Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 04:32 PM

64 posts, read 55,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I've had multiple females (not one's that I was dating) tell me they either don't like being called cute or thought of as cute by men, if the man is interested in them. Basically they've said they don't think it's a compliment and would rather a stronger term be used to describe them.

The females who have said this to me have said that being called cute is almost like something you call your little sister or a baby or someone like that and not a love interest. But I don't believe all women or even most mind being called cute.

I personally don't use the term much when I REALLY like a girl.
I guess it all depends. I always assumed women that called me cute were interested in me. So I made a move and it usually worked.

I've also had women approach me in bars and house parties that called me cute that were interested. Many of my female friends talked about their dating options in terms of how cute they are.

I've never heard a woman refer to a man as cute in any other way than a romantic one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2016, 04:49 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I like introverts. The vast majority of men I've dated are pretty introverted.
I do too. It brings to mind, whether or not this is accurate, a still water that runs deep. You wonder what's going on in there.

I realize quiet doesn't always mean introverted but the vast majority of introverts I've met have been quiet...JME.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:04 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
Just because people find you are attractive and compliment you, does not necessarily mean they want to date you.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:06 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't know. The eyes? The intensity?

And again, whatever his actual personality may be, the charisma is huge, and charisma does amazing things to a person's perceived attractiveness.

It is not necessarily picking a person's looks apart feature by feature and judging them for perfection that makes for an "attractiveness" level. Actually, this could be a piece of the puzzle the OP and others are missing.

By the way, it's not as if everyone in the world thinks Depp is handsome. We like what we like. For instance, even in his younger years I thought Pitt looked like a mad scientist's experiment that had gone wrong. The wide odd jaw made it look like he was puffed out from kidney disease, his wet lips pouting in confusion were just plain odd and he usually looked like he hadn't had a shower in six months to a year (except in Interview With the Vampire). I can tell you that oh, a few million women AND men would think me out of my mind for that assessment. I realize now I'm the one picking things apart, but that is my attempt to figure out WHY I don't think the man is, or was, attractive. In the final analysis it's just the whole thing together that feels unattractive to me, the whole package. Likewise but from the opposite angle, it's the whole package that makes me think someone is attractive.
Different people like different things. Even though I'm a heterosexual male, I could look at other males and understand what women see in them.

I personally get a lot of attention from both men and women. But I don't consider myself that hot. My fashion style is rather unusual and these days I don't really have that friendly and confident of body language.

As for the OP. I really can't say what he is doing, but I only made it to the middle of the thread.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
"Cute" is girl code for "I'm not sexually attracted to you"

I'm not disagreeing with you but this reminded me of a time when a guy friend informed me that I was clearly attracted to him as I had been playing with my hair.

Him: Can I get a kiss now?
Me: Um. WHAT? No.
Him: But, but... you were playing with your hair!
Me: So...?
Him: Playing with your hair means that you are attracted to me!
Me: Um, no. I always play with my hair, it means nothing.
Him: No it means that you are interested. I read an article about body language...
Me:

I think body language is important but wouldn't recommend overanalyzing
That actually could've worked if he was more playful and he did it with the right woman.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I think I'm the odd woman out here, as to me, "handsome" means distance (i.e. I can appreciate that he's empirically handsome but I'm not getting that buzz in my Underoos over him) and "cute" means "I'm holding back SO HARD from saying I want to wear that boy out".

Kittens are cute as in: Aww! I want to kiss its little nose!
Babies are cute as in: Aww! Look at that funny goofy expression!
Men are cute as in: Oh no, sudden unbidden visual of biting buttons off with teeth.
LOL!!! That suddenly reminded me of that time I was alone with a woman who I later found out was a cougar.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:17 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
LOL!!! That suddenly reminded me of that time I was alone with a woman who I later found out was a cougar.
Oh no, I never do this to little boys.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:18 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
That actually could've worked if he was more playful and he did it with the right woman.
I think it's more out of boredom when they start playing with their hair .... Especially on a date... Just like when you start playing a tune on the table with your fingers.... lol

Think it's the one below actually pulling their hair out! LMAO

Old 08-28-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
I use "cute" to refer to endearing quirks and personality traits, or a behavior/action. I've never called any man I dated "cute." Handsome, gorgeous, hot, stud (to be cute/funny), beautiful, etc.? Yep. But not cute. I regularly tell my husband he's cute, as in being cute, but when I compliment his appearance, I use sexy/hot/handsome.
I've been called beautiful before. I responded

Gee thanks!!!

But don't make me put my lipstick on now.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerz View Post
oh no, i never do this to little boys.
lol!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships