Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 03:49 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,120,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Why the avoidance of daytime hours... you know, when people are actually out and about?
LOL because I live in Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2016, 03:49 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,539,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
I meant a lady who also rides the bike trails, someone who works nights would not be on the trails at night.
Oh LOL I see

( thank you )

Old 07-31-2016, 03:50 PM

273 posts, read 209,610 times
I honestly think that most posters on this board don't understand how difficult it is for the average guy to date. We have to do a lot of approaching and must experience a lot of rejection to get dates. It's a lot of physical, mental, and emotional work for us. Women don't have to experience this and don't know what it's like.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:03 PM

785 posts, read 954,996 times
I was in San Francisco last week and I overheard a woman say "I have an amazing boyfriend, he makes $160,000 he drives a car...". I shook my head at this.

When I tell women my career as an engineer it's not the most exciting thing to them. I encounter a lot of women in my field though.

I make six figures and pay off my cards. Only my ex and my family know my estimated income. I try to not use the money thing too much in dating for fear someone will be into me for my income.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
I was in San Francisco last week and I overheard a woman say "I have an amazing boyfriend, he makes $160,000 he drives a car...". I shook my head at this.

When I tell women my career as an engineer it's not the most exciting thing to them. I encounter a lot of women in my field though.

I make six figures and pay off my cards. Only my ex and my family know my estimated income. I try to not use the money thing too much in dating for fear someone will be into me for my income.
I agree and unless you are actually together and splitting the bills etc it's no ones business what someone earns and LOL it would be incredibly rude to ask IMO

Old 07-31-2016, 04:14 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,120,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post

Lol maybe because San Francisco has the 2nd best public transportation in America Beaten only by Nyc.

So many people can do just fine without a car and do, so having a car is a bigger deal, plus the $160,000 a year prolly gets her panties wet.... sigh.....SMH society needs to be rid of people like that.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarney View Post
I honestly think that most posters on this board don't understand how difficult it is for the average guy to date. We have to do a lot of approaching and must experience a lot of rejection to get dates. It's a lot of physical, mental, and emotional work for us. Women don't have to experience this and don't know what it's like.
I understand what you are saying but in truth it's usually only difficult if one chooses to make it difficult for themselves

Personally I actually think women have a harder time in dating than us blokes mate mainly due to all the bollox they have to put up with

Old 07-31-2016, 04:54 PM

273 posts, read 209,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I understand what you are saying but in truth it's usually only difficult if one chooses to make it difficult for themselves
I actually disagree with this in the sense that dating, for men, requires a ton of approaches and rejections. I know because I do it. I don't walk around talking about it, but I approach a lot (and I'm talking about in person, not online...I don't do anything there because I have no success at all). Some women are just nasty at the outset. Others seem interested at the time, but don't respond when I message them. The only ways that I've found to consistently get women to respond is to appeal to something that many of them value: social approval from their peers.

This means that I either need to look like I have money, befriend their friends (so if they are rude to me, they risk social standing with their friends), I have to be extremely fun and outgoing, or I have to be extremely good-looking (not something I could change, unfortunately).

Again, I'm a guy that approaches women very often, through work, social activities that I participate in, and cold approaches during the day. I used to also spend a ton of time at bars and clubs (which I've found to be a terrible place to meet a long-term partner, but a conceptually great place to get laid....again, with a lot of physical effort).

Quote:
Personally I actually think women have a harder time in dating than us blokes mate mainly due to all the bollox they have to put up with
I don't know, man. I'd love to be the selector and just sit around waiting for someone to come to me.

In any event, I couldn't even imagine being OP. At least, I'm in a position and have the personality type to approach. Couldn't conceive being an introvert in this kind of dating environment.

Old 07-31-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
I actually disagree with this in the sense that dating, for men, requires a ton of approaches and rejections. I know because I do it. I don't walk around talking about it, but I approach a lot (and I'm talking about in person, not online...I don't do anything there because I have no success at all). Some women are just nasty at the outset. Others seem interested at the time, but don't respond when I message them. The only ways that I've found to consistently get women to respond is to appeal to something that many of them value: social approval from their peers.

This means that I either need to look like I have money, befriend their friends (so if they are rude to me, they risk social standing with their friends), I have to be extremely fun and outgoing, or I have to be extremely good-looking (not something I could change, unfortunately).

Again, I'm a guy that approaches women very often, through work, social activities that I participate in, and cold approaches during the day. I used to also spend a ton of time at bars and clubs (which I've found to be a terrible place to meet a long-term partner, but a conceptually great place to get laid....again, with a lot of physical effort).

I don't know, man. I'd love to be the selector and just sit around waiting for someone to come to me.

In any event, I couldn't even imagine being OP. At least, I'm in a position and have the personality type to approach. Couldn't conceive being an introvert in this kind of dating environment.
It is horses for courses for different blokes and believe me I DO understand

When I say it's their choice if it's difficult or not I mean mainly in their actions when approaching....... I think most of the men that struggle with dating ( the ones that actually bother to approach ) is mainly down to them not thinking out things proper, not reading situations clearly or above all else not respecting the time and place and choosing an unfortunate time for her ( doing something, busy at work, etc etc ).

And of course what the men say is the most important thing ..... Just that they believe it to be charming or romantic and so on it doesn't for one second mean a lady will

That's why I genuinely do believe it's mainly down to a blokes choices that makes it difficult or not

The group approval thing doe happen and to be honest there is nothing more that I LOVE than meeting a lady with her friends on a night out and having a laugh and a good time with them as a group ...... Honestly that's one my best characteristics and am at complete ease when talking to a group

Even average looking blokes fair well with the ladies as long as they have the personality and wit about them ( this I've proved many times )

Personally I think you are well alright mate from what I've seen with you on here and like you say at least you do something about it and try your luck

Old 07-31-2016, 05:16 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,911,433 times
Quote:

I agree, I've always thought dating (initial stages) is much more difficult for men, and I feel for you all.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships