Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 08:20 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times

Advertisements

It seems self-gratification pushed romance out of the way. I like traditional men a lot, and some women think a traditional guy is some kind of bully or wife-beater or something.
It seems the women who bully men into marriage get what they want. Nice women do finish last. If you seek the real thing, you get pushed aside.
Men see what the media promotes, and so do women, but what about having a real friendship, where you could count on that person in many ways?
Yeah, sex is a huge part of it, but let's face it, it would be wonderful to trust, desire, and adore that person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 09:58 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,896 times
I agree.
I'm a nice girl so I get pushed aside because the guys don't want a nice respectful girl they want a girl who will just jump into the sack with them and I'm not that kind of girl. I want a guy who treats me with respect always and wants to get to know me for me.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:01 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 850,968 times
There are nice men out there who are looking for nice women. My brother is one of them! Too bad you ladies don't live closer. Keep looking, they are out there!!! I know, I found my dear hubby...

Old 02-21-2008, 10:23 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
There are plenty of Nice Guys out there.
And it should be easy for a Smart, Fast Woman to catch one.
Just watch the Rat Race go by and grab the guy in last place.
Because Nice Guys always finish last.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:28 AM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times
I think romance diminished when women gave themselves so unselectively. Mind you, I am no prude at all, but I believe in holding back until you have had a chance to appraise the situation. Is he worth it? But that's just me; however I do believe that
when women started giving themselves so freely, men didn't have to do a darn thing to get them into bed. So goodbye romance, no more wooing. Of course this is not to say there are no romantic men out there. There are!

Old 02-21-2008, 10:54 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
There are plenty of Nice Guys out there.
And it should be easy for a Smart, Fast Woman to catch one.
Just watch the Rat Race go by and grab the guy in last place.
Because Nice Guys always finish last.

Does this mean I get Mr. Turtle?
Most men are married....

Old 02-21-2008, 11:08 AM

443 posts, read 1,793,319 times
Guys want to marry the nice women but want to bone the nasty ones.

Unfortunately, guys see marriage as being defeated.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:27 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor_McCheese View Post

Guys want to marry the nice women but want to bone the nasty ones.
Unfortunately, guys see marriage as being defeated.
That's a pretty broad statement.

Most people I know don't want anything to do with nasty people, male or female.

Marriage is hardly a position of defeat, as a matter of fact, it makes winning easier.

Putting aside non-tangibles like love and spirituality and just thinking about the material day to day world, life is lot easier with a partner to help bear the burdens encountered along the road of life. And, the high points are so much more fun when you have a friend to share them with.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:19 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times
There are message boards full of women who complain that hubby does not do much around the house or spend time interacting with the kids as much as the women would like. Many do, but the majority still do not.

Many men are not willing to give up playtime - TV, computer time, etc. and feel, after having observed their married friends, that once the kids come along, their lives are not their own and they are not willing to make the sacrifice. Everything then is pretty much directed around the children's schedules, and the wife usually determines the entertainment - whether they go out on a date or entertain, etc. etc.

A man has to be willing to want these same things.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:36 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
There are message boards full of women who complain that hubby does not do much around the house or spend time interacting with the kids as much as the women would like. Many do, but the majority still do not.

Many men are not willing to give up playtime - TV, computer time, etc. and feel, after having observed their married friends, that once the kids come along, their lives are not their own and they are not willing to make the sacrifice. Everything then is pretty much directed around the children's schedules, and the wife usually determines the entertainment - whether they go out on a date or entertain, etc. etc.

A man has to be willing to want these same things.
Thank you. I'm a man and I agree for the most part. I just can't see myself ever getting married. I will admit the fact that I come first in most cases, and that attitude isn't good for marriage or children. Not to mention, I LOVE travel, and that's not good for raising children IMO. I guess when I get older, I might have a change of mind, but that's far from now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships