Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 12:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,685 times

Advertisements

I'm 25 and I never any sort of intimate relationship. Not even a casual fling. University took a heavy toll on me, I was always busy. Besides, I've struggled with anxiety, depression and tons of insecurities since childhood.

I'm more stable right now and I have this sensation of inner peace for the first time in my life. The thought of never having a relationship feels the natural thing to happen. It's as if it's a world where I know I don't belong to.

Truth be told, no girl has ever expressed any interest in me and even if one did, I wouldn't notice it.

When I think about long term plans for my life, they never included anyone else besides myself. My friends are all coupled up nowadays and it's harder and harder to get together. So I'm getting very used to doing things on my own.

Is this in any way unusual?

Old 10-02-2016, 12:47 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Or utilize the blog feature.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:48 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
We have all read the same original post word for word previously. If you don't want a relationship, fine. No one is forcing you in to one. Additionally, there is absolutely no reason to make that declaration on a forum that discusses relationships. Unless you're trolling for responses.

If that's the case, it makes you pathetic.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:50 PM

I deeply apologise to everyone. The thread can be deleted.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:55 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,791,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkeno View Post
Then why did you seek out a forum that manly focus on relocation to proclaim your desire to never, ever enter a relationship?

Methinks you've been here before. Many times. I suspect you've been booted more than once too.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Then why did you seek out a forum that manly focus on relocation to proclaim your desire to never, ever enter a relationship?

Methinks you've been here before. Many times. I suspect you've been booted more than once too.
I got to know this site through the relationships forum.

No, never been here before. I just can't delete the thread on my own.

Old 10-02-2016, 12:58 PM

641 posts, read 405,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkeno View Post
Apology accepted. Enjoy the single life buddy.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:01 PM

401 posts, read 552,411 times
I'm not looking for anything intimate as of now but I've casual dated a few times. I'm not that much younger than you (a couple of years). Around 18, first year of college, I made the mistake of going into college trying to look for an intimate relationship or a serious relationship. Then left and right, people were cheating on their boyfriends/girlfriends back home and "hooking up" was the dating norm . This however changed over the years and by 3rd/4th year of college, some people got into intimate relationships but I was perfectly fine with being single.

If you do change your mind and want to start casual dating, try to talk to some friends with experience for tips. Usually if it's a good friend, they will be excited to help out.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:28 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,909,751 times
Unusual? Yes. Most people have some kind of romantic relationship at some time in their lives.

Som people are not meant to have romantic relationships. You are probably one of them. Time will tell for sure.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:49 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,490,037 times
It may not be common but I think it's healthy to be "okay" with being single, whether that's short term or long term. I don't mean everyone should be single but finding peace with being your #1 advocate, entertainer, supporter, etc. is important in life. Sounds like you got that, which is great... some people don't even find that self-assuredness even later in life.

That being said, as your life continues to get more stable and you make more money to afford good experiences, you may feel lonely not to have a "best friend" to experience it with. That feeling is very common and tends to be what drives people to want a significant other. I have a lot of friends who thought they'd be single forever for all the reasons you just stated but it all changed when they met their person and that void was filled. That didn't happen until late 20's or late 30's for some of them. If you've never dated, it may feel completely out of the realm of possibility to suddenly become part of a couple but the universe is mysterious. You're young so who knows how it will turn out. As long as you keep an open mind and just pursue what fulfills you in the moment instead of worrying about what's "normal" or "expected," you'll be happy regardless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships