Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 10:48 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
I know it's pretty straightforward, but I guess I just think all men are liars and he's just buttering me up. But if he was buttering me up, perhaps it would be been over the top.

That's the problem when someone lies to you, you think everyone else lies too
Just because he's honest or articulate, that doesn't mean he's not buttering you up. It also doesn't mean he's not saying the same thing to 5 other women on different nights of the week.

Also, just because he wants to sleep with you, that doesn't mean he wants anything more. In fact, it sounds like that's all he's interested in. If a man is interested in more than sex, he doesn't cut right to the chase with a discussion of sex. That whole "open to more if you're emotionally available" thing is a crock, and gives him an out to ghost after he taps.

Sleep with this guy if you want to, but don't expect to hear from again afterwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 11:50 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Also, take into consideration the OP is married, but wants to have sex outside of her marriage.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:51 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Translation: He would open up more if you would open up. ( if you know what I mean )
I didn't realize the seat of emotions was...well, the seat.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Also, take into consideration the OP is married, but wants to have sex outside of her marriage.
Er, EXCUSEZ-MOI???

Are you serious?

OP, can you clarify? And while we're on the subject of lying, you're not lying to your husband in this case, I'm assuming, since you're against lying and accuse men of being liars. You and your husband have an agreement?

In either case, this would mean you couldn't possibly expect more of the person than to want sex alone from you, nor could you expect him to think you want more. He must be very confused as to why you're insisting on "more" in the way of "why" and probably feels you're just playing some game with yourself where you pretend it's all more romantic than just sex and cheating. He probably thinks he's playing along.

But I can't assume that until you clarify, so I hope you return to do so.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:23 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Er, EXCUSEZ-MOI???

Are you serious?

OP, can you clarify? And while we're on the subject of lying, you're not lying to your husband in this case, I'm assuming, since you're against lying and accuse men of being liars. You and your husband have an agreement?

In either case, this would mean you couldn't possibly expect more of the person than to want sex alone from you, nor could you expect him to think you want more. He must be very confused as to why you're insisting on "more" in the way of "why" and probably feels you're just playing some game with yourself where you pretend it's all more romantic than just sex and cheating. He probably thinks he's playing along.

But I can't assume that until you clarify, so I hope you return to do so.
Apparently, legally separated since Tuesday, but still living together.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/45390909-post30.html

Maybe she finally asked him and he OK'ed it.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-open-our.html

Old 09-15-2016, 12:49 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:
A guy that interested in sleeping with me told me this when I asked him why he was attracted to me

" I think you have very attractive features, I think you carry yourself well with a lot of confidence, and the two combined I find very sexy".

What does this mean? To me, it doesn't sound like the normal, sleazy lines I've heard before. Thoughts?

The real questions is what are your thoughts on what he told you??

Old 09-15-2016, 12:55 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Apparently, legally separated since Tuesday, but still living together.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/45390909-post30.html

Maybe she finally asked him and he OK'ed it.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-open-our.html
Damn....I thought the name was familiar....not sure why it didn't click.

OP, if your situation is still the same as described in those previous threads....trying to figure out another man's intentions is THE LAST thing you should be concerned about.....realistically you're not in a good place at all to be trying to introduce someone else into your life. At all.

Old 09-15-2016, 03:14 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,338,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Damn....I thought the name was familiar....not sure why it didn't click.

OP, if your situation is still the same as described in those previous threads....trying to figure out another man's intentions is THE LAST thing you should be concerned about.....realistically you're not in a good place at all to be trying to introduce someone else into your life. At all.
After I read your 2 previous threads I am almost sure that your new man does not know that you are still married, right? How long do you know him?

Old 09-15-2016, 03:24 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
A guy that interested in sleeping with me told me this when I asked him why he was attracted to me

" I think you have very attractive features, I think you carry yourself well with a lot of confidence, and the two combined I find very sexy".

What does this mean? To me, it doesn't sound like the normal, sleazy lines I've heard before. Thoughts?
I read the thread so far and I'm still baffled.

What would he be lying about? He basically said he thinks you're hot and he wants to bang you. I mean, he didn't say anything bad or disrespectful but he didn't say anything amazing either.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I read the thread so far and I'm still baffled.

What would he be lying about? He basically said he thinks you're hot and he wants to bang you. I mean, he didn't say anything bad or disrespectful but he didn't say anything amazing either.
This has been my question to, but people keep saying he's lying...?

Where's the lie?

1. He straight-up told her he wanted to sleep with her.
2. She asked what it was about her he found attractive (to paraphrase).
3. He came up with a couple of things, probably having to guess since he most likely wasn't really sure; he just knew he wanted to sleep with her, and he knew she wanted him to talk more.
4. She came on here to ask whether he's just a liar as most men are.

I...dunno.

I think OP probably has her answer so I don't want to beat a dead horse; just listing things as I see them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships