Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 11:38 AM

10 posts, read 12,180 times

Advertisements

@Funymann - I mean it is probably not the easiest place to find NOW. But when we first started out I kept the area tidy all the time. After 2 full years of Bob not looking down there then I stopped worrying about it at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 11:39 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,909,751 times
Couples counseling to deal with this or break up.

B.O.B. needs to step up to the plate. This should be a dealbreaker for you.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:17 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Honestly, this sort of thing makes me smh.. That men can be so neglectful of their woman's needs. OP ~ Minus the children, I've been in your shoes and it absolutely sucks. Especially once you've had men who know and love what they're doing down there and would never dream of depriving you! ! ! * * * Men, take note please. You will never keep a (normal) woman 100% satisfied if you don't get down and do the do. You can be the best man in the world and it still won't matter, if you're not the best lover your woman's ever had in her life. ( There's gotta be some youtube tutorials you guys can check out, lol )

Old 08-18-2016, 12:28 PM

10 posts, read 12,180 times
Exactly @D217 - I have never had the issue with any past relationship. I mean of course if I had known 4 years ago that I would be here today with a hairy downstairs, deprived of sex, and racking my brain on how to fix the issue I might have rethought our relationship but you never know!

Old 08-18-2016, 12:33 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,015,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgurl80 View Post
Exactly @D217 - I have never had the issue with any past relationship. I mean of course if I had known 4 years ago that I would be here today with a hairy downstairs, deprived of sex, and racking my brain on how to fix the issue I might have rethought our relationship but you never know!
The thing is though that some people *gasp* do not like to do certain sexual things. Mod cut.. And, no, not every woman "needs" it either.

That you didn't have this issue in your past relationships doesn't mean that this guy is doing things wrong. He is just not compatible with you in this way.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-18-2016 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: Not PG-13.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:41 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,349,706 times
As others have said, you would be wise to walk if you felt you could, but you don't feel that way, so you need to try to fix things. I think it's OK to ask for what you want, and if he can't or won't do that, it's OK to ask why. Maybe (unlikely) his generally ultra conservative approach to sex is due to some issue he could work on, and perhaps working on said issue would make him happier in general? Maybe.

You've invested a lot here so you might want to really explore whether he can and will change his ideas about sex.

Old 08-18-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
The thing is though that some people *gasp* do not like to do certain sexual things. [snip] And, no, not every woman "needs" it either.

That you didn't have this issue in your past relationships doesn't mean that this guy is doing things wrong. He is just not compatible with you in this way.
A guy who shuts down at the mention of any ways to improve sex is doing everything wrong.

She would be doing him a huge favor by making this a deal breaker. At least then he will have the chance to realize what a lousy lover he is and to do something about it.

If he refuses to even discuss this, dump him. Then have some long conversations with your kids about the fact that you broke up because the two of you were not compatible with some basic values and that it was not about them.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-18-2016 at 10:27 PM..

Old 08-18-2016, 01:03 PM

Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

No, but you can counsel someone on how to communicate about needs and potential other ways to meet those needs.

No woman should put up with a guy who refuses to even talk about fixing things.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-18-2016 at 10:28 PM..

Old 08-18-2016, 01:05 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
No, but you can counsel someone on how to communicate about needs and potential other ways to meet those needs.

No woman should put up with a guy who refuses to even talk about fixing things.
And people can do things (sure, he won't be great at it) they really aren't into because the person they love really enjoys it. GGG.

Old 08-18-2016, 01:08 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,015,348 times
Quote:
A guy who shuts down at the mention of any ways to improve sex is doing everything wrong.
I think we can agree on that.

What I was focusing on is the idea that there are certain "acceptable" ways for someone to improve sexually. That, gasp, there are some very normal people who do not like [Mod cut].

Quote:
She would be doing him a huge favor by making this a deal breaker. At least then he will have the chance to realize what a lousy lover he is and to do something about it.
Or maybe find someone who doesn't "need" [Mod cut.], or believe that it's some sort of universal thing that everyone should be doing. In other words, someone who is compatible with him sexually.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 08-18-2016 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: Not PG-13.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships