Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2016, 01:08 AM

52,446 posts, read 53,001,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Woman
Yes just show a creationist all the evidence supporting Evolution and you will get what you have just described.
Please post the study if you can find it. I would love to share it with the creationists.

LOL... you just presented my point, but I'm sure a smart woman like yourself can see that...

Old 09-11-2016, 04:15 PM

594 posts, read 381,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Do you realize that most people never come around when they are presented with valid and meaningful contrary evidence. Some study came out recently about it, most people just stubbornly cling to their views as if they are some kind of child......
But you're the exception, right?

I've always been the "learn the lessons the hard way" kind of person. Someone(parent, friend, family member, therapist) can tell me the right way to do something, but until I realize it myself by having the wrong way kick me in the teeth, I won't really learn why something is either "right" or "wrong." I think most people are like that.

So, I have a question for you, Chowhound, and I promise I will do exactly what you tell me to do. Should I, as a slightly co-dependent person, continue dating or should I refrain from dating until I get my issues resolved? If you tell me to refrain from dating I will immediately cancel all dates, focus on being single and never post in this thread again. I promise.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:19 PM

11,836 posts, read 12,117,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post

I've always been the "learn the lessons the hard way" kind of person. Someone(parent, friend, family member, therapist) can tell me the right way to do something, but until I realize it myself by having the wrong way kick me in the teeth, I won't really learn why something is either "right" or "wrong." I think most people are like that.
The problem with this is your hard lessons are being taken out on unsuspecting women. That's why you should step away from the dating scene until you resolve your issues.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
The problem with this is your hard lessons are being taken out on unsuspecting women.
Poor, unsuspecting woman. They're just the victims of this brutal monster. Oh, the humanity! How have women survived all these years with men like me running around unleashing my co-dependency on them?

Old 09-11-2016, 06:34 PM

52,446 posts, read 53,001,616 times
Quote:

So, I have a question for you, Chowhound, and I promise I will do exactly what you tell me to do. Should I, as a slightly co-dependent person, continue dating or should I refrain from dating until I get my issues resolved? If you tell me to refrain from dating I will immediately cancel all dates, focus on being single and never post in this thread again. I promise.
I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I'm getting a feeling that I've just been served up with a big ol' sarcasm sandwich over here.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I'm getting a feeling that I've just been served up with a big ol' sarcasm sandwich over here.
No seriously. Just say the word and it'll just be me, rosey and my collection of Victoria's Secret catalogues for the next year.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:41 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,466,359 times
Quote:
Poor, unsuspecting woman. They're just the victims of this brutal monster. Oh, the humanity! How have women survived all these years with men like me running around unleashing my co-dependency on them?
So in addition to being in denial about your horrible behavior, you deny that it affects the women you treat this way. You're a piece of work.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
So in addition to being in denial about your horrible behavior, you deny that it affects the women you treat this way. You're a piece of work.
Has there even been one instance that I have denied that I'm codependent and exhibit codependent behavior? I don't think so. I'm not going to be cast as some abusive perpetrator against women because that could not be further from the truth. I have never been an abusive person and never will be.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:44 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,466,359 times
Quote:
Has there even been one instance that I have denied that I'm codependent and exhibit codependent behavior? I don't think so. I'm not going to be cast as some abusive perpetrator against women because that could not be further from the truth. I have never been an abusive person and never will be.
Knowing that you have huge relationship issues and continuing to date and foisting your relationship problems on unsuspecting women is bad behavior. You may not want to call it abusive, but others certainly would. The behaviors you mentioned upthread about talking at your date, getting personal, and pushing her, and refusing to stop yourself is, again, bad behavior. None of this will be fixed by you continuing to date, you will just continue to push these bewildered women away, hurt them, and then feel bad about yourself, and then get defensive when people call you out on your BS, just like you're doing now.

You know what you're doing is wrong and hurtful, and yet you refuse to stop. What would you call it if someone else did it to you?

Old 09-11-2016, 07:55 PM

I'm not getting defensive, I just don't like being called abusive. I very much respect women and I would never hurt them. One thing my wife of 18 years would never accuse me of is being abusive. I understand that my behavior can sometimes be off putting and maybe even strange, but abusive? No way. Yes, I was a little pushy with the Vegan in our last conversation. But at no point did it ever cross from uncomfortable into abusive territory. I'm cognizant enough to recognize when I've crossed that line. I'm not a sociopath, I'm just codependent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships