Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 08:01 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
Did you eventually find a partner online? I haven't heard of too many success stories on CD, that's why I'm asking.
There are several of us who met our partners or spouses on sites like OKC, PoF and Match. I dated several men from all three sites. A few relationships formed as a result of meeting on OKC, including my now-husband.

And I know over a dozen others who met their spouses on dating sites.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:04 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Online pervs must be pretty common. Because the easiest way for a guy to get laid from an online connection... Never mention sex. It works like a charm.

Women are so used to meeting horn dogs that you automatically get bumped up a few notches by just never going in the direction.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:32 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Online pervs must be pretty common. Because the easiest way for a guy to get laid from an online connection... Never mention sex. It works like a charm.

Women are so used to meeting horn dogs that you automatically get bumped up a few notches by just never going in the direction.
This is very true. At least for me.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:53 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post

Well actually....I think they're kind of boring if we get to the phone # stage and they never mention sex or flirt. Maybe I'm a perv too. I don't mind talking about it or sending dirty jokes, that doesn't mean I'm having sex as soon as we meet though.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
Well actually....I think they're kind of boring if we get to the phone # stage and they never mention sex or flirt. Maybe I'm a perv too. I don't mind talking about it or sending dirty jokes, that doesn't mean I'm having sex as soon as we meet though.
Just sext. Lol!

Old 09-06-2016, 09:08 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Just sext. Lol!
wut
It's fun.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbcrazycatlady View Post
wut
It's fun.
I know.

Old 09-06-2016, 09:25 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
You know, this had entered my mind as well and I actually brought that up to her. She insists that the ones who contact her are that way. I just went online and looked at her profile out of curiosity. Her write up seems good except that she misrepresents her body type! She says average when she is actually a little chunky. She also has a very tight fitting glittery tank type top shirt on that shows a little cleavage and the angle makes her look thinner. I don't know, I wish she would meet someone quick as this consumes her life.
As a guy, I think the two bold statements are why your friend is having problems. Just like many women don't like showing up to a date to find out the guy is bald, pudgy, short, or has meth mouth. Men don't like showing up on a date where a woman misrepresents herself. You're being brutally honest about your friend, by saying she's a little chubby. I think a lot of guys pick up on that and so their interest wanes and they kinda just play the game fast and loose. She'll either need to keep trying till a guy likes her for her, or she'll have to change her image to attract the guy she's after.

Women misrepresent themselves constantly online when it comes to their weight. I don't doubt that some women have trouble losing weight, but there's clearly an abundance of women, and men for that matter, who are carrying way too much weight for no good reason. I've encountered so many women in my years of online dating who were very self conscious about their weight, and knew that they were overweight, but just weren't doing anything about it. That's the kicker, they weren't doing anything about it. Most of the time, male or female, if they have a choice of the overweight person or the slightly smaller person, if everything else is fairly equal, they're going to choose the smaller person.

I think what rubs guys wrong, and guys can correct me if I'm wrong, is the woman who's heavier and trying to hide it through creative angles with their pictures. If you're a heavier woman, be a heavier woman and deal with the fallout. Just like a balding guy needs to deal with his balding, and not try and cover it up with a hat. It is what it is. Deal with it. Life just isn't fair, and this is coming from a guy who dates alright, but can't get into a relationship if his life depended on it.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:45 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,439,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Thinking that all guys are going to do the sexual comment stuff right off the bat and that all they want is sex is the female version of the guys who come on here and say all women like guys who are jerks.
And declaring that ALL women who have issues with d-bag men must have daddy issues is just as ignorant and untrue.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:47 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
And declaring that ALL women who have issues with d-bag men must have daddy issues is just as ignorant and untrue.
Not all women do, but most do. It's been shown here over and over and over again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships