

Nobody should be surprised. I didn't develop a whole new theory, I just stated a simple fact.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:16 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,069,204 times
Quote:
We are even worse than machines. How hard is it to replace the engine? Actually it's not hard, just kind of costly.

But, how hard is it to replace a heart? or a brain? It's harder than rocket science!
Which is why the heart, brain, the whole person...is way more valuable and rare than a machine.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Which is why the heart, brain, the whole person...is way more valuable and rare than a machine.
Exactly, that's why a 20-something college hottie is way more valuable than a brand new Lexus.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:27 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,058,884 times
Quote:
Exactly, that's why a 20-something college hottie is way more valuable than a brand new Lexus.
Just gross
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships