Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 02:37 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphorx View Post
Actually it is worse in the daytime, I went out yesterday because it was overcast outside, and this was my ride from my front door to downtown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_pNMvm4AE
It's almost like you're daring the women to come running against the threat of frightening situations and whatever stumbling blocks you're shoving directly in their way.

Then when they say "No thanks," you come on here to tell us how unfair life is, how you have NO clue why the women aren't running toward these dangerous situations and how you sure aren't giving up your interests (you've named exactly two - weapons and riding through hobo camps in the dead dark of night) for anyone.

Face it, you want to make damned sure not to get into a relationship, and it's working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 02:53 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
T
Sad but true, I already pulled the group down temporally to rethink my strategy because waaayy to many guys showed interest and not nearly enough women.
So, some women did show interest!

And you closed the group rather than proceed forward - never getting the chance to ride with those women - because you are afraid they may show interest in the other men and not you?
Wow.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:58 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

And you closed the group rather than proceed forward - never getting the chance to ride with those women - because you are afraid they may show interest in the other men and not you?
Wow.
Again...I really believe the OP is deliberately shoving all possibilities away, hard and far.

I don't know what his reasons are but it's pretty glaringly obvious at this point.

Old 08-21-2016, 03:07 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,679,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Again...I really believe the OP is deliberately shoving all possibilities away, hard and far.

I don't know what his reasons are but it's pretty glaringly obvious at this point.
It certainly seems that way. Plus, even if the initial interest was 17 men and 5 women, who knows who would actually show up. It might have been that when the event happened, only 4 men and 4 women showed up and the ratio would have been perfect. For a lot of evening activities (or going into nighttime) the men are going to have a lot less problems going it alone than the women, so that gives women more of an incentive to show up. They aren't as likely to say, "Well I'll just go by myself tomorrow" because they'll find it unsafe to do on their own.

When I do my evening walking groups (which end up being mostly nighttime in the fall/winter), they are mostly women because we aren't able to walk at that time once the sun starts to go down earlier. If we don't go with that group, we're not really going to be able to walk alone otherwise. Even now they tend to end when it is dark, which means it allows us to go a longer distance than we could go on our own.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:31 AM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It's almost like you're daring the women to come running against the threat of frightening situations and whatever stumbling blocks you're shoving directly in their way.

Then when they say "No thanks," you come on here to tell us how unfair life is, how you have NO clue why the women aren't running toward these dangerous situations and how you sure aren't giving up your interests (you've named exactly two - weapons and riding through hobo camps in the dead dark of night) for anyone.

Face it, you want to make damned sure not to get into a relationship, and it's working.

Not weapons in general, but I do like swords and knives(guns are the weapons of cowards), and yes even when I have traveled outside of the USA I tend to want to see where the real people live, at 19 I spent 3 months in Mexico and it was not in Cancun.

My other interests are creating animation, creating music, gaming and sci-fi movies and shows, but those things I do from home.
My ideal woman would:

A. be thrilled by the danger.
B. feel safe mainly because she is with me.

I have no problem playing the protector role. it's a role I was built and born to play.
I don't wish to push women away, I want to pull one in and make her feel safe.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

Wow.
Are you really giving me the business because I have no wish to me at an obvious disadvantage?

and 2 females and 40 males would not be a fun singles outing, at least not for 37 of the men.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:14 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck-67 View Post
The overall concept is a great idea. As an avid MTB'er you do need to be aware that the ratio is heavily slanted towards guys for now, although more gals are joining in (and a bunch of them can rip...and out ride me for sure) each year. It varies by locale though.

Don't be dissuaded by anyone (especially married people) trying to give you crap about singles groups or "meeting females" etc. Of course you are and by doing so you're helping other single folks meet up correct ?

You might do better with a road bike -evening- drinks - type of social ride meetup maybe (??)
Get some higher-pressure, flat-tread tires and a higher gear cluster and your MTB turns into a road bike and much cheaper.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Get some higher-pressure, flat-tread tires and a higher gear cluster and your MTB turns into a road bike and much cheaper.
Believe it or not my knoby tires open up way more of the city to me, too many roads are in need of repair, outside of the pristine boring paths you'll end up with a bent rim riding through most of the city on a road bike.

Old 08-22-2016, 04:23 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,679,067 times
Quote:
Are you really giving me the business because I have no wish to me at an obvious disadvantage?

and 2 females and 40 males would not be a fun singles outing, at least not for 37 of the men.
That's your perception, not anyone else's. Maybe those 37 men are there because they want to do the outing, not pick up women. Not everyone does singles meetup groups to hook up. That might be a side benefit, but they may do it because the activity interests them and they can meet people who share the same interests as they do. You haven't even had the meetup yet. Maybe after the first go, some of those 40 men would have female friends who might be interested, particularly if you branched out to other areas or more road biking activities.

As seen by your later post, you are just not open to doing what needs to be done to expanding to develop the group more. Nothing wrong with an evening road bike option, but you refuse to do that. Mountain biking is expensive and that is a bar to entry for a lot of people.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
That's your perception, not anyone else's. Maybe those 37 men are there because they want to do the outing, not pick up women. Not everyone does singles meetup groups to hook up. That might be a side benefit, but they may do it because the activity interests them and they can meet people who share the same interests as they do. You haven't even had the meetup yet. Maybe after the first go, some of those 40 men would have female friends who might be interested, particularly if you branched out to other areas or more road biking activities.

As seen by your later post, you are just not open to doing what needs to be done to expanding to develop the group more. Nothing wrong with an evening road bike option, but you refuse to do that. Mountain biking is expensive and that is a bar to entry for a lot of people.
Actually I never said that, I don't care what cycles the others use and the routes I have been planing are all in the city not in the woods lol, I say I prefer mountain bikes myself because they can take more abuse than other bikes(because they are designed to), maybe you misunderstood me on that one, if so I apologies for not being clear.

And based on my inbox meeting women IS the focus of most of the guys showing interest, while the Now 3 women seem to be more inline with what some of you were saying, viewing it as a safety thing.
One saying night is the only time she has to ride because of her schedule and she got into riding through an EX and misses it.

Anyway I unhid the group hoping to get the ratio better.
It's a closed group so I can let people in selectively. good thing about facebook is you can see a lot about people from their profile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships