Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 01:46 PM

4 posts, read 2,546 times

Advertisements

Gday,I am just writing this post, due to the fact I've been experiencing struggles for a while to get to know women, I can't say for sure whether or not it has something to do with myself, or maybe it's only just bad luck.

I am going out somewhere around two to three times weekly, most likely to night clubs and bars, This has been really hard for me, simply because I'm not the kind of fella that's famous for how sociable or outgoing he could be. I felt sort of awkward and stressed, in fact it is highly hard for me (a great deal more) to chat in those kinds of enviroment with all the girls, even thought, I had undertaken it, I never had a large amount of succes, do you folks give me some hints and tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2016, 03:08 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Feeling awkward, stressed and uncomfortable is going to come across in your body language. I think you should participate in activities or hobbies you enjoy. When you feel comfortable doing them, you are relaxed, and hopefully more open to others around you. There is no sense forcing yourself to go to places you don't want to be.

What do you like to do?

Old 07-10-2016, 03:09 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dired1994 View Post
Gday,I am just writing this post, due to the fact I've been experiencing struggles for a while to get to know women, I can't say for sure whether or not it has something to do with myself, or maybe it's only just bad luck.

I am going out somewhere around two to three times weekly, most likely to night clubs and bars, This has been really hard for me, simply because I'm not the kind of fella that's famous for how sociable or outgoing he could be. I felt sort of awkward and stressed, in fact it is highly hard for me (a great deal more) to chat in those kinds of enviroment with all the girls, even thought, I had undertaken it, I never had a large amount of succes, do you folks give me some hints and tips?
Firstly I would like to thank you for acknowledging it could be yourself ( you would be surprised by the amount of people on here that blame others for their shortcomings ) so huge welcome to the forum

Right bars and clubs is ALL I do for dating so......

How are going about in getting talking or approaching women? And do you go out alone or in a group? And what's the biggest stumbling block for you?

For what it's worth I know that scene is not for the faint hearted or the most confident person, However I really do respect the fact that you are stepping out of your comfort zone and trying to do something about your predicament

It's speaks volumes about yourself IMO and I'm sure things will change for you

Old 07-10-2016, 03:19 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Simple, OP. If you're not comfortable in bars and clubs, don't go there. (More than a few women aren't comfortable with those places, either.) Meet women by joining hobby groups, mixed-gender sports leagues in your town, if any, outdoor recreation clubs of whatever sort interest you (hiking, rock-climbing, boating), and by volunteering for political or environmental organizations, and the like. That's how you'll find women who share your interests, and conversation will flow naturally after they get to know you.

You could try taking dance classes, if there's anything interesting in your area (swing dance/boogie, folk dancing, salsa dancing, whatever). Check your community events calendar online or in the newspaper, and see what it has to offer. Is there a film society you might be interested in joining? An animal rescue organization? A bookstore that offers travel seminars? A sister-city committee? The possibilities are endless, depending on your location.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Simple, OP. If you're not comfortable in bars and clubs, don't go there. Meet women by joining hobby groups, mixed-gender sports leagues in your town, if any, outdoor recreation clubs of whatever sort interest you (hiking, rock-climbing, boating), and by volunteering for political or environmental organizations, and the like. That's how you'll find women who share your interests, and conversation will flow naturally after they get to know you. You could try taking dance classes, if there's anything interesting in your area (swing dance/boogie, folk dancing, salsa dancing, whatever). Check your community events calendar online or in the newspaper, and see what it has to offer.
Ruth even I'd love to try hiking after reading the numerous times its come up especially if there's women there

I really do believe that it would be a great way to actually meet someone and really getting to know someone really well...

So great idea

Old 07-10-2016, 03:31 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Ruth even I'd love to try hiking and especially if there's women there

I really do believe that it would be a great way to actually meet someone and really getting to know someone really well...

So great idea
LC discovered American-style hiking on this forum, and is sharing his enthusiasm. Yes, it's a great way to take in scenery, spend time in nature, and chat with potential new friends. I don't know what kind of hiking they'd have in Oz--the OP sounds like he's from there--as it's pretty flat in most places, in my understanding.

But they should have other things: surfing, obviously; bicycle clubs, maybe a save-the-coral-reefs brigade, maybe whale watching or porpoise-tending groups, there are Aboriginal art aficionados, photography workshops, all kinds of things. Pssst, OP: cooking classes are a great place to meet women! And to learn how to cook, needless to say. You can learn specialized cuisines, like Chinese, Indonesian, whatever. Meditation groups and yoga or Tai Chi or Chi Gong classes often are Chick Central.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
LC discovered American-style hiking on this forum, and is sharing his enthusiasm. Yes, it's a great way to take in scenery, spend time in nature, and chat with potential new friends. I don't know what kind of hiking they'd have in Oz--the OP sounds like he's from there--as it's pretty flat in most places, in my understanding.

But they should have other things: surfing, obviously; bicycle clubs, maybe a save-the-coral-reefs brigade, maybe whale watching or porpoise-tending groups, there are Aboriginal art aficionados, photography workshops, all kinds of things. Pssst, OP: cooking classes are a great place to meet women! And to learn how to cook, needless to say. You can learn specialized cuisines, like Chinese, Indonesian, whatever. Meditation groups and yoga or Tai Chi or Chi Gong classes often are Chick Central.
Yes erm .... Ahem it certainly puts my strolls in Hyde park or shopping trips on park lane into perspective ( 😂😂😂😂 )

No but LOL it's certainly IMO sounds a terrific way to enjoy both a day out with the real genuine chance of meeting/ bonding with someone

G'day.? ......

But I'm anxious to for him to reply to my first post and see if he can improve his chances in the bar scene, but if not then yeah I'm sure with your ideas he won't go far wrong

Old 07-10-2016, 03:44 PM

273 posts, read 209,554 times
What's with the hiking craze?

I don't really get it. It seems like it's just walking around in the woods and on mountains.

Am I missing something?

This is not meant to be sarcastic. I'm genuinely curious.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarney View Post
What's with the hiking craze?

I don't really get it. It seems like it's just walking around in the woods and on mountains.

Am I missing something?

This is not meant to be sarcastic. I'm genuinely curious.
That was my first thought ... Getting tired, stepping in crap!... Snakes etc .... But after a thread on here and talking to Ruth and others I'm convinced it's actually a great way to meet someone

And I'm particularly set in my ways so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships