Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 10:00 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,911,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
I don't deny my social skills aren't very good. Your not insulting me at all. She is just easy to talk to is why I interact with her well.
Then keep talking to her and just keep things on a platonic level if you are not interested in anything romantic with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
. She has 3 teenage children and im just not wanting to be involved with anyones kids right now.
More reasons to keep things platonic

Old 07-25-2016, 10:04 AM

749 posts, read 857,191 times
Dating someone from work is fine. Looking at the threads on this forum, it's not like it doesn't happens all the time. Yes it can end badly, but that is the fate of most if not all relationships. This being it is a good idea to progress carefully. OP, I think you might want to test the waters first. I would show signs of interest such as extra smiling, starting conversation and see how to responds. If you feel she shies away, by all means better move on. If she smiles back, converses back, flirts back try asking her out for something not too assuming.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:08 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,225,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Are you sure?? I mean, what do you want?

You said she was cute, and you wondered if she was married. That indicates romantic interest.

Do you plan to hang around as her friend until her teen kids grow up and move out?

Who doesn't like to be around someone nice looking? I don't go around being overly friendly with married wemon. One they are married I consider them to be off limits basically.

Who knows about her kids I never meet them or anything. she just told me today about being divorced and her 3 kids. I wasn't surprised she had some but not that her oldest is like 16. Long as I don't have to deal with them than whatever.

She thinks im smart because I work on computers. Boy is she in for a surprise. haha.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seixal View Post
Dating someone from work is fine. Looking at the threads on this forum, it's not like it doesn't happens all the time. Yes it can end badly, but that is the fate of most if not all relationships. This being it is a good idea to progress carefully. OP, I think you might want to test the waters first. I would show signs of interest such as extra smiling, starting conversation and see how to responds. If you feel she shies away, by all means better move on. If she smiles back, converses back, flirts back try asking her out for something not too assuming.
You might have missed the part where he said he didn't want to get romantically involved with a woman who has three teenage children.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:37 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Boy is she in for a surprise. haha.
Yes.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:51 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Since this is a workplace thing I would be really careful. You don't want to get fired or sued.

I have dated coworkers but as a guy you gotta watch out more.

I would only pursue her if SHE makes the first step.
This advice is gold. Ignore all others.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:57 AM

749 posts, read 857,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You might have missed the part where he said he didn't want to get romantically involved with a woman who has three teenage children.
Dating doesn't necessarily mean being in a committed relationship with someone. It can be casual. It's either that or the OP's post is in the wrong part of the forum as this one reads "relationship".

Old 07-25-2016, 12:54 PM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times
That rule about not dating co-workers no longer flies as an absolute workplace 'rule' anymore.

Sure, I don't think it's particularly wise depending on circumstances, but you can't make blanket statements about not doing such things. Many different factors in each situation.

Let's face it, in this world, most of our lives are spent at work during the week, and that is where we interact with people face to face readily. And that is where many people find love and sometimes marriage. So it is what it is.

In the OP's situation, this sort of question has been asked many times before, but the advice is the same. You have to gauge to see if she likes you more than just a casual chat buddy. Then if she does give off signs, move onto the next step of trying to ask her on a date.

Too many dudes make the critical mistake of misreading her interest level, and then assuming she does like him and starts making date plans and making her out to be more than what the situation requires.

Baby steps bro.

Keep talking to her and trying to figure out her interest level. But don't stretch it out too long. A simple thing is to ask for her phone number.

THEN ask for simple dates if it is somewhat confirmed she does like you more than a casual chat buddy.

How to Tell when a Girl Is Interested in You

Proven Signs She's Interested - AskMen

Quote:
For more than 40 years, researchers have been cataloging the non-verbal behaviors women use to let men know they're interested (and vice versa). One important category of flirting is referred to as kinetic gestures, and it includes the oldest trick in the book: hair tossing. But while a casual, seductive toss or brief stroke of the hair can be her way of letting you know that she enjoys your company, continually toying with her tresses may suggest she's nervous or uncertain about you

Old 07-25-2016, 01:49 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,458,244 times
If you're going to do it do it outside of the workplace.

If you know you won't be able to keep it away from your place of employment, do not even consider it an option anymore.

You're their to function as an employee, not meet new romances and carry on with your fanciful dreams.

Ask her to hang out and go from their.

As an employer myself I honestly do not care about people in my workforce sharing relationships with one another, but I DO care that it carries on inside the workplace. its not the place for it, and it puts other employees in places that make working uncomfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships