Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: .....
YAY 12 26.67%
NAY 33 73.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 06:59 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
The long t-shirt-like material kind of skirt with the slit up the side? Very sexy, what's wrong with him?
On the right body type, sure. I'd never be able to pull one of those off without looking like a squat blimp who had no body parts other than hips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 07:17 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
On the right body type, sure. I'd never be able to pull one of those off without looking like a squat blimp who had no body parts other than hips.
I can see your pictures, don't be ridiculous!
It's all in the way you move it anyway

Old 07-27-2016, 04:21 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,397,537 times
Quote:
The long t-shirt-like material kind of skirt with the slit up the side? Very sexy, what's wrong with him?
He's a NY Italian…no subtleness He doesn't like clothes. It's a good think we moved to the boonies and have no neighbors, lol.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:23 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_atw
I notify my date I am dressing up.
I dont think a tie is too much,Who cares when ya wear it really.... No I dont see a big deal for a general date...... WEAR WHATEVER YOU WANT

Old 08-22-2016, 02:54 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
No silly, they wear it under their clothes so nothing moves. Like a packed sausage. Not normal looking some just look like...."oh wow what a big solid no roll block of lady you are today..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJcMydi-rc
I'm not sure exactly what it is I'm seeing them wear sometimes, but to me it can almost make you look worse. It just seems to flatten all the girth. Like it flattens you from the side, but you're twice as wide from the front view. Reminds me of those old Flatsy dolls, if anyone remembers them.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/56....127270315.jpg

Old 08-22-2016, 02:57 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
For a general date meaning eating out at a restaurant.

My wardrobe is mostly filled with shirts and ties. I'm used to either dressing up professionally. Is a shirt and tie fine for a date?
I would like it.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:07 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,892,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_atw View Post
I notify my date I am dressing up.
This is nice...if it's a first date, you can say "I'll be the guy in the purple tie". Depends TOTALLY on the venue, though. Wear something that is flattering on you, your favorite color, etc. Something that makes you feel good wearing it.

It really depends on the venue, but I like a guy who can do his own laundry.

Please don't wear anything with pinholes around the collar or edges, or, heaven forbid, stains. If you don't notice that kind of detail, or don't think it matters, I'm not interested.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:13 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Don't wear a tie without a jacket or you will look like a high school English teacher.
In modern business wear, especially in the tech industry, a tie without a jacket is "working level dressing upward." A jacket without a tie is "executive level dressing downward."

Old 08-22-2016, 07:20 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I like the sports jacket with no tie look. Cool to me reminds me of the 80's and Miami vice look, sans the pastels of course.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:22 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeechuk View Post
First dates are never at a fancy place where a dress shirt and tie would be necessary, are they? What happened to just meeting for coffee?
Personally, I don't call "just meeting for coffee" a "date." That would be "just hanging out together." I'd consider any daylight meeting "just hanging out" and dress as everyone else (except I never wear flipflops anywhere but the men's shower room).

If I take a woman out for a first casual evening of dinner and entertainment, I'll go the "executive dressing down" route of shirt without tie, blazer and nice jeans. I would not make a first evening of dinner and entertainment anything less. I'll let the lady advise me whether she'd prefer something less for subsequent dates, but I'd rather her say I did too much for her than have her think I did too little.

...Unless the dinner is a restaurant with a sommelier, in which case it's suit and tie. ...Unless it's a restaurant with a full service staff for each table, in which case it would be a tux.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships