Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 11:09 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rent.in.nyc View Post
But....just to be on the safe side, does not harm. Especially if the date was agreed upon many days before. Somebody could forget, the date, or to cancel.

Even doctors do this: The receptionist calls a day before to remind you of your appointment.
Sure, but really, who just skips out on a date without saying a word? I don't know...I can't think this is in any way mature, or acceptable. Someone is getting dressed up just for you. He just got his hair cut but not TOO cut because he doesn't want it to look too obvious or like he's trying too hard...he embarrassed himself asking his sister which color shirt was better. He came on C-D begging for advice. He walked through a cloud of cologne because he read in Men's Health that if you spray directly you'll be overwhelming and smell like her dad. Then he ACTUALLY GOT HIS CAR CLEANED. No. Seriously. He did.

And I'm going to just not show, because hell, he should have been on the safe side and called yet one more time to confirm?

I wouldn't. And if it were done to me I surely wouldn't have any respect for the loser who did it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 11:21 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Sure, but really, who just skips out on a date without saying a word? I don't know...I can't think this is in any way mature, or acceptable. Someone is getting dressed up just for you. He just got his hair cut but not TOO cut because he doesn't want it to look too obvious or like he's trying too hard...he embarrassed himself asking his sister which color shirt was better. He came on C-D begging for advice. He walked through a cloud of cologne because he read in Men's Health that if you spray directly you'll be overwhelming and smell like her dad. Then he ACTUALLY GOT HIS CAR CLEANED. No. Seriously. He did.

And I'm going to just not show, because hell, he should have been on the safe side and called yet one more time to confirm?

I wouldn't. And if it were done to me I surely wouldn't have any respect for the loser who did it.
Yes, I totally agree with you, it is extremely rude, done by a man or a woman.
But still one could forget the date, or to call to cancel. It happens, but nobody believes it!
So, I DO, just to be sure!

Old 09-19-2016, 11:26 AM

13,627 posts, read 10,029,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It's an English thing.... When talking to a bloke it's mate and a bird it's love
I'm never comfortable with "love", I always have an urge to say "babe", or "darlin".

Old 09-19-2016, 11:26 AM

50,772 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Therefore it is best to ask the day before or the same day, in case you do not hear from him
"Hey, stranger, are we still on for today?" Then you know. If no reply, then it is off.

Also, better not to meet and probably wait in a bar!
It was my first online date, I did not yet have my turtle shell in place, lol. It was a bar/restaurant, not a dive. Still I felt stupid.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:27 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I'm never comfortable with "love", I always have an urge to say "babe".
Babe, sweetheart, darling....... It's never ending for the poor ladies mate! LMAO

Old 09-19-2016, 11:29 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
I just call everyone "dude."

I dated a guy who was adamant about picking me up for our first date, even though he lived on the other side of town and I suggested and was perfectly fine with meeting in the middle somewhere. He wanted to be a gentleman, dammit, and why was I being so difficult?

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 09-19-2016 at 11:37 AM..

Old 09-19-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
My BFF calls everyone "love."

I'm she doesn't mean she wants to hit it!
O.k., thanks, JerZ, just wanted to make sure....lol....:-)))

Old 09-19-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It's an English thing.... When talking to a bloke it's mate and a bird it's love

I would answer your question but I'm not one for long posts LOL

Ohhhh BFF!

Would " she " or wouldn't " she "!...... 😂😂😂😂
NICE, LC or LB ?..haha.....what do I say to you, I am a bird, Mate?

Old 09-19-2016, 11:35 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
NICE, LC or LB ?..haha.....what do I say to you, I am a bird, Mate?
If you're a chick you're a bird.

If you're a dude you're a bloke.

I think.

Ay-up! (two thumbs)

Old 09-19-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I'm never comfortable with "love", I always have an urge to say "babe", or "darlin".
I think "babe" is best and very common, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships