Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 PM

672 posts, read 2,128,087 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm not gay, but I do wish you good luck. But give us dummy folks a little break here. I had to get out my dictionary to try and see what treprdacious, or whatever it was, meant!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 06:02 PM

25,157 posts, read 54,028,792 times
LOL. I know what you mean. The gays at the bars and dance clubs are freakin weird. So many weirdos. But ya know it is fun to dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Ha! Definitely try not to flirt if I don't know a guy's orientation. I can't tell with this guy as I don't even know his name yet (I just call him the "Hot Foreign Guy"), but yeah, I'm hoping he is and I think he might be based on the eye contact I received when he first started riding my bus.

In my city things are kind of wierd. First, "respectable" gays don't go to the gay bars (they're hook-up joints or drug dens) and we don't have any gay coffee houses, etc. It's really wierd, so we're left to playing "is he or isn't he?" all the time

Old 02-21-2008, 06:04 PM

Lior Arel, gays are like that EVERYWHERE. At least the cities I've been gays are like that.

Quote:
Not the stereotype here; though I have my "queeny" moments

Tampa is a mid-size city and yes, the places in my particular neighborhood are mixed, but it's a wierd vibe. Like if you're gay and you approach another man; you're just trying to hook up with them. I have no gay friends here because of that. All the guys I've dated here had recently moved here at the time (then most of them moved away, which is why, hence, no relationship). Of the gay couples I know, they moved here together or knew each other from school. It truly is a strange gay community here. Words cannot describe it.

Old 02-23-2008, 02:23 PM

22,695 posts, read 19,375,059 times
What is your gaydar telling you on this guy?
And good luck! Oooooh! What fun!

I trust my gaydar because it is soooo on the mark, but it led to an embarrassing situation when I was flirting with a gorgeous butch over several weeks, and as things warmed up it became apparent we were moving into DATE terriroty she was aghast. Turns out she was not out to herself yet, though it was pretty obvious to many people around her.

So I still trust the gaydar, but watch for other "social clues" as to whether someone is out, to save myself from those sorts of awkward situations.

Like a friend of mine said, "You know you're in denial about being gay when you look around and one by one all your best friends turn out to be gay right before your very eyes."

Old 02-23-2008, 11:56 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,989,328 times
DIMSUM, you have been wanting to use that word for a long time huh. ( Gaydar )

I am so shocked that the Christians have not invaded this thread and begged you get help with "YOUR PROBLEM" by now.

What if he is Bisexual.. or are you hoping for a more committed relationship with this HOT FOREIGNER? either way.. good luck.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:18 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,961,649 times
I don't know, If I was hit on by a gay guy I'd be pretty freaked out.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:27 PM

right.

I have some very straight friends that know I am gay and they hate the idea of being hit on or flirted with by a gay guy. Also from what I heard straight people think that gay sex is so disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
I don't know, If I was hit on by a gay guy I'd be pretty freaked out.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Also from what I heard straight people think that gay sex is so disgusting.
And gay people have that same conversation, "ewwwww, a guy with a girl? yuuuuuuk!" LOL

Old 02-26-2008, 10:18 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,948,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
And gay people have that same conversation, "ewwwww, a guy with a girl? yuuuuuuk!" LOL
Hey, I don't care what straight people do in their bedroom, I just don't want it thrown in my face

Old 02-26-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Hey, I don't care what straight people do in their bedroom, I just don't want it thrown in my face
I love this T-shirt, "I don't care if you're straight, as long as you act gay in public."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships