Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,229 times

Advertisements

Son (40 years old) has been dating same girl for about a year. I have invited her to get nails done, go to lunch, etc., always declined. Thought she was shy.
My son and girlfriend had a special day planned last Sunday. Saturday night I ended up being admitted to hospital for bowel obstruction. My son came to hospital (neighbor called that I was being admitted) he stayed 2 hours bringing me clothes and toothbrush as I had been brought in via ambulance.
On Sunday I received a text message from son's girlfriend "thank you for ruining our weekend" my response was "wow, that was hurtful" "you have your whole day planned"
Heard from son later in the day that Saturday night when he got home she had been drinking with friends and decided I had gotten bowel obstruction to ruin her weekend. She yelled and screamed at my son to the extent that he left and checked into hotel he had reserved (he was planning on proposing)
On Monday he went back home to girlfriend. She is still certain I became ill to ruin her weekend. My son is trying to work it out. Got home from hospital Monday night. Texted girlfriend today (tuesday) asking if we could be friends, I'm fond of her, looking forward to a happy relationship with her. Got response that was brutal, she said cruel untrue vicious things. I'm speechless.
My husband had a very close relationship with his mother. I was happy about it and always remembered the saying "a man treats his wife like he treated his mothers". Why is this women so hateful? I know there is nothing I can do, but just needed to vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 09:05 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,773,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda matt View Post
Son (40 years old) has been dating same girl for about a year. I have invited her to get nails done, go to lunch, etc., always declined. Thought she was shy.
My son and girlfriend had a special day planned last Sunday. Saturday night I ended up being admitted to hospital for bowel obstruction. My son came to hospital (neighbor called that I was being admitted) he stayed 2 hours bringing me clothes and toothbrush as I had been brought in via ambulance.
On Sunday I received a text message from son's girlfriend "thank you for ruining our weekend" my response was "wow, that was hurtful" "you have your whole day planned"
Heard from son later in the day that Saturday night when he got home she had been drinking with friends and decided I had gotten bowel obstruction to ruin her weekend. She yelled and screamed at my son to the extent that he left and checked into hotel he had reserved (he was planning on proposing)
On Monday he went back home to girlfriend. She is still certain I became ill to ruin her weekend. My son is trying to work it out. Got home from hospital Monday night. Texted girlfriend today (tuesday) asking if we could be friends, I'm fond of her, looking forward to a happy relationship with her. Got response that was brutal, she said cruel untrue vicious things. I'm speechless.
My husband had a very close relationship with his mother. I was happy about it and always remembered the saying "a man treats his wife like he treated his mothers". Why is this women so hateful? I know there is nothing I can do, but just needed to vent.
Ok...

Is there a question you want answered or a problem you want advice for?

Old 09-07-2016, 09:13 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,454,597 times
She sounds like a true gem!

Old 09-07-2016, 09:29 PM

479 posts, read 432,354 times
The OP needs to vent, obviously, plus... she said that, in her post.
Girlfriend is not a nice person. You don't have to be friends with her (I know you'd like to... you know, ideally, and all that...) and it doesn't seem like she wants to be friends with you. Who know what her trip is? Her behavior towards you was psycho... Your son will do whatever he does... If he lets this unpleasant and malicious woman come between you and he's relationship... then, he's got many, many things to learn about life, yet.
Partners cannot compete, relationship-wise, with each other's relationship with their parents. Those relationships exist on different planes... they're playing on different playing fields, so to speak.
All you can do is love him, support him, be honest... and not let her treat you like crap. She sound like a *****.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:42 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,155,021 times
Sounds like he needs to hurry up and marry her so he can get on with the divorce and recovery.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:45 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,227,170 times
Quote:
There are always 2 sides to a story. It sounds like there is some history between you and his gf which you have chosen not to disclose. Unless she's truly crazy, most people don't just start saying cruel, untrue, vicious things without provocation.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:59 PM

594 posts, read 380,208 times
Borderline personality disorder?

Old 09-07-2016, 10:01 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,116,887 times
Wow. I'm sorry that she did that to you.

Not everyone has a healthy relationship with their parents. Hence, they wouldn't understand being there for their parents when an emergency happens. I can only conclude that this girl hates her own parents, hence why she acted so inappropriately in this situation, because in her mind, you don't deserve to have one of your kids come help you when they're in the hospital. For the record, I think what she said was abhorrent, and it's probably good that you didn't post the rest of the bad stuff she said because omg I'd never speak to a bf's mother like that!

In MY family, we all rush immediately to the hospital if one of us is in the ER. That's how roll. We support each other in times of emergency. If ANY guy that I was dating at the time had the gall to be so utterly disrespectful to my mom after she'd just been in the ER, I'd kick his ass out so fast that he'd be clear into next week by the time I was through. You don't disrespect my family, especially my mom.

I'm sorry that your son doesn't have the guts to tell her the same. I hope he realizes what a major jerk she is quickly and doesn't end up making the HUGE mistake of marrying her. She sounds like a prissy princess who expects everyone to drop everything for her. What a nightmare.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:01 PM

910 posts, read 2,295,251 times
Quote:
I feel your pain! For 4 years I went out of my way to be nice to my son's now wife and her 2 kids from previous relationships. But because I was upset 6 years ago when I was moving to another state (a good distance away) and he stood me up to go help her at her night job she suddenly decided to hold a grudge against me and told my son she didn't want me to go to their home when I visited 2 years ago - frankly, I think he may have been dumb enough to have told her during an argument maybe that I didn't use to like her (with very good reasons!). I was actually the one who advised my son to get married because they'd had a child together, my only grandaughter and I sent them all gifts for Christmas, B-days other occasions. She's bi-polar so I guess her random belated grudge shouldn't surprise me but it hurt me very deeply. He hasn't really been happy with her because it's all about her and how she feels, she over-spends all the time so he's unable to save a penny. She burdens him with stuff about her older kids, he's been the "baby sitter" too many times when she has "something" to do. I'm sure he spends money on the older 2 that he shouldn't have to since they have their own fathers. She was having quite a miserable life as a single mother who couldn't even speak English before my son "rescued" her, he works very hard for the family and she has a better life now yet she laments not being able to get government benefits. My son's a really good guy, my daughter and I doubt that she really loves him but... it's the life he chose though.

All I can do is wish and pray that your son doesn't go ahead with his plans of marrying this girl, perhaps she too has not yet identified mental problems that could later on make him very unhappy.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:07 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Thank heaven you ruined her weekend, because otherwise, your son wouldn't have had an occasion to observe how crazy she is. Since her over-the-top reaction interfered with his plans to propose (YES, there is a God!), he may see the light, and decide to call it quits at some point. One can hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships