Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 01:33 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times

Advertisements

they are actually the ones who committed the first offense....anyone ever have this (and yes it could be the other way around, but I am a female)

The stbx would try and find fault with things I did, whereas the reality ( I later discovered, on my own ) was that he was lying all along, and I was the better person.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 01:36 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,377,609 times
Isn't this called a night out?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:49 PM

No- I wont go in depth lol. A night out for him would mean getting in a head-on collision, or arrested.

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 07-22-2008 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 07-22-2008, 01:51 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Oh yes, I have been down this road. Its called projection. I don't go on guilt trips anymore. I am certainly likely to make mistakes but I am usually aware of it when I do and I apologize. When someone comes at me like that, it raises a red flag that they are trying to distract from something by pointing the finger at me when it should be pointed at themselves.

Old 07-22-2008, 01:53 PM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,955 times
What really pisses me off is when you catch them in a lie or something and they try to turn it around to make YOU look like you're being crazy, dramatic, over-the-top, jealous, etc. Thank god I don't hang out with losers anymore!!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:57 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,269,659 times
Its nice to kill those types of things with circular logic and asking them so you think this because of this....

And then they get the "uh uh uhh" look on thier face and blurt out something really stupid. I ditch anyone that acts like that. Its useless behavior. Friend or more than.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:07 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Its nice to kill those types of things with circular logic and asking them so you think this because of this....

And then they get the "uh uh uhh" look on thier face and blurt out something really stupid. I ditch anyone that acts like that. Its useless behavior. Friend or more than.
My brother tried that with me last time I was home, I said "I can understand why you would feel that way but it was not my intention". I was completely CALM the whole time, he was so mad he couldn't get me upset. He was spitting he was so mad.

AND just for the record, neither sex has a corner on this, I have seen it coming and going both ways. In fact I have been exchanging emails with my sister, she attacked ME and now is mad at me for attacking her, which I didn't do.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:15 PM

22,230 posts, read 19,238,916 times
it's called "the best defense is a good offense" and also "distraction" as in throw mud at you so no one notices the crap he is wallowing in

the worst i ever ran across was someone who would take it even a step further....this person would do A-B-C say, I'd get mad and call them on it, then they would turn around and tell everyone that I had done A-B-C to them, and get all sorts of sympathy. Scary. I got out of there when that started happening.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:23 PM

Default yes--

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
it's called "the best defense is a good offense" and also "distraction" as in throw mud at you so no one notices the crap he is wallowing in

the worst i ever ran across was someone who would take it even a step further....this person would do A-B-C say, I'd get mad and call them on it, then they would turn around and tell everyone that I had done A-B-C to them, and get all sorts of sympathy. Scary. I got out of there when that started happening.
or you have the loser wh nit-picks and then, after trying his hardest to make you angry, is like why are you so upset?

(needless to say you learn to completely cover your emotion to save your sanity)

Old 07-22-2008, 03:00 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,703,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
they are actually the ones who committed the first offense....anyone ever have this (and yes it could be the other way around, but I am a female)

The stbx would try and find fault with things I did, whereas the reality ( I later discovered, on my own ) was that he was lying all along, and I was the better person.......
Oh yes, boy have I met that type of people (not just men)! One woman that I have gotten to know personally looooooooooove to criticize how a certain joke, etc., is not appropriate to be said, etc., but then she goes out and does worse things (like not disciplining her little kids and letting her kids cuss out other adults).

Now, in regards to the faults that the STBX said to you, what were they, in particular, if I can ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships